Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Introduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2021, 08:22 AM   #1

Default Introduction

Well holy hell.. My account finally got approved after waiting what seems like forever.

About 2 weeks or so ago, I went to the local hobby store with my kids to just waste time and look around.

While there, i was joking with my wife, that I was going to take one of the little 1/24 Element Enduro24's home with me. Well we were getting ready to leave, and she told me to go back in and get it. I said ok. I had a blast with it all night.

Well while browsing online, I noticed the hobby store 1 hour away from me, happened to have some of the SCX24 JLU's in stock. (thats what I really wanted when browsing).

I joked with the wife about how I couldnt return the new one now because I had already used it. (serious), but I had really wanted the SCX24.

Surprisingly, she said go get it too. Well I didnt say no to that. I hopped in and made the hour drive.

Now I am the owner of 2 1/24 scale crawlers, and having a blast with them almost daily. Both are still stock, but I have a barrage motor on the way for the SCX.

Anyway, I look forward to learning, and this intro into the world has gotten me addicted already.
93civEJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2021, 08:23 AM   #2

Default Re: Introduction

Sorry, can this post be moved to Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

I happened to see that area after posting.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Welcome to the addiction!

I have two of the 1/24 JLUs for my kids, and I find myself playing with them at times as well.

This is a fun hobby. Take the time to soak up all the knowledge in this forum as well, there is a TON of it here, along with a lot of helpful people!

RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1 View Post
Well holy hell.. My account finally got approved after waiting what seems like forever.

About 2 weeks or so ago, I went to the local hobby store with my kids to just waste time and look around.

While there, i was joking with my wife, that I was going to take one of the little 1/24 Element Enduro24's home with me. Well we were getting ready to leave, and she told me to go back in and get it. I said ok. I had a blast with it all night.

Well while browsing online, I noticed the hobby store 1 hour away from me, happened to have some of the SCX24 JLU's in stock. (thats what I really wanted when browsing).

I joked with the wife about how I couldnt return the new one now because I had already used it. (serious), but I had really wanted the SCX24.

Surprisingly, she said go get it too. Well I didnt say no to that. I hopped in and made the hour drive.

Now I am the owner of 2 1/24 scale crawlers, and having a blast with them almost daily. Both are still stock, but I have a barrage motor on the way for the SCX.

Anyway, I look forward to learning, and this intro into the world has gotten me addicted already.
Welcome to THE single-best, possibly HEALTHIEST addictio.....err, hobbies! Ever! Im coming up on one year +/- a few mo. And my wife hates my guts, (fiancé), thank God. Lol! My neighbors are a mixed crowd, some hate me, some love me, i bash no matter WHAT the Karens say!

Ive become known as that "Car Guy" in my HOA 'hood. Baahahahahaaa!!!

Started with Redcat on-road, then several cheap Hosim trucks, The Trusty/bad-to-the-bone TRX4 Sport, Danchee Ridgerock, Traxxas R4stler VXL, SCX24-b17Betty, a few drones, blah blah blah! Hahaha not to mention i went crazy initially (impatient, young & dumb) lol!

Got AT LEAST the value of the T-Rex Sport INTO it, but more realistically, double or better!

Same goes for R4stBlur, AND Lightning EPX Pro.

Enjoy! Check the signature!

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:56 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

i realy enjoyed my 1/24 losi tt it was.a fun little crawler some day ill.try to see what gear let go on it lol
that little.rig saw as.much run time as my 1/10 scale for a long time there about the second most fun you can have in bed with your clothes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post

!
oh man i feel for you i would rather live out of a shoping cart than live in a hoa
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post
Welcome to THE single-best, possibly HEALTHIEST addictio.....err, hobbies! Ever! Im coming up on one year +/- a few mo. And my wife hates my guts, (fiancé), thank God. Lol! My neighbors are a mixed crowd, some hate me, some love me, i bash no matter WHAT the Karens say!

Started with Redcat on-road, then several cheap Hosim trucks, The Trusty/bad-to-the-bone TRX4 Sport, Danchee Ridgerock, Traxxas R4stler VXL, SCX24-b17Betty, a few drones, blah blah blah! Hahaha not to mention i went crazy initially (impatient, young & dumb) lol!

Got AT LEAST the value of the T-Rex Sport INTO it, but more realistically, double or better!

Same goes for R4stBlur, AND Lightning EPX Pro.

Enjoy! Check the signature!

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!
I am already planning what i want next for my intro to 1/10. Currently it is between the SCX10 III in the gladiator (just because I drive one), and the TRX-4 sport.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:45 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Welcome to RCC! You have found your way to the best source of all things RC crawler on the internet. Enjoy your new hobby/addition and once you reach 30 post we like to see pictures.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Welcome to RCC! You have found your way to the best source of all things RC crawler on the internet. Enjoy your new hobby/addition and once you reach 30 post we like to see pictures.
Thanks, right now my stuff is pretty much stock. Though i do have a barrage motor arriving today for my SCX24 JLU. Otherwise, all my stuff looks about the same as anyone else.

that will change one day.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:21 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

.....and so it begins! Welcome.
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote

Introduction - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduction Leon Sidursky Newbie General 0 10-04-2015 08:21 PM
Introduction. zukgod1 Chit Chat 2 02-26-2013 10:12 PM
introduction wblteen Wisconsin 45 09-28-2010 12:40 AM