Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Revo to Slayer conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

sorry to hear about all the issues
I can't deal with nitro anymore myself, as I get older less patience and neighbors create a serious hassle with my landlord
william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #22
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by william g View Post
sorry to hear about all the issues
I can't deal with nitro anymore myself, as I get older less patience and neighbors create a serious hassle with my landlord
I wouldn't call them "issues"... they're more like "quirks". Every rig is different.

I may try to make some sway bars if I can figure out what I did with that music wire I bought a few months ago...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

the 3.3 chassis is kinda long for the body and the e-revo is even longer. Just mod the 2.5 chassis to hold a summit or e-revo trans and make new driveshafts. Did that to my slayer and a Mamba monster whoa man. on 3S its almost like a stock slash in high gear but put in my 5s and it just seems to not want to top out. Only real issue I have is gearing and killing spurs!!!!! Oh and BTW I took all the goodies from my race revo and swaped it over like the vantage chassis, ti-nitride shafts in jato shocks, ti-nitride rocker posts, aluminum screws, and what not. Not regretting selling my slash, other than the traction rolls.
rn38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #24
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn38 View Post
the 3.3 chassis is kinda long for the body and the e-revo is even longer. Just mod the 2.5 chassis to hold a summit or e-revo trans and make new driveshafts. Did that to my slayer and a Mamba monster whoa man. on 3S its almost like a stock slash in high gear but put in my 5s and it just seems to not want to top out. Only real issue I have is gearing and killing spurs!!!!! Oh and BTW I took all the goodies from my race revo and swaped it over like the vantage chassis, ti-nitride shafts in jato shocks, ti-nitride rocker posts, aluminum screws, and what not. Not regretting selling my slash, other than the traction rolls.

That does sound fun. The only thing I don't like about the Slash is the 2wd.

Still, I think I'm done with the "Slayervo". Once I run out of fuel, its getting disassembled, scrubbed down, and put up for sale. With two new Ax10's on thier way here, I'll probably need the cash anyway...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Cool, its more than half the fun just to build um anyway right. Thats kinda why I did mine that and just to piss off some of the locals.

hehehe

mike
rn38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

the revo 3.3 will have a longer wb and chassis than the slayer which is based on the revo 2.5..great way to use up old chassis on traxxasas part not a huge deal but the bodys might not match up with the longer chassis(3.3)..cool build, i might do this with my 2.5 revo bl conversion..oops i,m repeating info already given by rn38 ..my bad

Last edited by vonclod; 04-08-2009 at 02:00 AM.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote