EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Billet Works Designs Prototype Tricopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
How much is the kit going to be?
Airframe with hardware and pivot system should run around a typical chassis price.
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #43
JSN
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well, it beats the other things we could be doing with our time and money

That's what I keep telling her... Considering the avaibility of hookers and blow in the Las Vegas area I wonder how she would feel if I changed hobbies

Nice flying in the 2 vid... I've flown KK boards on tri's and Quads and know how hard it can be to make them look good KK's do make you work harder at the sticks. Since building my first MWC board(now I have 6) I have 2 KK's and a FY90Q just collecting dust... The only "ready to fly" board I still use is my Copter Control board.
JSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, the idea was to show how capable the rig is with the cheapest board out there...and at 15 bucks that v2.1 board is pretty cheap

I've got some Quadrinos sitting here waiting to be dropped in an airframe, one of which will be going on one of these rigs with some more powerful motors. That said, it actually flies very nice and smooth with the cheapo board...so much so that the pilot who had sworn off cheap boards ordered one, last night after flying for the vid, for his TR1. It's so docile it low power, it's honestly what I'd recommend anyone wanting to get into it for cheap, as it is so easy to learn on. In addition, it won't break the bank if you drive it into the ground. As can be seen in the round 2 video tho, she handles speed well too...and thats with only a combined 4 batteries flown through it by the pilot...for both videos...two the first vid and two the second one
Old 05-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #45

That is a great looking design and looks like it flys great also! When will these be up for sale?
Donuts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Thats badass Don!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
snail78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donuts1 View Post
That is a great looking design and looks like it flys great also! When will these be up for sale?
Thanks! I've already taken orders on a handful of them...from friends and dealers. That said, I expect to have it in the store next week perhaps.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #48
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
It be down for red/black...unless we could do BW green and black

I'm gonna need some motors from you to try out asap bud. Small 300ish power to stout 480 power. The lighter the rotating mass, the better for multi rotors. Gimme a call when you have a sec. Harley already got his on order
I don't see why not!

I'll do some research on the frame sizes we can make. About 1000kv for whatever size?
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #49

Quote:
Thanks! I've already taken orders on a handful of them...from friends and dealers. That said, I expect to have it in the store next week perhaps.
Awsome! Are you supplying the electronics? Checked it out on fb and really like the way it flies. I'd be very interested in one! Shoot me a price if ya get a chance. Thanks, Jonas
Old 05-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I don't see why not!

I'll do some research on the frame sizes we can make. About 1000kv for whatever size?
Yeah, 1,000-1,100 on the 400's, maybe 1,300-1,400 on the smaller ones. I'll be running 300 size 1380's on my proto small acros.

Quote:
Awsome! Are you supplying the electronics? Checked it out on fb and really like the way it flies. I'd be very interested in one! Shoot me a price if ya get a chance. Thanks, Jonas
Not sure what I'll be supplying so far in the way of electronics. I do have links for all of the items I have on this proto in post 27 tho. Thanks, shoot me an email and I'll put you on the list.

Don
Old 05-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #51

Quote:
Yeah, 1,000-1,100 on the 400's, maybe 1,300-1,400 on the smaller ones. I'll be running 300 size 1380's on my proto small acros.

Not sure what I'll be supplying so far in the way of electronics. I do have links for all of the items I have on this proto in post 27 tho. Thanks, shoot me an email and I'll put you on the list.

Don
Don't know how I missed that post....just got excited to watch the video i guess...lol! I'll read through it and shoot ya a pm....Thanks!
Won't let me send you a pm on here so shot ya one over on FB....Thanks!!!

Last edited by Donuts1; 05-22-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Pretty cool little rig man. Harley just told me about this today so I had to come check it out. It looks like it might be an awesome camera platform. I'm using a Trex 450 right now, but Id like something more suited to the job.
ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #53
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i know some of the aerial photography guys prefer lower kv motors and larger props for stability and wind fighting. so on the motors for the larger frames you might take that into consideration. i think they are under 1000kv. and obviously favoring effeciency rather than our usual torque.

man this is such a cool project. and i had no idea it would get such a following here on RCC.
i cant wait for someone to release a lexan or fiberglass osprey body, cause i REEEEALLy want to build a Bicopter.

just bad ass man. i cant wait for vid!!!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

An Osprey would be cool. If you've ever flown the Wolfspider on real flight you know how much of a handfull that pivoting rotor can be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
i know some of the aerial photography guys prefer lower kv motors and larger props for stability and wind fighting. so on the motors for the larger frames you might take that into consideration. i think they are under 1000kv. and obviously favoring effeciency rather than our usual torque.

man this is such a cool project. and i had no idea it would get such a following here on RCC.
i cant wait for someone to release a lexan or fiberglass osprey body, cause i REEEEALLy want to build a Bicopter.

ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Don't know how I missed that post....just got excited to watch the video i guess...lol! I'll read through it and shoot ya a pm....Thanks!
Won't let me send you a pm on here so shot ya one over on FB....Thanks!!!
No worries my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
Pretty cool little rig man. Harley just told me about this today so I had to come check it out. It looks like it might be an awesome camera platform. I'm using a Trex 450 right now, but Id like something more suited to the job.
Thanks bud. It depends on what you're wanting to mount up camera wise. This size works great with a go pro or similar, but you'd want the big brother for much more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post

This is true, especially for the guys running a real camera. I'm getting great response in different circles, but am glad to have some interest with my crawler friends. I've got something in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
An Osprey would be cool. If you've ever flown the Wolfspider on real flight you know how much of a handfull that pivoting rotor can be!
Eh, it's not too bad. The system I'm workin on uses my tail pivots for the lead rotors, which operate off of the flap knob. I'm not gonna say too much till I get it wrapped up and can post vid tho
Old 05-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #56
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Airframe with hardware and pivot system should run around a typical chassis price.
So about $100 than? Are they going into your store this week?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
So about $100 than? Are they going into your store this week?
In that ballpark...will be set in stone in the next few days. It may not make it into the store till next week.

For those of you who are new to flight, these can be flown on pretty much any arircraft 4 channel 2 stick radio. The control board does the mixing and the firmware (which can be changed to whatever type aircraft you have) will tell it how to mix everything. That said, nicer radios offer expo which is beneficial for newbies and experts alike.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Hey mate once I get my crawler gear sorted I might just grab one of these off you to.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

coolness brother
Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #60
JSN
Quarry Creeper

Don, have you set a size for the smaller frame yet? My current Tri's are right at 12 inches from the CG to motor shaft or 21 inches motor shaft to motor shaft. I'm looking for something in the 9 inch range measured from CG to motor shaft for my little aerobatic tri copter... this about what your thinking for the smaller version?

John
JSN is offline   Reply With Quote

Billet Works Designs Prototype Tricopter - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome to Billet Works Designs billet works Vendors Market 67 05-16-2012 11:53 PM
Store Wide Sale at Billet Works Designs...Save 20% on all products! Today only billet works Chit Chat 14 11-28-2011 08:52 PM
Billet Works Designs U-Dig...something new from my lab billet works Axial AX-10 Scorpion 162 03-22-2011 09:04 PM