Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Vortex 250 Pro - RC Flyers Club

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016, 09:14 AM   #1

Cool Vortex 250 Pro - RC Flyers Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d3uiqznl8

Got to go flying at the Hinton RC flyers. Brought my Vortex along to film some of the large scale airplanes flying in the air. Also had my own fun flying around doing flips and racing through the bush. It was very nice out and very calm. The sun made it difficult for the pilots flying LOS (Line of Sight) and it was very hard to see through my quad copters camera when I was looking at the sun. It was a great day of flying for everyone including me because I only crashed once and I normally pile drive my Vortex into concrete or a tree every pack. I only did that once this day and landed successfully after draining the other 3 packs! I would have gotten closer to the planes while I was filming them but I didn't want to be that guy who takes out someone else pride and joy from the sky so I kept my distance. The white plane at the end of the video was made entirely from stuff bought from the hardware store. The fuselage or main body of the plain was made from a rain water gutter. You'll have to watch until the end of the video to see if it crashed or flew. There were many other planes that I never got a chance to film. My friend Dustin brought his plane and had the prop break in two mid air, he managed to successfully pull off an emergency landing. In this video I also do an altitude test and manage to make it 728m straight up from my launch location, I did it just to get a shot of the incredible view, I won't do it again however because I don't want to risk loosing my quad copter if something went wrong and drone laws are starting to put a height restriction on how high up you can go also. Two reasons I will not be doing it again. Next time I am back out at RC flyers I will get some much better footage of some of the other aircraft. I am off to the city tomorrow for my two month automotive service technician technical training course so hopefully I am able to get some footage of me trailing with ST-RC again and if I bring my quad copter I hope to get some footage of me racing through one of the car parks there.
RcCrawlerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Vortex 250 Pro - RC Flyers Club

Put some FPV equipment in there and get some goggles too. Then the real fun starts.
triggerhapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:11 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Vortex 250 Pro - RC Flyers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcCrawlerKing View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d3uiqznl8

It was very nice out and very calm. The sun made it difficult for the pilots flying LOS (Line of Sight) and it was very hard to see through my quad copters camera when I was looking at the sun.
Um, he was flying FPV. Lol
Theibault is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fatshark, fpv, freestyle, planes, vortex 250 pro

Vortex 250 Pro - RC Flyers Club - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PRO-Line F-250 with Honcho Flatbed Needboost Axial SCX-10 30 04-21-2013 07:03 PM
3300kv Redcad Vortex pro trophy truck chongdigga Non Crawler RC's 5 04-05-2010 05:48 PM
New Pro Line 2008 Ford F-250 Body RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-06-2007 06:46 PM