Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Brushless Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

I have beat it through 4 charges now with no breakage.....and I strapped my GPS on it and max speed was 34.7 MPH on 2 6-cell nicad packs in high gear with an 18t pinion. when my 5 cell lipos show up I am hoping for 38-40 MPH which should be plenty fast for the way the truck handles at high speeds
Crawlin4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

dam man i just bought one and the second i turned it on the front diff wouldnt lock, i was like great just my luck i break it before i even get to play with it, but after about an hour of going over the wires i decided to take apart the servo and there was a single strand of wire that was touching the circut board so i cliped it and now after 2 runs of 2 6-cell 3600 mah packs ive never had so much fun with an RC and now after seeing this thread i think i might have to sell my savage and do a brushless conversion, sounds like yours are a blast to bash with
Tonelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Just a quick update....truck is holding up very well after the diff outdrive was replaced by traxxas, the 18.5 volt lipos I got were Hong Kong crap and it runs better on my 6 cell 4200mah duratrax batts than the cheap lipo's......the run time of the lipos is about 45 minutes so that is a plus but being 5 cell lipos they should run better than the 6 cell nimh but they don't, Someone told me lipos don't reach peak performance until they have been cycled a few times, I don't know if thats true or not so I will have to wait and see.

I took it to our local comp last sunday ( I didn't compete with it of course ) but everyone that ran it now wants one !
Crawlin4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

That somewhat true. What size lipo's did you get? My slayer with a summit trans and the MMM 2650 is crazy on my 5s1p. Its a 4000Mah 20C. On 3s1p its not much faster than a stock slash.
rn38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlin4fun View Post
Just a quick update....truck is holding up very well after the diff outdrive was replaced by traxxas, the 18.5 volt lipos I got were Hong Kong crap and it runs better on my 6 cell 4200mah duratrax batts than the cheap lipo's......the run time of the lipos is about 45 minutes so that is a plus but being 5 cell lipos they should run better than the 6 cell nimh but they don't, Someone told me lipos don't reach peak performance until they have been cycled a few times, I don't know if thats true or not so I will have to wait and see.

I took it to our local comp last sunday ( I didn't compete with it of course ) but everyone that ran it now wants one !
the batts should rocket that truck ..even new, i dont think cycling is the issue..what is the c rating on those batts my guess is if they are small enough to fit in the bat compartments they are probably a low c rating maybee 10c or so..i would run 20c+ packs, i run alot of big brushless stuff and they are amp hungry
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
the batts should rocket that truck ..even new, i dont think cycling is the issue..what is the c rating on those batts my guess is if they are small enough to fit in the bat compartments they are probably a low c rating maybee 10c or so..i would run 20c+ packs, i run alot of big brushless stuff and they are amp hungry

X2 on the Batts
rn38 is offline   Reply With Quote