Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Thunder Tiger MT4-G3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Thunder Tiger MT4-G3

Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 1:8 Electric Monster Truck Review « Big Squid RC

Just curious to see if anyone on here has experience with this truck. The reviews I have been reading make it sound like the best electric RC basher that money can buy. Can anyone provide some insight before I spend $500 on a truck I've never seen. I have never owned anything thunder tiger.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #2

This truck gets great reviews almost across the board. Squirrel reviewed it, Jang is reviewing it. Biggest problem I've heard is getting parts for it. If you're in the market for a fast basher monster truck, doesn't seem like you can go wrong. I don't own one personally, but been thinking about one. Just keep researching, maybe another site will give more feedback.
rcmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Thunder Tiger MT4-G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonkey View Post
This truck gets great reviews almost across the board. Squirrel reviewed it, Jang is reviewing it. Biggest problem I've heard is getting parts for it. If you're in the market for a fast basher monster truck, doesn't seem like you can go wrong. I don't own one personally, but been thinking about one. Just keep researching, maybe another site will give more feedback.
Yeah right now I'm about 99% sure I'm gonna pick one up from tower when a good coupon comes along
Old 11-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

A friend's brother has one on 4s with a big brushless and all he has busted is the stock hinge pins in the front end. He has since swapped in an upgraded version and has had no issues. I almost feel bad for the beating that truck sustains every time out but it holds up beautifully.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
A friend's brother has one on 4s with a big brushless and all he has busted is the stock hinge pins in the front end. He has since swapped in an upgraded version and has had no issues. I almost feel bad for the beating that truck sustains every time out but it holds up beautifully.
From what I've read upgrading those hinge pins and building a simple chassis brace is all you need to make this thing damn near indestructible
Old 11-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I have a Thunder Tiger Sparrow Hawk onroad car. Its tough as all hell. The stock diffs hold up to 6s lipo.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I have two Thunder tigers (had three) and they have been almost bullet proof. You can't go wrong with picking one up since they are durable. The only upgrade you will need is a chassis brace to for big jumps to keep your shock towers and chassis from bending.

E-ST1 (Basically a Nitro version of the MT-4 with the Brushless kit) -> build thread [ wt ] wondertiger.com - View topic - New member joining the ST-1 BL crew

w/ Summit body

EB/MT-4 (Basically a EB4 with MT4 parts which makes it a short chassis MT-4) -> build thread [ wt ] wondertiger.com - View topic - My EBMT4 Build

Here's my truck blowing up the IPANEMA monster slicks after a speed run

d1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonkey View Post
You can find all the parts you need from towerhobbies. If you can't find the part, search for ST-1 (nitro version) since they share every part except for the chassis. It also shares some parts from the EB4-G3 and S3, not sure why tower doesn't update the parts compatibility.

Thunder tiger owns Team Associated so it also shares the same parts such as the diffs (front, center, and rear) from my SC8.2E
d1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Those are some great looking thunder tigers! I just joined the wonder tiger forum a few days ago

Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thunder Tiger crawler 4XADICT General Crawlers 16 06-07-2012 07:38 AM
Thunder Tiger 1/18 Crawler Skeeno General Crawlers 5 02-17-2011 08:58 PM
thunder tiger mini titan ah-1w ROLANDROCKSHOP Non Crawler RC's 0 03-29-2010 01:17 PM
Thunder Tiger Build IHCrawler Newbie General 0 07-27-2006 11:04 PM
Thunder Tiger Silver Fox mt_power Chit Chat 7 06-28-2006 12:18 PM