Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Richmond Hill Frisbee Park (Asheville)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Richmond Hill Frisbee Park (Asheville)

This is one place i tend to go alot, Im just a mile away so makes it easy. Has alot of great spots for all different types of driving. wish i had some more pics. there's a huge rock pile to crawl on and of course trails all the way to the french that have plenty of mudding areas too. Plenty of paved parking, with water and restrooms makes for a great day.

Also like Lake Julian for some heavy crawling
Cr4wl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #2

Default Re: Richmond Hill Frisbee Park (Asheville)

We should get the ARC guys together and do some crawling there, its not too far from me either, and a good central location for a get-together.
Yardracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #3

Just spent a couple of hours exploring the trails at richmond hill today with my cc01 trail rig. Had a good time and its very close to home. Anybody else still go here?? Any favorite spots that i missed since i barely saw any of it??
stangsteeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Been a while since a few of use have been there. my wife and I and a buddy live just 5 mins from it off different spots on bingham rd and a fellow from fairview would make the trip for sure.

Its got alot of straight up trailing. The its a little hard to describe but if you work your way to the back of the park from the far left trail, its the fun spot. Water creek with rock crossing, the big rock ledge, few little hill climbs with a massive gravel climb in the back leading up to the railroad tracks. There's another spot just a seconds hike from the parking lot but it sits right at one of the goals so you have to be cautious of frisbee players, but its a crazy hill with all sorts of lines up it and rocks at the bottom. as you come into the parking lot look to your right and up the big hill towards the back of the tree line it sits in the woods a bit. There is all sorts of dirt hill climbs just down the right into the gully. Down in the gully take a left and it will lead to a big stone line and a mud pit behind it.

We were just out at Fairview (Fairview Scale Trails) today, he has a large course set in his front yard. Should be heading back there in a week or so too.

Last edited by Cr4wl3r; 11-15-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

We have a big group on facebook you should check out, we usually meet up at least once a month

Carolina Scale Crawlers
Old 11-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr4wl3r View Post
Been a while since a few of use have been there. my wife and I and a buddy live just 5 mins from it off different spots on bingham rd and a fellow from fairview would make the trip for sure.

Its got alot of straight up trailing. The its a little hard to describe but if you work your way to the back of the park from the far left trail, its the fun spot. Water creek with rock crossing, the big rock ledge, few little hill climbs with a massive gravel climb in the back leading up to the railroad tracks. There's another spot just a seconds hike from the parking lot but it sits right at one of the goals so you have to be cautious of frisbee players, but its a crazy hill with all sorts of lines up it and rocks at the bottom. as you come into the parking lot look to your right and up the big hill towards the back of the tree line it sits in the woods a bit. There is all sorts of dirt hill climbs just down the right into the gully. Down in the gully take a left and it will lead to a big stone line and a mud pit behind it.

We were just out at Fairview (Fairview Scale Trails) today, he has a large course set in his front yard. Should be heading back there in a week or so too.
Are y'all doing another Fairview crawl? If so keep us posted here, I'd be interested in it. I don't have Facebook so I get all my crawling info here.
The Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #7

Thanks for the info. guys. Just joined the facebook groups and look forward to meeting some of you in the future. Someone please give more details on the Fairview location, I have spent many years in that area.

Another spot I have been enjoying with the Axial and CC01 have been the huge rock hill paradise behind Kohls by the Walmart on Bleachery Blvd. Don't know if you guys have discovered that or not.

Wish there was more new activity in Asheville for finding all our awesome crawling spots.

Last edited by stangsteeda; 11-16-2015 at 07:54 PM.
stangsteeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

This was the last Comp we threw There. Brett Zachery owns the place and is changing things quite often to keep it interesting. It takes a good 35-45 mins to run the full course. Just get in touch with him on facebook, more than likely he'd let you come check it out one evening. We just were there running it and talking about a night run sometime in the week or so

Richmond Hill Frisbee Park (Asheville) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goat Hill RC offroad Park Jasper105 Videos! 1 09-22-2013 07:46 PM
Bryan park (Richmond) ROWDY RACING Virginia 8 01-28-2011 05:45 PM
Falcon Hill Park @ 7am this Saturday 9/27 jeepman128 Arizona 3 09-28-2008 11:12 PM
Forest hill park Scooteracing Virginia 5 04-19-2008 06:30 PM
small vids @ hill park kcmudbug Videos! 4 05-26-2007 11:56 AM