Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Modifying a New Bright ZR2 for MST CMX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Modifying a New Bright ZR2 for MST CMX

I bought a 2016 Colorado extended cab last year, and my wife asked if I was going to make a 1/10 version since I made a replica of my old C1500. Not long after, I found a New Bright Colorado ZR2 that was also an extended cab. I've already cut the rear wheel wells to fit the CMX. What would be the best option to reconstruct the wheel wells, as far as material and thickness? I will most likely add a tonneau cover to match the full size truck, but I still want to make it look decent.

aver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Modifying a New Bright ZR2 for MST CMX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aver3 View Post
I bought a 2016 Colorado extended cab last year, and my wife asked if I was going to make a 1/10 version since I made a replica of my old C1500. Not long after, I found a New Bright Colorado ZR2 that was also an extended cab. I've already cut the rear wheel wells to fit the CMX. What would be the best option to reconstruct the wheel wells, as far as material and thickness? I will most likely add a tonneau cover to match the full size truck, but I still want to make it look decent.

I would use styrene plastic and plastruct bondene cement
Fyi i am a current 2000 Sonoma zr2 owner and enthusiast as well as a member of ZR2USA and am awaiting the release of the 2017 zr2 the newbright body depicts a Standard Colorado body to depict the zr2 you will need to add larger wheel openings,Flares and different headlamps to name a few if your depicting the zr5 then your fine as its a standard Colorado with an appearance package which is not even close to a rpo ZR2
scalemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the info on the plastic and glue.

As far as being a ZR2, I was just going by the label on the box and decals. I was even debating smoothing out the hood bulge to make it look more like my WT.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Its a nice looking body i checked out newbrights site with a little work it would look bada** as a true zr2 minus the slightly different headlights i was unaware of this bodies existense if its not an issue what are the dimensions of the body?
Old 01-28-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I'd say the wheelbase is about 245mm. I'll check for sure sometime. The CMX that I'm putting it on was set up for the Tamiya Wrangler body, but I lengthened all 4 front links a couple mm to give me more clearance for the front wheels. The width is comparable to a CC01 body, also. I was shocked that it would fit something I owned already, with very few mods needed to the chassis. This also let me get a TF2 SWB to make the YJ look a little more realistic. I just need to make some body mounts and wait for warm weather to paint it. And living in Tennessee, late January and February is when we get the ice and cold weather, so I may have missed my chance for a couple of months.

I bought mine on a trip to Indiana several months ago. I didn't find any in Tennessee until just recently.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks looks like im going to have to track one down for my CC-01
Old 01-28-2017, 06:11 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I just noticed where you were from. It's interesting that the Sonoma got the ZR2 designation up there. Down here, it was called the Highrider.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aver3 View Post
I just noticed where you were from. It's interesting that the Sonoma got the ZR2 designation up there. Down here, it was called the Highrider.
They were called highriders here until 98 then they just became the zr2 heres a photo of mine all original just turned 399,500km
Old 03-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I was pretty close to buying one the other day at Walmart. I have a 16 z71 but mine is a crew cab and would love to put one on my cc01. How wide is the body?
Dirt Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Modifying a New Bright ZR2 for MST CMX - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MST CMX TJ take 2 03NCTJ Max Speed Technology CMX 34 07-11-2017 06:52 PM
MST CMX Jeep TJ 03NCTJ Max Speed Technology CMX 2 11-04-2016 11:56 AM
Mst cmx way6317 Max Speed Technology CMX 19 09-04-2016 06:51 AM
Wranger YJ on MST CMX aircooled Max Speed Technology CMX 35 03-16-2016 06:16 AM