LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #1

Default Loose pin/ skid plate ideas?

Name:  27286DD2-1F0A-4B68-9F07-4F67A1C0F218.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  118.3 KBName:  247EE60A-862F-4C10-BCC0-BF34DD4A27CC.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  120.4 KB

Hey guys sorry if this is a common thing that I just making a big deal of but I have a Gelande ii 1/18 blackrock and one of the little pins on the drivetrain (propeller shadt??) is coming loose. Hopefully pictures explain better. Couple questions, best way to fix? How did it probably happen? Did it bump something during off roading perhaps? If that’s the case, do rc crawlers do any kind of skid plating to protect the delicate parts down there? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Gnmetalprl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2019, 08:44 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Loose pin/ skid plate ideas?

Maybe use a little threadlock to help hold it in? Don't have a Gelande, so that's all I got, sorry...
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Those pins, unless they are captured, tend to work themselves loose. You can glue it in place, as they are usually only held in by Friction. Just do not glue all the joints.

As far as a skid, a piece of sheet metal works good. The links will define the size of the skid but it def works, and prevents some hangups.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:37 AM   #4
JC3
Quarry Creeper

I don't own one but that would drive me crazy knowing that the pins could fall out on the trail! Ideas that come to mind are some heat shrink tubing used creatively, Loctite like some have mentioned, and possibly another useful idea is to get a set of pin retainers from another kit and see if they fit over your axles. If they were the same size it could be the answer, or at least a step in the right direction. You would probably have to do some modification of the retainer, but it would be worth the effort.
Attached Images

JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
I don't own one but that would drive me crazy knowing that the pins could fall out on the trail! Ideas that come to mind are some heat shrink tubing used creatively, Loctite like some have mentioned....
Yep, clean it up with paper towel to remove oil/grease, tiny drop of red Loctite, press it back in, wipe any excess out of the pin where it needs to rotate, then slowly and gently move it by hand occasionally as the Red Loctite cures, When that's done I'd put a piece of black heatshrink over it for insurance. While you'e at it the pressed in knurled metal ball ends on your suspension links needs same treatment, they are walking out the sides as seen in your pics. Had to do this with my TF2 shock rod ends.

Skidplate make something out of sheet steel or delrin.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:47 PM   #6

Hey guys I haven’t checked this in a while, but I got the pin back in with some needle nose. I like the idea of using lock tight and then heat shrinking. I will have to give it a go
Gnmetalprl is offline   Reply With Quote

Loose pin/ skid plate ideas? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Measurements for stock AX10 Transmission mounting plate/skid plate Apoch Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 04-09-2012 07:53 AM
metal Spool pin plate dudegetabike Redcat Crawlers 8 09-15-2010 11:14 PM
skid plate jose77 HPI Wheely King 8 05-31-2008 03:54 PM
AX-10 skid plate liltexmp Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 04-15-2008 07:39 AM