Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Oklahoma

Notices

Thread: Comp #6 Broken Damn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKHORSE View Post
Im glad you and Rick are going, Both are great drivers and are cool under pressure, Most of the time (Cough Cough brian) Since I missed the first comp and it put me down so bad, I didnt even plan to go or save up for it.. So no biggie...

I think the last few comps have been very good contenders for crawlapalooza and this year the other club are gonna realize that the okie arent a pushover like last year..Not that we were, But we didnt have nothing for them..LOL.. On the other hand The comp have also set the stage for what to sorta expect out in Moab, If you think about it we have done some very hard course and some that were more challenging than last years event.. I just want more and more people getting into this and not leaving because they couldnt complete any course....

Im done, and Ill see you guys out at BD for the asswhoopin you all deserve..
Can I get a hug Saturday?

Hell, all that are going to Moab are fighting for second anyway.
bbyrd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #62
RCC Addict

I'll be there for sure wife is packing all the stuff for her and baby too so its gonna be a fun weekend. Can one rig comp with two drivers????? Might wanna let my wife drive the edge
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:01 AM   #63
Old guy

We did have a throw out so you could miss a comp and still have a chance for the Nats. . So I'm not sure what you guys are talking about on that end.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 AM   #64
Old guy

Quote:
Im glad you and Rick are going, Both are great drivers and are cool under pressure, Most of the time (Cough Cough brian) Both are great names on the board and I think you guys can represent this club well...Since I missed the first comp and it put me down so bad, I didnt even plan to go or save up for it.. So no biggie...

I think the last few comps have been very good contenders for crawlapalooza and this year the other club are gonna realize that the okie arent a pushover like last year..Not that we were, But we didnt have nothing for them..LOL.. On the other hand The comp have also set the stage for what to sorta expect out in Moab, If you think about it we have done some very hard course and have come soooo far from last years event.. I just want more and more people getting into this and not leaving because they couldnt complete any course....

Im done, and Ill see you guys out at BD for the asswhoopin you all deserve..
Then 1st comp was your throw out . My throw out was the 4th comp.

Us OKIES weren't a push over, I think I got 11th and Brian got 9th.

I'll bring the shears for who ever want to hack a course out. Just get there early so you can have time to do it before we start.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:20 AM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Personally, being one of the new guys, I come to have fun with a bunch of people that know how to laugh and have fun. If that means I have to bomb a few courses to get better then as long as I remember to laugh at myself and ask questions then so be it. This is just something to have fun with. This is not what my life revolves around, she is still asleep next to me. I know that the only way I will get any better is to push myself and the rig to our limits. Then when I fail, I ask why and try to fix it. If I/you came out and won ever comp from day 1 then I think it would loose something and be less fun. I would not really want all of the "old timers" to start over just because I am new. That is just me. May not be all new people.

And as far as the points go, this is from the old okrcrc site:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY
We have 2 comps down right now, comp 3 and 4 at DISNEY in MAY.

Should we have 2 comps in June, like the 1st weekend and the 4th weekend.
That would make 6 comps before July 1st
Then we throw out 2 and keep our best 4 for the qualifying for the Nats.
That would give everybody a good chance to compete for the spot to go

Lets hear some input
I thought that was what we talked about and we were tossing out the bottom 2 comps so it would give everybody a chance for life to come up.

Last edited by ElkySS; 07-11-2008 at 06:30 AM.
ElkySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 AM   #66
Pebble Pounder

I agree with Elky! I am a newb at crawling and make the best of it. I know there is going to be some experience and knowledge that I don't have yet, which will make it a lil harder for me to keep up. Granted, I have never been to any of the comps, broken dam tomorrow will be my first, but I have it laid out in my head that I should do OKAY. My rig doesn't have the best electronics/dig or all that fancy yet, but I'll do my best to keep up. I am hoping that it is newb friendly, but still challenging to the old timers. Anyways, I can't wait to get up there and get to meet some of you guys and have a good time.

This is my rig to kinda tell me apart and you guys can go "ohh hey thats so and so from RCC"

Testykalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
We did have a throw out so you could miss a comp and still have a chance for the Nats. . So I'm not sure what you guys are talking about on that end.

Thats all good and all, But that still leaves most people at the least 100 points away from the top.. So actually it would take 100 comps just to reach that point.. Im just saying it doesnt allow anyone except the top 3 guys to catch up...

And damn, I sayed that we were a pushover at the last comp as a metaphor, Because if you look at what ALL OF US had to do to our rigs this season just to be at that level of competing... And good for you for getting 11th and 9th, But that wasnt really a top 5 spot now was it? At the time it was one true okie that got close to the 10th spot, and the arkie okie implant got 9th, So where was the rest of the field??...

Last edited by DARKHORSE; 07-11-2008 at 10:35 AM.
DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Got another competitor. My brother is going to run the SW3.

