Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New to the hobby. In a pickle with front align/sus on scx10.3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2021, 09:41 AM   #1

Default New to the hobby. In a pickle with front align/sus on scx10.3

I bought a scx10.3 cause i was always wanted a crawler.
So to keep from going over board i started with rims and tires. Got some random metal 1.9 rims with swampers.
Already had treal shock mounts coming when i noticed i now rub fenders. I was looking at getting proline shocks and figured why not go 10mm bigger to help with clearance and the rear was fine but now the front even with a panhard spacer doesn't align right..
To make it functional i went back to stock front shocks withe the treal mounts and panhard spacer.

My question now is what do i need to get it aligned good in the front with 100mm shocks on it? Or is it more practical to keep the shocks at 90mm so when i want to get new links?Either way i will deal with the rubbing a different way.
Goodman433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2021, 07:15 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New to the hobby. In a pickle with front align/sus on scx10.3

hard to say anything with out seeing a pic.of what your talking about
3 links are funky to start with and adding extreme angles isent vary good for the geomitry ether
so is the front axle being pulled backwards if so you need longer links to push it forward again
is the front axle centered under the truck if not you might need a longer or shorter panhard bar
you can buy longer rod ends and trim down to size to make the links longer no need to buy all new links

other than longer links i cant think of anywere you would.get binding i dont have a 10.3 so i just stinking out loud

pics.always help
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

These scale rigs are almost always designed for 90mm shocks so going to a 100mm shock will almost always pose a problem. I dont think there's a simple solution beyond going back to 90mm unless you want to completely redesign the front end.

If you're after more clearance on a portal axle rig you may not know just how much of an advantage that is already (in terms of clearance).

If you want more clearance at the skid (using the 90mm shocks), you can uses stiffer springs or add more pre-load. Theres bigger tires, though I would say 4.75" is the max if you want to avoid tires rubbing the body but even then they may require some trimming (the fenders). Did you get the Proline Swamper XL's or the regular proline swampers? The XL's are probably what you'd want.

also the more you lift a rig more tippy it will be. A lot of us around here spend time lowering rigs and the center of gravity.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:48 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

traxass has a lift kit for the trx4 its worth looking in to what they did in that kit harley did a video on it on you tube i would guess the 10.3 would be similer
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote

New to the hobby. In a pickle with front align/sus on scx10.3 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CR-01 Best sus setup with whats in box? andrwassht Tamiya CR-01 7 03-24-2010 03:21 PM
Vac-U Pickle Hydro Szczerba Non Crawler RC's 36 10-14-2009 10:23 AM