Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: Interested in a Comp in East Grand Forks, MN??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #1

Default Interested in a Comp in East Grand Forks, MN??

I have a sweet spot in East Grand Forks, MN that I need to persue to have a comp at. I know I can use it for a few people wanting to practice, but I want to get an idea of the numbers that would attend an even in East Grand.
There is a nice area with really large sharp and techincal rocks that is both flat and the pile goes up a hill. Also there is another spot with smaller more rounded rocks that also goes flat and up a hill. I have read the Competition rules and could run a comp if enough people were interested.
Bob
trikvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Count me in!!
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I need a new playground so whether or not it's a comp, I'm in. The Demers bridge and Sertoma park are getting played out. This months comp is already set for this weekend in Bismark and the Minot guys haven't hosted a home town one this year for our points series. So it may not be in the points series but I think we could at least get a few people from this side of the state for a gtg at the least.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I am in for whatever, comp or gtg

Where is the exact location of this spot? I may head there later this week
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Count me in as well. If I am ever home long enough.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #6

Next Sunday 24 Aug I will try to get down to the Demers bridge crawling spot at about 5:30 to check out what you guys do. I can then show you where the spot is at that I found near my house about 4 miles from downtown. I don't yet have a crawler and hope that I can see if that part of the hobby is for me. I currently like running my RC10T4 out in my street where I don't need to pack up my stuff and drive to a location. With a new baby i am not sure how much I can just go take off and crawl so i am just interested in seeing some guys run thier rigs before I go buying a big setup...
trikvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

You'll see a mixed bag of crawlers, most are Axial based with usually just the one TLT scaler. I'll have my comp rig out and I might have my trail rig back together by then. Mine mostly see rock time in my basement because it's like 3 feet from my work bench and beer fridge.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:53 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

What is going on on the 24th. Are you guys having a GTG or something. Let me know whats going on. After all I am only an hour away.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikvik View Post
Next Sunday 24 Aug I will try to get down to the Demers bridge crawling spot at about 5:30 to check out what you guys do. I can then show you where the spot is at that I found near my house about 4 miles from downtown. I don't yet have a crawler and hope that I can see if that part of the hobby is for me. I currently like running my RC10T4 out in my street where I don't need to pack up my stuff and drive to a location. With a new baby i am not sure how much I can just go take off and crawl so i am just interested in seeing some guys run thier rigs before I go buying a big setup...
I really want to see this spot demers bridge is played out in my opinion, when I head out by myself I always go to Sertoma

this is what you want, you can order it from hobbytown
Old 08-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
What is going on on the 24th. Are you guys having a GTG or something. Let me know whats going on. After all I am only an hour away.
It's nothing fancy. It's just a couple guys screwing around after Hobby Town closes. It's usually just a pickup kinda thing, more of a follow the leader ride with whatever shows up. We just already know that this Sunday, Dave from Hobby Town and I will be there play but anyone who wants to show up is welcome. I'm really curious about a new spot.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith
I'm really curious about a new spot.
Me too. Demer's bridge has gotten to overgrown and Sertoma is just to small. I know a cool little rock garden on belmont. It would be cool for a few waterproofed scalers.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Do u own a crawler. If not i just started with the ax 10 kit the rtr is a good cheap crawler too.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikvik View Post
You gonna be around tomorrow?????????
Old 08-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
It's nothing fancy. It's just a couple guys screwing around after Hobby Town closes. It's usually just a pickup kinda thing, more of a follow the leader ride with whatever shows up. We just already know that this Sunday, Dave from Hobby Town and I will be there play but anyone who wants to show up is welcome. I'm really curious about a new spot.
you gonna be at hobbytown at closing tomorrow?
Old 08-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
you gonna be at hobbytown at closing tomorrow?
Thats the current plan. I need to look for a new longer body for my Bronco and I'll be bring whichever rigs I got running.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
Thats the current plan. I need to look for a new longer body for my Bronco and I'll be bring whichever rigs I got running.
sounds good,
Old 08-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Grand Forks might be a good spot to try and get the MNRCRC crew together with the ND and SD guys. Probably to late in the season this year but it could possibly make the schedule for next year you should PM freetimecrawler or nicklepimp.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Tony and I will be in Taylors falls in October again for the fall finals. I think it would be best to find a more central location for everyone to meet at for a tri-state comp kinda thing. (ND,MN,WI) say like the St. Cloud area. It's known as the Granite City and there are a ton of abandoned granite pits in the area and rocky outcrops. It would take some research and a lot of help to try to get something together but I don't see it happening this late in the season. Maybe I'll start to do some research and see what I can find down there.

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Grand Forks might be a good spot to try and get the MNRCRC crew together with the ND and SD guys. Probably to late in the season this year but it could possibly make the schedule for next year you should PM freetimecrawler or nicklepimp.
Hell yeah a tri-state comp would be sweet. I really want to make it to Taylor Falls but my summer has just been to busy and I've been in western ND most of the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps.com View Post
Tony and I will be in Taylors falls in October again for the fall finals. I think it would be best to find a more central location for everyone to meet at for a tri-state comp kinda thing. (ND,MN,WI) say like the St. Cloud area. It's known as the Granite City and there are a ton of abandoned granite pits in the area and rocky outcrops. It would take some research and a lot of help to try to get something together but I don't see it happening this late in the season. Maybe I'll start to do some research and see what I can find down there.

Jason
I don't think Grand Forks would be the way to go. Fargo/Moorhead would be cool, or anywhere on I-94 beween Minneapolis and Fargo
Old 08-23-2008, 05:25 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Hey Jason, Knoc (Andy) on RCC is from St. Cloud he operates a RC site called RC Fanatics and has a custom RC Body painting business. He's a crawler guy if anyone knows that area I bet it's him. Norm
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote