Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Long gone now returning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2022, 08:30 PM   #1

Default Long gone now returning

So I have been gone for a very long time like 2009ish I think was the last time I was on here. My last build was an Axial AX-10 w/DNA Slingshot chassis and dig. I am wanting to get back in to the hobby and I have been looking at videos and reading stuff on here. So far I am impressed with the Element enduro and the gmade stuff as well as the Cross-rc stuff. I also see that one of the better radios is the Flysky GT5. I like the look of the scale stuff/trail trucks vs hardcore crawlers.
The Roaming Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2022, 10:19 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Long gone now returning

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roaming Basher View Post
So I have been gone for a very long time like 2009ish I think was the last time I was on here. My last build was an Axial AX-10 w/DNA Slingshot chassis and dig. I am wanting to get back in to the hobby and I have been looking at videos and reading stuff on here. So far I am impressed with the Element enduro and the gmade stuff as well as the Cross-rc stuff. I also see that one of the better radios is the Flysky GT5. I like the look of the scale stuff/trail trucks vs hardcore crawlers.
Welcome back. Got back in in 2020 after heading out in 2012 myself.

Like the RedCat Gen8. Decent rig, fair price. More options are available than the Gmades or Cross stuff. Even more than the Element in terms of available gera.
but the aftermarket is making up time on the Element gear.

FLYSKY GT5 is a nice radio for sure. Got one with my RedCat Gen8 AXE rig.
But I like the Radiolink RC6GS V2 even more. Best 400.00 radio in an 80.00 box as I have bene saying.
The scale world really started taking off after I left in 2012. I was a bit amazed at how much better and more realistic everything has become.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
Welcome back. Got back in in 2020 after heading out in 2012 myself.

Like the RedCat Gen8. Decent rig, fair price. More options are available than the Gmades or Cross stuff. Even more than the Element in terms of available gera.
but the aftermarket is making up time on the Element gear.

FLYSKY GT5 is a nice radio for sure. Got one with my RedCat Gen8 AXE rig.
But I like the Radiolink RC6GS V2 even more. Best 400.00 radio in an 80.00 box as I have bene saying.
The scale world really started taking off after I left in 2012. I was a bit amazed at how much better and more realistic everything has become.
I have been looking at the Gen8 after you mentioned it. I like it plus I'm a sucker for a IH even if I drive a 99 Cherokee IRL lol. I'm liking the axe version quite a bit.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:16 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Figured if it sucked, I'd have some fairly decent electronics. coming up on 2 years later. the electronics are still in the AXE Rig, and shes got lots of use, and upgrades. lol

Overall its a pretty good unit.
Love the body, but the rtr is pretty top-heavy. some thicker lexan. The AXE body is just under 700grams. 684 or something like that.
so its a bit top-heavy so adding low weight (brass) is a good way to lower COG. Or run a different body that is lighter. but I agree. these are great looking bodies.

If you get the AXE, add a bit of plastic under the cage area where it mounts to the body. I stick a piece under the center and rear areas where the cage met the body to help strengthen it up. after almost 2 years of roll overs, it was cracking a bit in a couple of those areas. Seems pretty good right now and should make it a few more years. lol
Old 01-16-2022, 06:53 PM   #5

I just pulled the trigger on a Gen8 V2 RTR with International Scout II Body - Purple, Gens ace 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 45C LiPo Battery, Reef's RC Shield Design 6-Piece Multi Tool, Gens ace Imars III 100W Smart Balance AC Charger, and Redcat 16 LED Light Kit.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:23 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roaming Basher View Post
I just pulled the trigger on a Gen8 V2 RTR with International Scout II Body - Purple, Gens ace 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 45C LiPo Battery, Reef's RC Shield Design 6-Piece Multi Tool, Gens ace Imars III 100W Smart Balance AC Charger, and Redcat 16 LED Light Kit.
Good Deal. Nice start to a trail/crawler rig and some nice tools too.!

Not to really get reading the Gen8 threads and get familiar until it shows up.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:21 PM   #7

Welcome back!
I picked up a gen 8 awhile back and its been great.
But it also suckered me into buying a few other rigs since.

Enjoy!
ShapeShifter666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 11:25 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I started back up a few years ago, by getting my son an SCX10. After him driving and “us” upgrading it for a few years, I ended up getting a Gen8 AXE for Christmas a couple years ago. Honestly, it’s been a pretty solid rig.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote

Long gone now returning - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old dog returning...maybe slowlearner Newbie General 11 02-06-2022 07:37 AM
New Barrage, returning to hobby Naydrus General Scale Talk 5 08-18-2017 01:38 AM
RECON G6 returning to LV prime_310 Nevada 3 07-17-2013 10:17 PM
Returning to r/c, so yes i have a ? Sven Chen Newbie General 9 02-08-2010 10:34 AM
hopefully returning Bknight Chit Chat 15 03-15-2007 12:24 PM