Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Mini Mini Roadster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Mini Mini Roadster

First on road build for me... I decided to replicate my Mini Cooper S Roadster. Here is my Roadster:

Started with a Tamiya M05 Mini JCW Coupe kit. I first built the chassis, then re-arranged it a bit by making a delrin servo mount to relocate the steering servo to the front to gain some extra room in the center for more interior. I then replaced the original 1.5 stock wheels with some RC4WD 1.9's. I just put some tires on I had laying around but didn't glue them so I can change them later. I built a quick styrene tray to put some velcro on to mount the body and to help keep dirt/dust off the electronics.

So far for the body I cut off the coupe roof, extended the trunk lid, got rid of rear body posts, made the new waistline trim, sanded some bumps off the hood and trunk, and glued in the "floor" which has the velcro to mount the body.

makaveliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Mini Mini Roadster

I got a Tamiya 2006 Mini Cooper S body set to scavenge the bumpers. While it says 2006, it's actually the 2007. The 2006 was the gen 1 of the new minis, and 2007 started the new and current body style which Tamiya modeled the 2006 after it appears.

So I trimmed this new body, then cut out the parts I needed which included the side skirts, front/rear bumpers, and hood scoop.

I then cut the corresponding JCW parts off the body I am using and spliced in the S parts using shoe goo and styrene.

Removed JCW parts that will be sliced onto the 2006 Mini hardtop body.

And now the JCW has been converted to an S.

I also got the retracted roof made and the rear interior wall that the roll bars mount to. Still needs sanding, but the basic bits are there.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
RCC Addict

This is going to be a sweet little ride when you finish it up. Whats your plans for the interior.
old man 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks. Plans are to build it from styrene as accurately as I can down as low as I can go. It will be tricky as the interiors have very many little pieces and curves so may take a while.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Well keep us posted.
old man 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Here is the interior. This picture was from when I first bought the car so you'll notice it has a bit more chrome and original wheels.

Mini Mini Roadster - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Mini LST2, Traxxas Mini Slash, or Mini revo. CrawlinMike Non Crawler RC's 10 07-14-2009 06:53 PM