Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: The Story of the Slash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default The Story of the Slash

I picked up a Traxxas Slash2wd from a friend who races... I got screaming deal on the roller paying only $100 for a lcg chassis and premount Proline tires. Rpm upgrades, plus all the stock parts incuded. He went AE, lol. This was exactly what I was after, as my Nephew has a stock brushed slash, and I wanted something to bash around my parents yard with him.

I picked up a Proline Bronco body and slapped some silver paint on it...

lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The Story of the Slash

Last week after seeing my nephew,I managed to get some electronics in it and Sunday, we got to play...

Mine is running a Axial 27t motor, 20/87 gearing and 3s in a Hobbywing 1080 esc with a Traxxas 2075 servo.

His is a bone stock brushed Slash rtr on 2s, and they just happen to be exactly the same speed in a straight line.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:04 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

This makes me happy. You guys tear it up out there together.
LincolnofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:31 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I REALLY dislike Ford...but, I have to admit, I like that Bronco body a lot more than the stock Slash body.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnofDeath View Post
This makes me happy. You guys tear it up out there together.
Yes sir! It thrills me that we can have so much fun together. My nephews stepdad commented to me, Why don't we do this more often." After handing back my controller to me, and running a battery to cut off in my truck. I might have another convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I REALLY dislike Ford...but, I have to admit, I like that Bronco body a lot more than the stock Slash body.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Thank you Panther... Fords rule, and all others drool! LOL.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:48 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I went to run my Bronco today, on a beautiful 41* day, and dead servo!

Oh well, I got 2 runs out of the Traxxas 2076 servo, before it died.

Dropped in a Hitec 5645 I had in my spares bin and ran her on the track my dad and I dug in his back yard. 2 full packs and I am thrilled. Not super fast, but fun for the short track we put together.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:52 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post

Agree that's a good looking car coming and going
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:36 PM   #8

The Bronco body is bad ass! It's awesome to get others involved in RC, especially kids.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:13 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
Agree that's a good looking car coming and going
Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The Bronco body is bad ass! It's awesome to get others involved in RC, especially kids.
Thank you gentlemen...

It is awesome to get my nephew going, hoping to get his stepdad going too...

My dad took the controller and ran a lap around the track, for the first time ever! Hes an old dirtbike guy and the moto style track is really making him itch, lol.

I ran a 0:11.48 lap and the Nephew ran a 0:11.36... We were passing the transmitter today and had a grand time.

Pictures!

After our run, we expanded the track by 20 Ft. From 20'x30' to 20'x50'...

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 02-13-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:04 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Sweet track, too cool that you've got multi-generational family competition going on out there!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:15 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Sweet track, too cool that you've got multi-generational family competition going on out there!
Agreed!

Even if my dad never grabs a controller again, We will have fantastic fun, and full support from both my parents with the track. My mom wants to put a Start/Finish banner over the Main jump.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
I picked up a Traxxas Slash2wd from a friend who races... I got screaming deal on the roller paying only $100 for a lcg chassis and premount Proline tires. Rpm upgrades, plus all the stock parts incuded. He went AE, lol. This was exactly what I was after, as my Nephew has a stock brushed slash, and I wanted something to bash around my parents yard with him.

I picked up a Proline Bronco body and slapped some silver paint on it...

Looks great, and the body is killer! I have the OJ simpson edition
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:20 AM   #13

I'm absolutely jealous of where you or your parents live! You look like you're in the middle of nowhere with freedom to do stuff and free of the housing developments ruining this area. I dream of this. I want to live in a place where I can get out my quad and ride.

Awesome little track! I'd love to give it a shot if you were my neighbor. LOL Your nephew has the crown. Time to take it back!

The OJ getaway vehicle...that's funny!
Old 03-12-2020, 12:43 PM   #14

Quote:
I'm absolutely jealous of where you or your parents live! You look like you're in the middle of nowhere with freedom to do stuff and free of the housing developments ruining this area. I dream of this. I want to live in a place where I can get out my quad and ride.

Awesome little track! I'd love to give it a shot if you were my neighbor. LOL Your nephew has the crown. Time to take it back!