TEAM BYRD.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #69
Old guy

Quote:
Thats all good and all, But that still leaves most people at the least 100 points away from the top.. So actually it would take 100 comps just to reach that point.. Im just saying it doesnt allow anyone except the top 3 guys to catch up...

And damn, I sayed that we were a pushover at the last comp as a metaphor, Because if you look at what ALL OF US had to do to our rigs this season just to be at that level of competing... And good for you for getting 11th and 9th, But that wasnt really a top 5 spot now was it? At the time it was one true okie that got close to the 10th spot, and the arkie okie implant got 9th, So where was the rest of the field??...
You'll have to show me your math.
We had to have at lest 4 comps for the NATS.We got 5 in. So then we could throw 1 out. I tryed to get us to have 2 comps in june so we could get 6 comps in and throw out 2. I really don't know how much fairer we could have done it.

I think 9th, 11th are pretty good being we were running a comp like that and we were a bunch of newbs,my wife went home the night before sick, I hurt my knee, All the big wigs from the RCC was there. We all had a lot on our minds.

Last edited by ROCKEDUP RICKY; 07-11-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #70
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd22 View Post
Got another competitor. My brother is going to run the SW3.

TEAM BYRD.
Team Byrd turd, OK but no catching each others rigs
Old 07-12-2008, 10:46 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Quote:
From 412 and OK 59, Phillips 66 station on the corner. Go south on 59 3.5 miles you'll see a sign that says ( Redneck yacht Club ) stop laughing on the left with an other sign about the moto cross track. These signs are big you can't miss them.

Turn left at the signs and go over the RR tracks, Follow that road for a little bit, maybe 1/2 mile. There's a sign that says Twin falls trailer park with a for sale sign in the middle of it, turn right there and you'll see a metal box on a pole. Put a dollar in the box and go straight down the dirt road in front of you, when you get to the end you are there.

If you need more imfo PM me or something just be there
I just figured out there are 2 highway 59's that are only a couple miles apart on 412 in Siloam. One happens to be in Arkansas, one in Oklahoma (who the ---- made that decision!!!). I just wasted 3 hours of my life driving up and down Arkansas 59. Oh well. I wondered why the signs for lake frances were on the right and not the left........

Yes the directions above say "OK 59" and not "AR 59". My fault. I driven through Siloam a literally a hundred times and never once noticed OK 59 (AR 59 is obvious due to the overpass), but I now know it must be the stoplight with the truckstop style Phillips 66 station......

Maybe next time.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #72
Holmes Hobbies

OH Man,You drove all the way up there and didn't find them?
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Yep, never found the place. Good thing Siloam is only 30 minutes from my house.

Just frustrating that there are 2 highway 59's that go south out of Siloam on 412 that are only 2 miles apart, if that.

Just not a good day for me. Spilled my Mt Dew in the truck while going down every road off of AR 59 looking for the crawler place, the AC, power windows and locks all quit working..... argh. I want a "do over".
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:59 PM   #74
Old guy

What a great comp day we had. The courses were tough but doable .
It was great meeting some new nice people. Good job JoJo got her 1st - score.

Brian does it again 1st 2.2

Rockedup 2nd

JB 3rd

Here's a couple of pics.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #75
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Yep, never found the place. Good thing Siloam is only 30 minutes from my house.

Just frustrating that there are 2 highway 59's that go south out of Siloam on 412 that are only 2 miles apart, if that.

Just not a good day for me. Spilled my Mt Dew in the truck while going down every road off of AR 59 looking for the crawler place, the AC, power windows and locks all quit working..... argh. I want a "do over".
Man Manning, I feel bad. That happen to me when I 1st moved here.I never did find that job.

Thanks everybody for coming over and eating with us. I hope everybody got full. I didn't burn any bugers, but I did catch my finger on fire. Cut it one day try to burn it the next.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Quote:
I didn't burn any bugers, but I did catch my finger on fire. Cut it one day try to burn it the next.

Hillbilly.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Congrats Brian, Ricky, And Jeremy.. Today was awesome...

Thanks ALOT to the Avery family for having us all over there for all the burgers, chocolate cake and disc golf...

And thanks to everyone that showed, And I hope everyone made it home ok...

Last edited by DARKHORSE; 07-12-2008 at 08:37 PM.
DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Agreed! Today was a blast. Loved the courses...I just need a damn dig! Ricky, I could eat those burgers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

It was nice meeting all you guys!
Old 07-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #79
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testykalz View Post
Agreed! Today was a blast. Loved the courses...I just need a damn dig! Ricky, I could eat those burgers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

It was nice meeting all you guys!
Well you guys didn't eat them all, so I will be having them for breckfast,lunch, and dinner. I'm a little disappointed in JB , I thought he'd eat at least as much as I did.

Thanks Darkhorse.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #80
Pebble Pounder

I just realized my name on here isn't "tslabaugh".... hmm didn't know that. Damn auto log in.

I inhaled three burgers and could have ate more if it wasn't for that cake! lol