Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: TRX4 what next

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2020, 04:41 AM   #1

Default TRX4 what next

Hi
I'm new to this so please forgive me if this has been answered many times before, I have a TRX4 and love it, I'd like to get into a more capable crawler, I have looked at Capra / bomber / wraith etc, I can't see much of a performance difference on the videos I've been watching, the Capra maybe has the edge?
Tanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2020, 07:32 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: TRX4 what next

I think a capra will be a lot more capable being that its a buggy and not designed around a “scale” body-on-frame truck style. Lower COG, more clearance, more articulation.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:45 AM   #3
Gold Star Baby!

Welcome! If you like the technical crawling I’d say get the Capra.

However with that being said, my trx4 when built up would out crawl the Capra in most places, specifically with climbing. If you haven’t already upgraded your trx4 it may be something to consider as well.

If you have the budget for it, check out the vs4-10 pro or another good but different option would be the new trail runner just released from element rc, which has IFS and 1.55s.

Hard to go wrong these days and whatever you end up with surely won’t be your last
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Might want to look at Low CG belly draggers these look interesting. https://youtu.be/oVb4ErdEgSE
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #5

Thanks guys, think I'm looking for something thats up another level on crawling capabilities, from further research (youtube) I'm not sure the Capra and similar are much better than what I have? (I have portal weights etc on my trx,) especially after watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3MRJ9v75-U
Old 05-20-2020, 10:25 AM   #6

I like the belly dragger stuff but not really into building myself, I'm more plug and play
Old 05-20-2020, 01:58 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

You want more capable and scale get a capra, or build a belly dragger. I have a capra and a trx4, the capra is definitely more capable.

If you don't care about scale get a comp rig, for example the bully2 or a berg or build a capra based shafty (ie. Krazed builds alcista or 5th deminsion sucker punch).

comp rigs in kit form

https://www.amainhobbies.com/rc4wd-b...zk0056/p513007
rtr form

https://www.amainhobbies.com/rc4wd-b...tr0027/p513008

High budget stuff here, although the capabilites of any these will make you freak, no scaler will ever match these.

https://dluxfab.com/#!/Dlux-kit-cars...0&sort=nameAsc

capra conversion kit (fairly easy to build and capable)

alcista capra conversion
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #8

For plug and play the Capra is a good option. For more money there are the Vanquish scalers as well if you so desire. However, if you don't care for scale and want super capability you could build a comp crawler or buy an MOA like the Bully. There's also a chassis conversion for the Capra that turns it into a shafty comp crawler. Many options out there, but some are more popular than others.
Dangerfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:26 AM   #9

Ordered a capra, delivery tomorrow I've seen a lot about using lighter springs and 2.2's, anyone got any good feedback?
Old 05-21-2020, 03:29 AM   #10

I'm gonna trawl the forum for info but my eyes are hurting now
Old 05-21-2020, 04:03 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

The capra is good rtr, but make sure you open the axles and trans and grease them. Most likely there is no grease in them at all. Alot of guys run either the pruple axial springs or enduro springs, but the enduro ones are 10mm shorter and may be a litte harder to tune.

Personally, after greasing it, I would run it stock and decide for myself what I like and what I don't. For the terrain that I run, I like the red springs all around. The stock tires aren't horrrible, but I used some softer foams and that made them better. Others also suggested soaking the tires in simple green, it is supposed to make them more sticky. eventually, I swapped to the proline bfg krawler in the predator compound and these are much better.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezertdirt View Post
The capra is good rtr, but make sure you open the axles and trans and grease them. Most likely there is no grease in them at all. Alot of guys run either the pruple axial springs or enduro springs, but the enduro ones are 10mm shorter and may be a litte harder to tune.

Personally, after greasing it, I would run it stock and decide for myself what I like and what I don't. For the terrain that I run, I like the red springs all around. The stock tires aren't horrrible, but I used some softer foams and that made them better. Others also suggested soaking the tires in simple green, it is supposed to make them more sticky. eventually, I swapped to the proline bfg krawler in the predator compound and these are much better.
Hi, thanks, I did the pen spring mod and can't rally tell any difference, been looking at the dravtech shocks? I swapped tyres for hydrax g8's and these are a definite improvement

TRX4 what next - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 or TRX4 Sport Kit? Help please. m4inbrain Traxxas Crawlers 13 09-01-2021 07:47 AM
TRX4 vs .... pfray Traxxas Crawlers 7 05-07-2020 09:49 PM
TRX4 Sport body on TRX4 Crawler kit chassisc redpeppers Paint and Body 7 09-14-2019 12:59 AM
Trx4 kit or trx4 sport mebeknob Newbie General 10 09-26-2018 10:38 PM