Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: What can it be?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

"Donk" vehicles are just S T U P I D! IMO!
Focus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I'm more like our parents than I thought. What the He$$ does DONK stand for? Never heard of it - maybe that's a good thing.....
So is that something like Lexan for the rims????? Pretty scary stuff there.....

Hey Crawler King - be careful there........ Might need to define the redneck thing, I like crawlers on 40s, just not plastic 28" rims..... My Daughter's first vehicle is going to be a CJ7 w/ 3/4 ton Chevy running gear and 38s.....

So back to the topic. With all the sponsored people on this board, someone has to know what this thing will be. Or is this a new way of building up the product before release. We've been - or were hearing and seeing the Slash, Slayer, LSI Desert truck, SC8......... for weeks or longer. Seems to be the way things get advertised these days. I'm not complaining, I kind of like the suspense. It gives me something to look forward to while buried in BS at work.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #23
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Had to look it up myself...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donk_(automobile)
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #24

I know what it is, a Losi Stampede.

Proof - http://losi.com/Content/Tours/HighRoller/tour.html
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #25
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler_king View Post
GOD I HATE DONKS....
How the hell does the owner of that thing expect to stop it more than once with those tiny brakes on there????
Those damn things are one drive axle away from a rednecks wet dream....
makes me wish it were legal to blow someones car up.
You should see them trying to drive uphill...
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer View Post

Are they serious? Corny - They can keep that junk!
Slow_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus07 View Post
I think it will be a 1/10th 2wd monster truck to compete against the Traxxas Stampede.

Told ya so!!:grin:
Focus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

looks cool. Too bad it's not 4wd. A lifted 2wd rc is as lame & useless as a gay lifted 2wd 1:1.
highhpcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post

Hey Crawler King - be careful there........ Might need to define the redneck thing, I like crawlers on 40s, just not plastic 28" rims..... My Daughter's first vehicle is going to be a CJ7 w/ 3/4 ton Chevy running gear and 38s.....

LOL For real, throw on some 40's, and a drive axle and some of the Jersey rednecks would be crashing that beast through the woods...
I have seen enough car bodies put onto 4wd chassis.....
some of the odder ones were a Nissan Z on a jeep chassis, and an old mercedes on a ford chassis....
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #30
Release your anger..

............ And Toy Losi continues to disappoint us by releasing lame vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highhpcummins View Post
looks cool. Too bad it's not 4wd. A lifted 2wd rc is as lame & useless as a gay lifted 2wd 1:1.
IMHO if they should've atleast released a 2WD SA truck.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer View Post

Um...no thanks, I'll keep my Pede
BJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

I see a sweet truck body, and some maxxis creepy crawlers.

If those tires are the same compound as the rock claws, I'll take some of those.
cuban b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban b View Post
I see a sweet truck body, and some maxxis creepy crawlers.

If those tires are the same compound as the rock claws, I'll take some of those.
they are probably bigger than 2.2 though
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Meh....
I think I'll pass... Maybe if they went for a scale look and had the wheels under it instead of skated out like a goofball florida lowrider it would look cool....
I think they wouldve been better off going and building something along the lines of the slash... (not their dessert truck) where it had a scale look.....
Old 08-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

uuuuuuuuugh....

Way to go Losi... Let's release a competitor to the Stampede... ten YEARS too late to actually compete with it... in a category of RC that's virtually dead these days.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool truck, with a cool body, but you just can't out-'pede a 'pede.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Very disappointing IMO.

If they want to compete w/ Traxxas, why not build a Slash competitor?
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #37
Sr. Product Developer

Guys, I know I can't win no matter what I say and I'll probably get flamed or get the same ol Toy Losi and Raminator jokes...BUT remember this is not aimed at you guys, it's aimed at the entry level consumer and it's aimed at a price point that Hobby shops want. Believe it or not this entry level segment of the industry is very strong, besides do you think we are just out to waste money on tooling? It wouldn't make sense.

Take a step back, look at the truck for what it is and who might be interested in buying it. I feel that we've done a good job with the looks of this truck trying to make it look like something you might see on the street...yes it's blingy, but how many lifted trucks to we see out there with tires going bald that have never seen dirt, there is probably more of those trucks out there than trucks like ours that we use for their real purpose.
I've tested the truck and even let my mom drive it LOL, the thing is pretty durable, she actually didn't break it and she had never driven an R/c car before and just as an example, while she was driving it, a guy in a truck stopped to check it out and asked about it, love the tires and wheels and how much, etc.

I love the rock crawling segment of R/C but to be dead honest as strong and opinated as people are on all R/C message boards, they are still only a drop in the bucket when it comes to the actual amount of consumers buying R/C cars, trucks, etc.

This is not to discredit your opinions here (I've learned a lot from this and other boards), but maybe you should take a look at what products are aimed at before you bash it, then again, maybe I'm just taking it personal.

Last edited by Rich Trujillo; 08-29-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:07 AM   #38
Oppan Gangnam Style

Rich, I would have to agree with you. Personally I wouldn't buy one but when I go into the LHS, there are an aweful lot of people asking for something "fun" that they can just bash around in front of the house or take with them when they go to the park with the kids. They aren't looking for anything specific, just want to have fun. It's R/C's like this that bring people into the hobby who later find something that really catches their interest, whether it be on-road, crawling, drifting, etc. I have several friend that have been introduced to the world of R/C through entry level vehicles like this who are now completely addicted.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:14 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

I honmestly dont get the "toy" Losi ref...
And agree with what Rich is saying, this wasnt aimed at the Crawling community... I can also see how it could be taken a bit personally, For the go fast market it fits the niche perfectly, for the beginner it does the same....
I cant wait to lay my hands on the mini crawler, I love the Losi Shocks that I am running on my crawler, and was uber impressed with their Rock crawling tires...
Just think of how many 2wd monster trucks Tamiya put out there... if they announced somthing new with a LOW price point in a RTR would they get bashed?
Thanks for the good work in the ROck Crawling arena Losi, we look forward to seeing more of it...
(Maybe a full size 1/10 th scale rig?????
Old 08-29-2008, 08:04 AM   #40
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

I've never gotten the whole "toy losi" label either. People need to realize that this thread was started in the "non-crawler" section, and was posted up only as a "wonder what it'll be" thread. Many of you are shooting it down like it was purposely geared for release to this site or everyone here should like it.

I think it would be a great truck to bash around with. Looks like it has some soft and springy suspension though...so not sure how it'll handle. I'd buy this from Losi before I went and bought a Stampede from Traxxas.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote