Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: New Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Body for scx10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #1

Default New Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Body for scx10

Hello folks - first post here. Been lurking, reading and learning for a while - thanks for the great site!

I have a nitro Savage that's been sitting for a few years and I'm getting back into RC a bit now that my boys are old enough to start learning to drive.

Until recently, I knew NOTHING about electrics or crawling - again - thanks for all the great info.

I just bought a used SCX10 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. I think I get a decent deal; low hours, they guy had upgraded all the links and shafts to aluminum and put some bead locks on it. Came with new light kit. The only thing I've done so far is buy some LiPOs and a charger.

The guy had painted over the body though and I'm not crazy about it. I love the body style, but would like to do my own custom paint.

This brings me to my question:

The only replacement unlimited rubicon bodies I've seen are the Proline and some painted/stock bodies on ebay.

Is the Proline the only option for this body style? Is it true to the stock in detail? Will my roll cage and fender flares fit?

My LHS didn't have one in stock to closely inspect. Hate to order online if I'm going to run into problems.

Thanks in advance dfor the info! I'm sure many more Q's coming. I've read all about the common hop ups, etc. I think my first goal will be waterproofing so I can crawl through some streams....
rspicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Body for scx10

you can buy a replacement lexan Axial jeep body for 30$, it come with only the body, windshiled and stickers.
french_connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #3

Default Re: New Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Body for scx10

Oops - upon searching again - I see that several of the ones I've been finding ARE Axial and not Proline. D'OH! Best I'm finding is $45 + shipping though.
rspicko is offline   Reply With Quote

New Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Body for scx10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bender's SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon BENDER Axial SCX-10 110 02-10-2015 08:10 PM
Axial SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon jason Scale Videos! 16 11-03-2013 09:27 AM
Bender's SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Video BENDER Scale Videos! 10 12-07-2012 09:19 AM
SCX10™ 2012 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon HyperMark Axial SCX-10 0 10-30-2012 08:07 AM