Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: Losi Mini Crawler Spec Class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Losi Mini Crawler Spec Class

Ok Guys lets hear ur thoughts on rules for the 1/18 Losi Crawlers.
I think we should leave them stock, but you would be allowed to mod stock parts and shocks (limit the acticuation, different springs, & cahnge the shock oil). ESC's and motors stay stock tires stay stock things like that.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I haven't picked one up yet but I would like to. Especially after seeing what TCS is coming out with

TCS Eclipse and Mini Edge?

It will be awhile for me, I still have my hilux to finish sometime...
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I agree, all stock components. All electronics must be kept stock. You could bind the stock reciever to your current transmitter if you have spektrum and don't want to carry more than 1 radio with you.

You can adjust the rig to you are liking. Meaning different oil in shocks, electronics placement, weighting the wheels, lowering body, limiting travel. Things of that nature.

I think 3 things that should be alowed as soon as they are available are the upgraded lockers as well as the new battery servo tray and also a different battery. The lockers have been giving out and I believe new metal ones will soon be available. As for alowing different batteries, this way you could run other batteries that you have. This also helps keep the cost down. It also alows for the use of a lipo for us people that only have lipo batteries.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
I agree, all stock components. All electronics must be kept stock. You could bind the stock reciever to your current transmitter if you have spektrum and don't want to carry more than 1 radio with you.

You can adjust the rig to you are liking. Meaning different oil in shocks, electronics placement, weighting the wheels, lowering body, limiting travel. Things of that nature.

I think 3 things that should be alowed as soon as they are available are the upgraded lockers as well as the new battery servo tray and also a different battery. The lockers have been giving out and I believe new metal ones will soon be available. As for alowing different batteries, this way you could run other batteries that you have. This also helps keep the cost down. It also alows for the use of a lipo for us people that only have lipo batteries.

I agree tqcookie there a decent setup out of the box for crawling but like any rtr they have flaws, so let's keep it fun, cheap, and as stock as possible
Old 09-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I'm hoping to grab one in a couple weeks. Without having one in my hand, what's been said so far sounds good. Keeping to OE durability replacements like lockers is a good idea.

I'd open it wide open for bodies though. I like to change those up often enough. I get bored too quick. Keep it the same scale and general cutting rules though. You just got to be able to personalize it a bit.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I picked up the MRC tonight. I've only got about twenty minutes on it bone stock out of the box and I came to a decision. Screw the spec class. I read through the first four pages of the "spec class" thread in the MRC section and realized anything related to stock is not for me. Look at any of my build threads, hell look at some of your own, I for one can't do it. I'm all for rules but something a little broader than a 'stock' type class. You can take any national champion RC driver of any flavor and give him a RTR kit. They'll most likely whoop up on the most expensive, modded and tweaked vehicle on the course. No matter what you do to kit it still comes down to driver skill. Besides, if I can't mod it, I'm gonna smash it out of frustration of NOT being able to mod it. I don't trust the electronics either. The speed control has no fine control and I don't trust the servo.

That being said, until some RCC guru's come up some sanctioned rules, lets just keep it in the same 'configuration' as it came out of the box rather than "box stock".
-Same wheelbase
-No wider than, let say 1 inch over stock to allow for the aftermarket 1.9 beadlocks
-Keep it 1.9
-No Dig
-No rear steer
-7.2v or 2s for you lipo only guys
- Body dimensions:
9 1/2" long
3 1/2" wide
3" tall
Thats about 1/2 less than stock dimensions, not including the boatsides.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Ah you whine to much. You just can't drive and need parts to compensate some.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinClodKiller View Post
Ah you whine to much. You just can't drive and need parts to compensate some.
Ha, your half right, I can't drive. I just can't leave stuff alone. It must be some kind of ADD/OCD thing :-P
Old 09-26-2008, 10:08 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

im for the spec class it would be nice to have a class thats on the cheap for people who want to get into it and not spend a bunch of money. with the little mods that ive done i think they are a fun truck to drive.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:19 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Default USRCCA 1.9 Rules

Well kid's here's the link http://usrcca.com/rules2008.pdf you gotta look close for the 1.9 rules (Because there smaller than the rest). No but seriously here's there rules for the LMRC's.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Well we ran the MRC's at the comp on the 19th and we had two box stock MRC's and then mine, chad, and mark's reconfigured MRC's and they pretty much preformed the same limiting the suspension is a must for side hilling tho other than that it was all up to the driver. And it was a blast they preform very much like a slightly modded AX-10. Hope to see some more of you guys getting these things.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

yea we had a lot of fun running them at the last comp. Like sam said the modded ones and the all stock ones had very little differences. on side hilling the lowered ones held on better. I would say that it does pay to make the slight modes but either way the rigs right out of the box perform awesome
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Ok so I thought of something last night and here it goes,
For every modification that is not approved by the N.D.R.C.R.C. for the LMRC 1.9 class, there will be +5 points added to your score.
Examples: Say you have 4 tires that are not approved by the N.D.R.C.R.C. you will receive +20 (each tire counts for 1 mod, same goes rims & shocks) for every course ran untill the LMRC is put back into spec's.

