Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: North Carolina Get-together

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default North Carolina Get-together

I will be heading to the Bullhole this Saturday. Probably around noon. Going to have to try out the new chassis and get some R&R to forget the work week. Show up if you can. Send a PM if you havent been there before and need directions.
Tonsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I asked the boss if I could knock off early today since it is Friday. I need some time to work on my own junk. He actually said yes. He is usually a dick head and makes me work late.

I should be able to go tomorrow. I was just looking at the weather. It said partly cloudy in the morning then rain in the afternoon. We might want to shoot for a little earlier like 11:00. I will have to head out around 2:30 anyways. We are having some friends over for dinner.

Anyone else gonna come out and play?
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #3

Default Nc

What part of NC are you talking about?
MomentuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Mocksville is where the bullhole is.
scruff007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Looks like I won't be able to make it. Maybe we can all get together in a couple weeks. I should have my crap together by then. Let us know how that new hotrod goes Brian.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:43 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I'm going to try to go but not yet sure what is going on. Brian I heard about your new chassis can't wait to see it.
HaPtOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Nother north carolina boy here looking for some fun, where abouts is bull hole from raleigh?
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:19 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

should read further into things, Mocksville, gotit
Old 02-24-2006, 08:53 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Since I can't go tomorrow I am going to plan on going in two weeks. I know Brian can't make it on the 4th. He said he is on call that weekend. So I am shooting for the 11th. If anyone wants to join me That will be cool. My TXT went under the knife today. Or should I say the Dremel. I hope to have it done for the 11th.

Have fun tomorrow boys. Brian don't scratch that pretty yellow paint.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:51 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvydty1
Nother north carolina boy here looking for some fun, where abouts is bull hole from raleigh?
Would be quite a haul from Raleigh. The Bullhole is in the small town of Cooleemee which is between Mocksville and Salisbury
Old 02-25-2006, 07:58 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandO
Since I can't go tomorrow I am going to plan on going in two weeks. I hope to have it done for the 11th.

Have fun tomorrow boys. Brian don't scratch that pretty yellow paint.
I will be plenty ready to go back on the 11th. I will need more fun time by then after being on call for a week. Since that is a 2 week advance notice, I hope a lot of the NC guys can turn out that weekend and hope the weather cooperates.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

get me some details how to get there and I'll give it a go. drivings no problem. give the juggster a workout.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvydty1
get me some details how to get there and I'll give it a go. drivings no problem. give the juggster a workout.
Sounds good, Tonsa is the best guy to ask for directions. He lives not to far from the Bullhole. Send him a PM. he will point ya'll in the right direction. Hope I can remember how to get there.:?

My buddy Tony may come along on the 11th. He came over and checked out my crawlers this afternoon. He said he wants to check it out. Looks like I will have to put this pile of parts together and build a truck for him. With all my spare time 2 weeks shouldn't be a problem.

So who made it out today? How did that new chassis work Brian?
Old 02-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

As an alternative to R/C crawlers on the 11th, I would like to offer up an invitation to another event. It is at the "Devils Playground", a off-road area run by a 1:1 rockcrawling group called the Muddevils. They normally have open invites for people to come check it out for free, but this time it will be $10 per person. It is all going to a guy in their group that was diagnosed with cancer, so it is to a good cause. There are TONS of rock gardens, and some HUGE rocks for the 1:1 trucks to play on. There is enough space for the R/C guys to find a spot to crawl without interfering with the big trucks, but still be able to SEE the 1:1's do their stuff. I can almost gurantee there will be many rollovers, and PLENTY of excitement. The Muddevils are well know for their high $$$$ tube buggies, many with V8's and VERY large tires. There will be a $5 per ticket raffle for a 90' 4-runner, as well as MANY door prizes.

I am going, and I will be taking my 1:1 crawler, as well as my TLT.

Hope to see some of you there.
Tacoma747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:46 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandO
. So who made it out today? How did that new chassis work Brian?
Still not sure how the chassis works. I got to the bullhole and walked out on the rocks, hit the switch and had no power to the speed control and no rear steering. My Son broke a shock on his 1/6 Nylint about 10min into his playing. Niether of us had a very good day. I got pretty fed up and will see what is wrong with my truck later today or tomorrow. Im thinking that it may be a bad reciever since the rear steering is affected also.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:49 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonsa
Still not sure how the chassis works. I got to the bullhole and walked out on the rocks, hit the switch and had no power to the speed control and no rear steering. My Son broke a shock on his 1/6 Nylint about 10min into his playing. Niether of us had a very good day. I got pretty fed up and will see what is wrong with my truck later today or tomorrow. Im thinking that it may be a bad reciever since the rear steering is affected also.
Wow, that sure sucks. Maybe something is just hooked up wrong. I am trying real hard to get my TXT ready for the 11th. I am short a few parts. I also ordered a SW2 from Bender. I have all the other parts needed to put a TLT together. But it sounds like I won't have the chassis from Bender for a couple weeks. I want a second truck ready for my buddy to use. I know he will be hooked once he tries crawling. He is a nitro guy we need to convert.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

[QUOTE=BrandO]Wow, that sure sucks. Maybe something is just hooked up wrong.[QUOTE]

I dont think anything is hooked up wrong. I forgot to add that it ran the night before in the living room floor. I really like the new battery pack...was pulling wheelies in the floor that night LOL
Old 02-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=Tonsa][QUOTE=BrandO]Wow, that sure sucks. Maybe something is just hooked up wrong.
Quote:

I dont think anything is hooked up wrong. I forgot to add that it ran the night before in the living room floor. I really like the new battery pack...was pulling wheelies in the floor that night LOL
Thats weird, test it the night before then the next day it is dead.

Wheelies huh, even with those big tires. I told you there is a difference from a stick pack. That big rig should have plenty of yank now. When I get a few minutes I can make you up a spare pack. I have some older cells but they should still work good for ya.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Who else is going to come on the 11th? It would be nice to get a big group to go. If you have not been to the Bullhole let Tonsa Know. He can give anyone directions.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Talking

Ooo,Ooo pick me, pick me I want to go. Naw I'll be there hopefully with Moabs on. more important what time
HaPtOAD is offline   Reply With Quote