Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Any cheap alternatives for painting lexan?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

I would stick with paint specially made for lexan, otherwise it'll chip if the body flexes, and then it looks really bad...
norco kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2007, 08:05 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
After washing thoroughly and coating the inside 2 more times, the paint flaked off again! Just not as bad this time, but it still looked like crap after only a few rollovers and rubs against the rocks. One pack's worth of driving.
I sprayed the rest of the can on in a series of thick coats (Tamiya Coral Blue) and let it dry in front of a space heater. Then I layed a layer of clear packing tape over the inside side panels and at each end.
So far I can see places where the paint is separating from the lexan again, but the tape is holding it and keeping it from flaking all over the place and making a big mess of the chassis.
This is the last attempt for this body, now the windows are all scratched and fogged from all the masking and cleanup I've done.
Next body gets swabbed out w/ rubbing alcohol before painting...
Sounds like you've got a can of the TS spray rather than the "PS" spray that Tamiya makes. -- Big difference in how it adheres to the lexan body.

Check the cap of your paint does it say TS and then a number? If so you've got the wrong stuff.
hunter306 is offline   Reply With Quote