Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Why can't a crawler also be genuinely fast?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2022, 02:22 PM   #81

Default Re: Why can't a crawler also be genuinely fast?

The Harley Designs and SBG channels are great to watch. This last Mayhem challenge looks awesome. I haven't watched everyone's submissions yet.
Sweetride95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2022, 01:04 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
what ? are getting all scientific on me

in my opinion its close enuff for all practical purposes

i dont know about you but i litterally run on the same terrain as the 1:1 bombers and yes we do have scale woops as well
Your opinion doesn't matter to the laws of physics.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 02:24 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Your opinion doesn't matter to the laws of physics.
ya i know the scale bomber is waymore capable than the real one if we take scale in to account there really isent a comparison

but hay its close enuff in my book
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 09:24 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

Quote:
why not the bomber is literally a scale replica of the bomber that won king of the hammers what how many times by how many different drivers

i agree but how good dose it have to crawl to be a crawler and or how fast dose it have to be to be fast
The bomber sucks at crawling.

The goal for my crawlers are better then the competitions' crawler and my speed rig has to go fast and not flip if you turn.

It all depends on your goals.

I only comp my crawler. The suspension is set where they sit they can't go fast and be controllable. With the motors I use if I geared it up to go fast I probably burn the motor up pretty quick. If they did go fast and have a wreck they would shatter. For fast I only have bashers but I want to be able to go faster and slide and jump and do all that crazy stuff. My crawler can't do that. If I geared my bashers to go slow it would cog they would not run smooth at all. The suspension is very different and they get hung up on every obstacle and having open diffs would not help either.

If I were truly build something to go fast I would not be happy until it went faster than a 100 mph. You're not doing that speed in a crawler.

Last edited by MOguy; 11-06-2022 at 09:38 AM.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 10:01 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
The bomber sucks at crawling.

The goal for my crawlers are better then the competitions' crawler and my speed rig has to go fast and not flip if you turn.

It all depends on your goals.

I only comp my crawler. The suspension is set where they sit they can't go fast and be controllable. With the motors I use if I geared it up to go fast I probably burn the motor up pretty quick. If they did go fast and have a wreck they would shatter. For fast I only have bashers but I want to be able to go faster and slide and jump and do all that crazy stuff. My crawler can't do that. If I geared my bashers to go slow it would cog they would not run smooth at all. The suspension is very different and they get hung up on every obstacle and having open diffs would not help either.

If I were truly build something to go fast I would not be happy until it went faster than a 100 mph. You're not doing that speed in a crawler.
the 1:1 bomber isent a crawler but it dose crawl and they do haul

its not gona compete with a comp crawler in any scale

ive never been able to get any of my rcs over 58mph but that was half throtle however the rig decided to leap in to te air and just happend to hit me square in the chest that was the yeti xl my wraith hit 42mph before it left the ground

ive never done any speed runs on any of my street rigs ive never had enuff street but i got dirt for daays
Old 11-06-2022, 11:10 AM   #86
RCC Addict

Lets talk 1:1. Trophy truck-meant to go fast "bashing", for a Mason awd will set you back about $1.5m. Kinda go fast and hit the rocks pretty quick, Bomber or U4 rig. Next, take a Jeep, dump $100k into in so it is basically no longer a "Jeep", then finally a 4ws, double compound transfer cases... crawler. Using this as a scale, pick where you want to be and have fun, knowing that a TT won't crawl, and the crawler will break into pieces hauling the mail. Translate to rc, suspension setup and wheel travel, vehicle weight, tire selection and compound.... I don't comp, so I lean towards the TT, going from there. I have no exposure to the crazy crawler crowd, so I am biased. I like the looks of a Bomber, even though it ends up on it's roof frequently in stock form. One last thought, what is your definition of bashing? Sending it off ramps with 20' of airtime or just ripping around?
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 11:49 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Lets talk 1:1. Trophy truck-meant to go fast "bashing", for a Mason awd will set you back about $1.5m. Kinda go fast and hit the rocks pretty quick, Bomber or U4 rig. Next, take a Jeep, dump $100k into in so it is basically no longer a "Jeep", then finally a 4ws, double compound transfer cases... crawler. Using this as a scale, pick where you want to be and have fun, knowing that a TT won't crawl, and the crawler will break into pieces hauling the mail. Translate to rc, suspension setup and wheel travel, vehicle weight, tire selection and compound.... I don't comp, so I lean towards the TT, going from there. I have no exposure to the crazy crawler crowd, so I am biased. I like the looks of a Bomber, even though it ends up on it's roof frequently in stock form. One last thought, what is your definition of bashing? Sending it off ramps with 20' of airtime or just ripping around?
we get them all out here trophy trucks alot of u4 rigs prerunning and testing and tuning i can here one right now as i writing this lol

and crazy crawlers and dune buggies what ever you can think of we get em

before i got sick i got a k5 to turn in to a koh every man challange rig and a full sponsership but sherbert happens and the rig just sits here they still want me to do something with it but i just dont have it in me anymore and doc sead no racing damb it and no airplanes lol and alot of other no's we wont talk about here
anyway when some one comes down to work on it something might happen

i say strip it but thats me im tired and i already had 3 motors in the damb thing and the 3rd one is locked up from sitting again

everyone else has there 100k jeeps and toyotas they just dont care about the race truck anymore lol so it sits

Last edited by ferp420; 11-06-2022 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:58 AM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
the 1:1 bomber isent a crawler but it dose crawl and they do haul

its not gona compete with a comp crawler in any scale

ive never been able to get any of my rcs over 58mph but that was half throtle however the rig decided to leap in to te air and just happend to hit me square in the chest that was the yeti xl my wraith hit 42mph before it left the ground

ive never done any speed runs on any of my street rigs ive never had enuff street but i got dirt for daays
It is about how much of a compromise you are willing to make. But when yuo compromise you sacrifice.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 02:55 AM   #89
Rock Stacker

So my 3800kv/4s TRX4 is insanely fast, however next week I'm trying a 6s lipo and also going to 3s on a 7700kv Castle sensored motor to see how that fares up

On 3800kv 4s its fast in a straight line however there's no sense of handling but that what makes it fun right?

Going to try set up my phone for a rough GPS speed readout
CoupeUK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basher, bashing, crawler, crawling, newbie

Why can't a crawler also be genuinely fast? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best crawler to go fast? Hoyle General Crawlers 30 04-13-2020 07:40 PM
Go Fast crawler?? ncgamedog Newbie General 12 04-21-2010 11:40 PM