You just described most of PA. Figure out how much of a commute you're willing to tolerate, then draw an appropriate circle around your employer's position on a map and start searching for the lower density areas. I can't imagine you'd have to go far from where you're at now to get what you're after unless you're in downtown Philly.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
You just described most of PA. Figure out how much of a commute you're willing to tolerate, then draw an appropriate circle around your employer's position on a map and start searching for the lower density areas. I can't imagine you'd have to go far from where you're at now to get what you're after unless you're in downtown Philly.
I'm an hour northwest of Philly. I used to live in a small town. Allentown, Philly and Reading are closing in. Hell even New Yorkers and New Jersyans that work in Philly have moved here for cheaper housing. My neighbor used to be a farm. It's now a massive housing development of cheaply built, but expensive houses from Ryan Homes and some other developer. If I went an hour in any direction I'd still have pretty much the same. I'd have to up and move to have what I want, but that's hard with a nephew, my grandmother who is my only living grandparent, and all my family. My mom is one of 10 children and almost all of them have two kids and now one to three grandkids.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

where did they film "signs"? that was kinda nowhere... i bought a 240sx from somebody that lived out there. buck's county! seemed nice and quiet to me. TONS of open land.

anyway back to the slash... RAD! i have been wanting one more and more recently. got the kyosho outlaw pro and i haven't even driven it yet and already thinking it might be a little too slow even for "scale" bashing/racing.
VERY COOL BACKYARD TRACK!!!!
back when i lived in oceanside in my youth, my neighbor was in the corner of a culdesac with one of the biggest backyards in the whole development. his parents were down with it and we made a track, we ran our blackfoot, traxxas eagle, and rc10t on it! they even had a "treeless tree house" we used as a driver stand!
ahhhh the good ol days...
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
where did they film "signs"? that was kinda nowhere... i bought a 240sx from somebody that lived out there. buck's county! seemed nice and quiet to me. TONS of open land.

anyway back to the slash... RAD! i have been wanting one more and more recently. got the kyosho outlaw pro and i haven't even driven it yet and already thinking it might be a little too slow even for "scale" bashing/racing.
VERY COOL BACKYARD TRACK!!!!
back when i lived in oceanside in my youth, my neighbor was in the corner of a culdesac with one of the biggest backyards in the whole development. his parents were down with it and we made a track, we ran our blackfoot, traxxas eagle, and rc10t on it! they even had a "treeless tree house" we used as a driver stand!
ahhhh the good ol days...
No idea where Signs was filmed. My dad lives in Bucks County. His house is about 30 minutes from mine. It's also not much different from here. You can buy tons of land, but only if you are a millionaire.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:07 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Note: the first few pics were at my old house I rented. Big Sky country, MT. Was on 20 acres the was near enough to blm land that I coud toss my Fpv glider up and fly to it.

Current Pics are in Canyon County ID. Caldwell. My parents bought a house on 1.25 acres, and I am currently parked on their side yard with my wife and 3 dogs.

My Nephew does have the Crown!

As far as the track, I built the track for the speed of the truck. Straights long enough just to top out @speed, and the jumps are only 8" high or so.

I suspect your outlaw will be quick enough Shinchu. My Slash is terribly slow out in the open back yard , but on the track, an absolute blast. My Losi Baja Rey is literally 2x faster on 2s than my slash on 3s.

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 03-15-2020 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:28 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Having issues with electronics in the Slash yesterday...

Every jump, and the esc would shut off! Arghhhhhh No obvious loose wires.

I think I am going to clip the power switch off the 1080 and solder the wires together.... One thing that does bother me is the signal wire on the switch.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:49 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Having issues with electronics in the Slash yesterday...

Every jump, and the esc would shut off! Arghhhhhh No obvious loose wires.

I think I am going to clip the power switch off the 1080 and solder the wires together.... One thing that does bother me is the signal wire on the switch.
It could be a loose soldered connection. If it's not that it's probably a loose connection inside the ESC.

The Story of the Slash - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here is my story shizzz Axial AX-10 Scorpion 95 01-23-2012 10:57 AM
Here's my story.... KrazyKrawler48 General Crawlers 7 12-08-2010 04:24 PM
My almost JK story :) monstertruck General Scale Talk 19 05-01-2009 01:28 AM
Old story rohmmi Chit Chat 5 12-08-2008 01:34 AM