Aftermarket unapproved Chassis= +10pts
Aftermarket unapproved ESC= +5pts
Aftermarket unapproved Motor= +5pts
Aftermarket unapproved Links= +40pts
Aftermarket unapproved Tires= +20pts
Aftermarket unapproved Rims= +20pts
Aftermarket unapproved Shocks= +20pts
Aftermarket unapproved Transmission (including gears)= +10pts
Any Kind of Dig Unit= +10pts
Aftermarket unapproved Axle & Axle components= +10

The rules as they stand now allow for Aluminum bodied shocks, Different rate springs, steel lockers, and Hitec 225MG Steering Servo.
You can configure the OEM parts in any way you want.
No 4 wheel steer.
Any body is allowed, cutting for tire rub is allowed.
Weight is allowed in the rims and tires.

2s Lipo's are allowed.

Vehical Must Remain at stock wheel base and width.

Vehical is subject to a tech inspection at anytime before, during or after a comp, if the driver refuses to let the truck be inspected all points from prior comps will be put at maximum ammount.

Remember this is a Class Designed to stay cheap.

Rules are subject to change.

Last edited by thunder7845; 10-23-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Lipo's
Old 10-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Well it looks like I will be starting 100pts down according to your post. Probablly more when you decide what the penalty for different wheelbase and width. Although anyone who lowers there truck from stock will have to be assesed the penalty for the wheel base.

I suggest having a beginner class that uses stock vehichles and a regular class that follows the USRCCA rules that are already in place. None of us that are currently running at comps should be allowed to enter the beginner class. Keep the beginner class affordable for those looking to get a start into crawling. Maybee even have a trophy or plack or something to make it even more exciting for them and keep them comming back.

Just my .02 cents
Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

like the idea. I think it will work perfect. At every comp then we should have votes on parts that we want to allow or that are needed. I am in on this.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

why do you say 100pts down tony? I agree with you on the lowering cuz it does change wheelbase so we might have to allow that. But changing links and getting a different wheelbase or just changing links to aftermarket should be pts against you until it is voted in. We dont have enough people to run a beginner and a mod class although i would like to. I think tinkering with the LMRC stock parts will help get more people into it for less money. Once there in we all know what happens. Things will change once we approve parts and get more people into it wanting the parts. When that happens we can make two classes. I like Sam's idea since it allows you to do the mods without DQ, but it costs you pts. It is a ruff idea and it will need some tweaking.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well it looks like I will be starting 100pts down according to your post. Probablly more when you decide what the penalty for different wheelbase and width. Although anyone who lowers there truck from stock will have to be assesed the penalty for the wheel base.

I suggest having a beginner class that uses stock vehichles and a regular class that follows the USRCCA rules that are already in place. None of us that are currently running at comps should be allowed to enter the beginner class. Keep the beginner class affordable for those looking to get a start into crawling. Maybee even have a trophy or plack or something to make it even more exciting for them and keep them comming back.

Just my .02 cents

WB we can work with a little, like a half inch over stock.
With these it's not about the money or the sponsers you have, it's about knowing the truck and seeing who really is the best driver. When I first started racing atv's you won because you did what you could with stock parts and your driving ability.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder7845 View Post
With these it's not about the money or the sponsers you have, it's about knowing the truck and seeing who really is the best driver.
I am beginning to understand things more clearly now. First of all I would be willing to bet I make less money than all of you guys. Secondly 98% of the stuff I have, I paid in full on my own. 1% I have been given a discount on and maybee 1% i have gotten for free.

I guess I don't really know my truck because if I did I would have won all 5 comps this summer, but I was only able to win the 4 I attended. I guess there is something to be learned there.

You guys make all the rules you want, I will show up if I can and take all the penalties you want. I got into rock crawling because I thought it would be different than racing. It appears that it is in every way just as cut throught as racing. I guess I should have know better when I saw there were COMPS. I should have just stuck to the GTG's
Old 10-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I am beginning to understand things more clearly now. First of all I would be willing to bet I make less money than all of you guys. Secondly 98% of the stuff I have, I paid in full on my own. 1% I have been given a discount on and maybee 1% i have gotten for free.

I guess I don't really know my truck because if I did I would have won all 5 comps this summer, but I was only able to win the 4 I attended. I guess there is something to be learned there.

You guys make all the rules you want, I will show up if I can and take all the penalties you want. I got into rock crawling because I thought it would be different than racing. It appears that it is in every way just as cut throught as racing. I guess I should have know better when I saw there were COMPS. I should have just stuck to the GTG's
Tony that's not what I'm saying apperently I'm not getting the right message across. Plain and simple I don't want to spend any more than I need too, I want this to be a drivers class I would like to see Joe Blow come into a hobby store by the truck come and compete against us and have a chance to win with out having to dump 800 dollars into his truck. Does that make sense.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Also didn't you post this? Wut changed?