Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Chinese D90 hardbody

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Chinese D90 hardbody

I have been recently considering purchasing the chinese version of the D90 hardbody for my Sawback. I want something closer to 1:10 scale and as anyone familiar with thestock sawback jeep knows it is a little oversized.

I can pick up a d90 off of ebay for around $45.00 Canadian shipped, but wanted to knpw if anyone who has purchased one could chime in. Ive scoured this site as well as google and found peoples opinions on them vary quite a bit. The worst I remember reading was that a buyer got one that was badly warped, and they claimed that even with proper paint and prep work nothing would stick to it (which sounds a little unbelievable to me) Other people seem to not have any issues... so I am just lookimg for any other viewpoints.

My other option is the Tamiya F350 hardbody, but that will cost me closer to $80 once I factor in the windshield, bumpers and grill, light lenses, etc... and I won't have an interior (although not sure I would use the one supplied with the d90, it would depend on fitment)

Anyway, hope that wasn't too convoluted. Along with opinions / reviews im also curious if anyone has mounting solutions for the gmade chassis I'll be using.

Thank you in advance...
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #2

Default Re: Chinese D90 hardbody

I have a friend that has Chinese Land Rover bodies and he hasn't had any issues. Just buy from a reputable seller with good feedback.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I have a friend that has Chinese Land Rover bodies and he hasn't had any issues. Just buy from a reputable seller with good feedback.
Thats what I was hoping to hear. Thank you for the response. The RC4WD version is far too expensive here in Canada (local or online), but I would prefer a hardbody to the stock Lexan. Do you know what chassis / mounting method he used, or are any of his builds posted here on RCC?
Old 02-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #4

He used the RC4WD Gelande II chassis. He's now building one on an XTra Speed chassis.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:12 PM   #5
Dbx
Quarry Creeper

Scx10 build here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...tom-build.html
Dbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbx View Post
Thanks for the link, it definitely reinforces my decision to buy one.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:25 PM   #7

I got myself one - Boom Racing is the brand I think. Though, Xtra Speed makes a similar hard body as well as a $20 lexan if memory serves.
I just didnt like the 4mm thick metal roof rack I got for it and I felt uncomfortable running a heavy rig as im about to add a lot more stuff. I'm sure it equals the same weight as an orig rc4wd setup, but somehow I got turned off anticipating the final weight.

Right to the point when I was to sell it off, I decided to just cut the rear and make a pickup version. Only the windshield roll bars were used and I made a drop bed for it that actually rests on the chassis itself. Using that to place the scale items, keeps the COG as low as possible.

macdon is offline   Reply With Quote

Chinese D90 hardbody - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hardbody D90 for SCX10 gameberries General Scale Talk 5 07-06-2014 06:33 AM
D90 hardbody mod THEmicroRR Paint and Body 2 10-14-2013 01:10 PM