Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: What can it be?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
Guys, I know I can't win no matter what I say and I'll probably get flamed or get the same ol Toy Losi and Raminator jokes...BUT remember this is not aimed at you guys, it's aimed at the entry level consumer and it's aimed at a price point that Hobby shops want. Believe it or not this entry level segment of the industry is very strong, besides do you think we are just out to waste money on tooling? It wouldn't make sense.

Take a step back, look at the truck for what it is and who might be interested in buying it. I feel that we've done a good job with the looks of this truck trying to make it look like something you might see on the street...yes it's blingy, but how many lifted trucks to we see out there with tires going bald that have never seen dirt, there is probably more of those trucks out there than trucks like ours that we use for their real purpose.
I've tested the truck and even let my mom drive it LOL, the thing is pretty durable, she actually didn't break it and she had never driven an R/c car before and just as an example, while she was driving it, a guy in a truck stopped to check it out and asked about it, love the tires and wheels and how much, etc.

I love the rock crawling segment of R/C but to be dead honest as strong and opinated as people are on all R/C message boards, they are still only a drop in the bucket when it comes to the actual amount of consumers buying R/C cars, trucks, etc.

This is not to discredit your opinions here (I've learned a lot from this and other boards), but maybe you should take a look at what products are aimed at before you bash it, then again, maybe I'm just taking it personal.
Didn't mean to come across like I was bashing this release Rich. Just expressing my personal disapointment. Losi is a business and as such, it's goal is to make money. That's understandable.

That said, there is nothing particularly wrong w/ this release and there must be a market for it.

It's just odd (IMO) that Losi would choose to replicate the Stampede which has been around for such a long time and doesn't seem to be that popular anymore instead of producing a competitor for the Slash which seems to be blowing up in popularity.

Is the Pede still that popular? I was never a fan of the Pede, but I know Traxxas has sold a ton of them.

Good luck w/ the High Roller.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Losi has great vehicles and great drivers . And im not talking about there crawling ones right now. They are cool but off subject . They have one of the #1 nitro racers and I highly doubt they are out to loose money.

My first "real RC" was a Tamiya lunch box . Then a Losi JRX -2 . My friend started out with the Traxxas sledge hammer . Neither company will ever do R&D on a product then feel that its not fitting into a class AND release it .

I for one am not a fan of either the slash or this or even the desert truck. Do I feel that either of those companies have disappointed me ? NOPE . I do wish they would of dropped a 2.2 version of there crawler but that's neither here nor there.

Losi will always be around and always produce a quality product . Not the quality of X=Ray but I am a Losi fan and like that they bring us and the rest of the RC community great toys . Yes these are ALL toys and not one of them will ever be more then a toy.

Losi I salute you and hope to see more products from you .
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

That thing is cool! I really like the body. Looks way better then a stampede thats for sure. A couple of these just might end up under the X-mas tree.

Good job Losi.
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote