Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Any South or North Carolina people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 07:26 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Planning on going back to the Bull Hole this weekend. Probably Saturday. Anyone interested?
scruff007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2006, 08:39 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff007
Planning on going back to the Bull Hole this weekend. Probably Saturday. Anyone interested?
I will go if it isnt pouring rain. I had heard that they are calling for rain both days this weekend though. you planning for noon-ish again?
Tonsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Not sure. Me and my nephew are going to ride to Brandos house to check out his work and I'm buying a few batt. packs from him. If it's raining in the morning, we'll try probabaly go brandos first or visa versa. Just going to watch the weather.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:41 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

I watched the weather last night. They said showers friday night ending early Saturday morning. Then clearing out Saturday afternoon. Sounds like the afternoon will be breezy though.
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:23 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

in that case, i will probably show up there around lunch time again. may just pack a lunch and be goofing off on the rocks if no one else is there when i arrive.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:09 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Did anyone get any crawlin in yesterday. Sounds like if you tried you might have got wet.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:22 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

I went out there with my nephew ans bossman. It was wet at first but before we left, the sun came out and dried it up. My boss had to show us up and drive up the water fall near the far edge of the damn. About six inches tall. Soked his servos. No problems but I didn't try it. Would have been better with more people. We'll go back soon. Tried to call you around 4:00 and got no answer Brando. Still would like to check out your work but don't know when I will get a chance to get out there again. Could I get you to ship the batts. to me? I meant to ask you how long it's been since they've been used? Do they still hold a good charge as far as you know? Thanks. How'd the interview go?
Old 02-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #48
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandO
Did anyone get any crawlin in yesterday. Sounds like if you tried you might have got wet.
A few of us were there at noon and about 10min after we got to the bottom of the hill, the bottom fell out and we got pretty wet. I was trying to use the new radio and i just couldn't control the truck using a stick radio, so i went ahead and went home. Boxed up the new radio and took it back. Bought a Futaba 3PK in it's place and spent the evening trying to get everything set up like i wanted it. Now I am going to be eating Raimen for a couple weeks recovering from the price of the radio LOL.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonsa
A few of us were there at noon and about 10min after we got to the bottom of the hill, the bottom fell out and we got pretty wet. I was trying to use the new radio and i just couldn't control the truck using a stick radio, so i went ahead and went home. Boxed up the new radio and took it back. Bought a Futaba 3PK in it's place and spent the evening trying to get everything set up like i wanted it. Now I am going to be eating Raimen for a couple weeks recovering from the price of the radio LOL.
When the sky opened up at my house I was thinking about you guys. I was wondering if anyone got stuck in the rain.

I used a 3PK when I used to race. It was one of my favorite radios. Guess I should have kept it. How does it work with the 4 wheel steering?
Old 02-05-2006, 02:31 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff007
I went out there with my nephew ans bossman. It was wet at first but before we left, the sun came out and dried it up. My boss had to show us up and drive up the water fall near the far edge of the damn. About six inches tall. Soked his servos. No problems but I didn't try it. Would have been better with more people. We'll go back soon. Tried to call you around 4:00 and got no answer Brando. Still would like to check out your work but don't know when I will get a chance to get out there again. Could I get you to ship the batts. to me? I meant to ask you how long it's been since they've been used? Do they still hold a good charge as far as you know? Thanks. How'd the interview go?
I heard the phone ring. But I was in the middle of brazing something. You should have left a message. I would have called you right back.

I can mail you your stuff. The batteries have not been used since I moved. About 6 months. But they have been stored properly and should be fine. They only have a few cycles in them. They are like brand new. You won't be disappointed in them. Did you get a peak charger yet?
Old 02-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandO
I used a 3PK when I used to race. It was one of my favorite radios. Guess I should have kept it. How does it work with the 4 wheel steering?
Im really happy with it. Spent a good bit of time today running the truck around. I set the radio up with standard front steering and then set Mix1 to opposing steering with switch 1 to turn that on and off and then Mix 2 is set for crab steer with switch 2 turning it on and off. Switch 3 is unassigned at the moment but if it were a 3 position switch, i would assign it to 3rd channel for rear only steer. I like the fact that both modes of 4 wheel steering are porportional now. I used the adapter to move the wheel down and forward and rotated the wheel mount clockwise to make switch 1 easy to punch with my thumb and that also puts my hand in an easy position to hit switch 2 with middle finger of the hand gripping radio. So far i really like the radio but im sure i will adapt it to Spektrum some day in the future. I like the tiny antennae on the spektrum reciever and once it has your tube chassis on it, I am even more sure that i dont want a long antennae showing. If I had more money than i knew what to do with, I would have just bought the Sensor radio to start with http://www.nomadio.net/ and had dss from it but i think this will do fine, and with 10 model memory, if I ever increase the number of crawlers I own, I won't have to buy another radio...just recievers.

Last edited by Tonsa; 02-05-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Haven't got the charger yet. Would it hurt if I used my Hobbico a few times on them? Should have left a message but I figured since I was on my way back when I called that I'd be half way home when you called. Going to watch the SB at a friends right now. I'll PM you my address.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #53

Default some body helpme

I am in vale nc looking for some rockcrawlers to have some fun
traderman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #54

Default some body helpme

Iam in vale looking for some rockcrawlers to have some fun
traderman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Hopefully this will help.
http://www.ncrccrawlers.com/forum/index.php
Rockshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #56
Rock Stacker

im here in wilmington
dirtymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:55 AM   #57

Winston Salem, NC....
PestControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:14 AM   #58

I'm in Archdale and there are several more of us in the piedmont area.

Check out the site.

http://www.ncrccrawlers.com/
Lankford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Default Highlands,North Carolina

I live in Highlands....and by damn there are rocks every freakin where around here
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymike View Post
im here in wilmington
i live near wilmington myself.
hotrodsonoma is offline   Reply With Quote