Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Tips on how to make blood splatter.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Tips on how to make blood splatter.

The driver of one of my rigs is Dale from The Walking Dead. I would like to add some blood splatter on the jeep when I do some weathering/mudding in order to give it a character effect. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Scotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tips on how to make blood splatter.

First off, make sure you use the proper paint for your body, polycarbonate paint for lexan or enamel paint for hardbodies. Polycarbonate paint is usually an acrylic, it's flexible when dry so it doesn't crack, peel, and flake off.

I usually use a thick artists brush with long, loose bristles dipped in a small jar of liquid paint, and just flick it at the body for a splatter effect. Best done outside in the garage or on the driveway, lest you piss off Mom or the wife, as it will make a mess if you miss.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:11 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

you can also dip a straw in paint and blow on the other end, works good for splatter that would happen with motion.
onebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:48 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I've seen realistic blood spatter done buy putting a dab of paint on the end of a small board and "clapping" another board against it.
I imagine this one would be best done outdoors as well.
j.krug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I run blood splatter bodies as my paint scheme. Iam an artist by trade and I draw a lot of zombies. So its natural that i would want some blood splatter on my rc bodies right?

Heres what I do and it works well for me. I spray a lot of paint onto a pipe cleaner or a cheap fluffy brush. You want a lot of paint loaded up on the brush. Look at the body and envision that "impact" of the where the bood started to hit the car or truck. Direction is important. Once you figure that out keep that in mind while you flick the brush with your wrist. Do this in a well covered area as it can get messy. Sometimes I also create a drag mark where maybe a body slid off the car??? One more tip is try to keep it random and dont concentrate on symmetry. Have fun. Here are a couple of my bodies.

twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Thanks for all of the tips, everyone. I like them all and some of these techniques I recalled from my younger years after you mentioned them. I think I will incorporate them all for an overall effect. Some for chainsaw splatter, shotgun blasts and, of course...hit and runs!
Scotski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tips on how to make blood splatter. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
About to make a backyard course - any tips would be appreciated. Mr.RonGilbert Newbie General 12 03-08-2014 09:06 AM
tips to make it tip over less? rod-211 Axial SCX-10 26 03-11-2013 12:33 PM
Tips to make soldering 3 wires to 1 Dean's terminal easier? shelljeep Electronics 28 02-03-2011 04:19 PM
Can we make a tips/tricks/mods sticky? fbuonpensiero Axial SCX-10 3 09-02-2010 02:39 PM
About to rebuild the stock shocks, tips on how to make them leak proof? VeryBumpy Axial AX-10 Scorpion 20 05-03-2009 06:18 PM