Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: Interested in a Comp in East Grand Forks, MN??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 06:46 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Hey Jason, Knoc (Andy) on RCC is from St. Cloud he operates a RC site called RC Fanatics and has a custom RC Body painting business. He's a crawler guy if anyone knows that area I bet it's him. Norm
Knocs from St. Cloud? He contacted me about painting a body but I haven't been able to contact him back. he has disabled his PMs.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #22

Sorry i didn't make it out Sunday- Was out of town all weekend and got in too late to swing by. The spot is about 2 miles south of Orton's gas station in east grand. Basically take the point bridge from grand forks to east grand. Take a right and the road youare on is Bygland road. Go down Bygland about 1/4 mile from the bridge and Orton's station is on the right. Keep going about 2 miles till you get to a bridge over a new diversion. Off to the left down in the diversion ditch is a series of concrete dams with large stones in front of them. Under that bridge is a bunch of smaller stones too. If you take the first dirt road to the left just before the bridge, you can drive in closer to the area with the big stones. The diversion is on public land but the small dirt road goes to a farmstead so keep the area clean and neat so you can come back and use it often.
Enjoy!

Later- Bob
trikvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikvik View Post
Sorry i didn't make it out Sunday- Was out of town all weekend and got in too late to swing by. The spot is about 2 miles south of Orton's gas station in east grand. Basically take the point bridge from grand forks to east grand. Take a right and the road youare on is Bygland road. Go down Bygland about 1/4 mile from the bridge and Orton's station is on the right. Keep going about 2 miles till you get to a bridge over a new diversion. Off to the left down in the diversion ditch is a series of concrete dams with large stones in front of them. Under that bridge is a bunch of smaller stones too. If you take the first dirt road to the left just before the bridge, you can drive in closer to the area with the big stones. The diversion is on public land but the small dirt road goes to a farmstead so keep the area clean and neat so you can come back and use it often.
Enjoy!

Later- Bob
thanks a lot man I've been itching for a new spot to crawl.

especially one without five kids asking to drive my rigs

I will definitely keep clean when I am there
Old 08-26-2008, 05:59 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Well that's unfreindly of him I'll see if I can raise him from the dead.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Very cool, I am headin out Crawlin with a friend this Morning. Will now head over to check out this Location.

And Get some pics in the process.........

Hopefully will get the PICS posted yet today as well, but we'll see how things go.
Jam1sstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Ok, went out and CRAWLED this Spot today.......NICE potential and quite fun for the size of the rocks.....

Here is a Wide PIC of the LOWER DAM area....We didn't cralw here but did walk through it. Nothin But HUGE rocks.....Probably same potential as upper area by middle of Flow area.

Ok here is a WIDE pic of the UPER DAM area...We did crawl this and had a lot of fun in the process.....Rocks on West side (right in PIC) are HUGE, but layed out nice for progressing from Right side (in PIC) to DAM side across the Rocks and back...TONS of possible LINES... And I will DEF be going back here again.

This is A recommended area for you all to check out if you get the time......We had a lot of fun....

VERY easy to find as well.....When heading SOUTH on BYGLAND.....You'll go past the Schools on the LEFT, and it is the next bridge after that...The entrance is Just before the bridge as was stated, You turn to the LEFT followed by an immediate RIGHT to get onto the narrow road. It winds its way right up to either Location.....

Last edited by Jam1sstang; 08-26-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:

Yeah I new there were a couple of guys in St.Cloud but they had kinda disappeared. I'm gonn look into the old granite pits along I94 and see what I can find out about them.

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
I have contacted Knoc, thanks anyway Stormin

Awesome job on the pics Jam1sstang, us GF guys definitely need to meet up out there next sunday instead of demers bridge

Last edited by 701 Technique; 08-26-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #29

Default Good crawling spot in EGF

Yeah that spot looked challenging but fun. the smaller rocks directly under the bridge would be good for smaller rigs or scale ones too. The bridge offers protection from rain if that happens while out there. Since it is 1/2 mile from my house I should be able to sneak over to check it out on Sunday.
Bob
trikvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:12 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I am planning on heading out to the BYGLAND location this SUNDAY Afternoon/Evening with a friend.

If more of you are planning on heading out let me know......

I will bring with my Gate markers for having some fun running some lines and such..

If you want Drop me a E-Mail message and Let me know.
Customcrawlerz@aol.com

Or if you rather drop me a line

218-230-5001 -- Jeff
Leave me a message if I don't answer.

Later,
Jam1sstang / Jeff
Old 08-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #31
RCC Addict

I am thinking about headin out there today. Jim, you around today?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:19 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

No playtime for me today. Families in town and I got a bunch of tube work to do on the trail rig. It's gonna be pushing it to get it done by the 20th. I got a LOT of tube work to do. I need to have a trail rig to winch all those silly Toyotas out.

Last edited by Mriswith; 08-31-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:59 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

amen to that one i still have to get my powerplat situation figured out for project overkill. I hope it'll be done by the 20th.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam1sstang View Post
Ok, went out and CRAWLED this Spot today.......NICE potential and quite fun for the size of the rocks.....

Here is a Wide PIC of the LOWER DAM area....We didn't cralw here but did walk through it. Nothin But HUGE rocks.....Probably same potential as upper area by middle of Flow area.

Ok here is a WIDE pic of the UPER DAM area...We did crawl this and had a lot of fun in the process.....Rocks on West side (right in PIC) are HUGE, but layed out nice for progressing from Right side (in PIC) to DAM side across the Rocks and back...TONS of possible LINES... And I will DEF be going back here again.

This is A recommended area for you all to check out if you get the time......We had a lot of fun....

VERY easy to find as well.....When heading SOUTH on BYGLAND.....You'll go past the Schools on the LEFT, and it is the next bridge after that...The entrance is Just before the bridge as was stated, You turn to the LEFT followed by an immediate RIGHT to get onto the narrow road. It winds its way right up to either Location.....

We need to have a GTG here, it is AWESOME.

I went out there today for the first time and it is hands down the best spot in GF for comp rigs

If you are down let me know, howabout the weekend after next, the 11th or the 12th? it would be a week before the comp at the lake
Old 10-01-2008, 07:02 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Sounds great to me. However I will be in Oklahoma for Crawlapalooza that weekend.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
Sounds great to me. However I will be in Oklahoma for Crawlapalooza that weekend.
Good luck

the picture doesn't do the spot justice, the rocks are quite a bit bigger than they look.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

We also need to find a spot in GF thats similar to the scale run we did down in Fargo. Preferable one where my Sniper will fit .
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
We also need to find a spot in GF thats similar to the scale run we did down in Fargo. Preferable one where my Sniper will fit .
Look in this thread:

Crawling Spots Around the State

3rd picture down

Looks like it would have some potential for some scalers, I do not know exactly where it is though.