Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Axial '67 C-10 body on TRX4 chassis... few questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2020, 04:53 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Axial '67 C-10 body on TRX4 chassis... few questions

I'm wanting to find out a couple of things...

1) Who has used/ handled the Axial Chevy C-10 body? OR 2) Who has used it on a TRX4 chassis?

>>> How thin or thick/ durable or fragile is this body? Compared to the Traxxas Defender and Bronco bodies?

>>> And what kind of major challenges did you run into regarding fitment? Mainly concerned about any major issues between mounting posts and floor pans... not so much with front/ rear bumper clearance as we all use so many different types/ brands/ methods in that regard.

Anyway... please post up your thoughts or experiences with either of these topics. Thanks very much in advance for any assistance that you might be able to offer.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2020, 06:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial '67 C-10 body on TRX4 chassis... few questions

I have no direct experience with this body but it comes un-cut meaning it will be similar to any Pro-line body in terms of mounting it. I think I saw some pics of it mounted on a TRX4 chassis in the TRX4 picture thread.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Thanks, Inspector86. Much appreciate the reply. I'll take a stroll through the trx thread and take a look. My main concern is if this is a thin/ flimsy shell or not. Going to do my first weathered body and I think this would be a good candidate unless it's just crap. I have no experience with Axial bodies besides the scx24 and the Capra panels.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:39 PM   #4
Gold Star Baby!

The lexan is great. It’s nice and solid and fairly thick. One of my favorite bodies by far, it’s a beauty. But it’s big, and leaves a poor departure angle but great for a trail truck. The only issue I could think of that you’d run into is if you want to run the stock plastic bumpers since their posts are different. It’s plenty wide and long so it should fit fine on a trx4 chassis.

Here’s a C10 I did sitting on a 10.2, only had this out a couple times
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:55 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thank you, Topher! That image gets me pretty close to just pulling the trigger on this one now. That paint color fits the '67 c-10 perfectly btw. I'm planning on using my SSD Bronco Rock Shield bumpers so hoping the approach and departure angles won't suffer too much. I do plan to keep using this rig on the rocks as well as the trails.

EDIT> I should've asked before but does anyone know the approx overall length of this body. I searched high and low... could not find that info anywhere.

Last edited by high plains drifter; 06-20-2020 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:39 PM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

I lose stuff all the time and apparently have lost my tape measure, I’ll keep looking and try to get you an accurate measurement but perhaps this photo helps in the meantime. Compared to a trx4 sport body so perhaps if you could find the length of that you could get an idea.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2020, 10:53 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I see the Sport length listed as 21.93"... quite a bit longer than my Bronco body. That Sport length does appear to be from bumper to bumper but just comparing these specs and looking at the pics you provided... the C10 is indeed pretty long... maybe too long for an effective crawler. Hmmm...

Appreciate the comparison pics, Topher.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:02 PM   #8
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I see the Sport length listed as 21.93"... quite a bit longer than my Bronco body. That Sport length does appear to be from bumper to bumper but just comparing these specs and looking at the pics you provided... the C10 is indeed pretty long... maybe too long for an effective crawler. Hmmm...

Appreciate the comparison pics, Topher.
No problem HPD. So on that note I used the tape measure app on my phone and it said it was 21”, maybe that was more accurate than I thought.

As I mentioned I’ve only had that one out in the wild a couple times but if you want to see it moving there are a couple of short clips of it here...

https://youtu.be/B58qJb68dg4
Old 06-21-2020, 01:41 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Got sidetracked watching all your vids lol. Body doesn't appear to be "too" long from that limited footage but I'm still a little apprehensive due to it being so much longer than the Bronco body. I hate the thought of compromising performance over aesthetics. Oh well... That's the never-ending challenge of tiny trucks lol. Thanks again, bud.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #10
Gold Star Baby!

Thanks HPD and no problem. Glad I could help some.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:07 PM   #11

The c10 works great on a trx4. I have one on my Sport. The inner fender kit clears nicely and bumpers are fine too, you need two of the low rise front bumper mounts to use front and rear or it sits too low at the rear. They may be different if your starting from a Bronco.

Quality of the lexan is very good, mines seen a year of use and last years UK G6 recon and still no cracks. Just lots of scratches! And the rear does drag sometimes, lots of overhang, I wouldn’t recommend too much time on the rocks with it due to this shallow departure angle, approach angle is good tho. It makes a very fine trail body.

Edit, added some pics

Last edited by rtsbasic; 06-26-2020 at 02:15 PM.
rtsbasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Hey, rtsbasic.. Thanks very much for offering up some more valuable insight and tips. Nice job on yours... Really like those front marker lights too. Man I really love this body... every pic that I see.

Axial '67 C-10 body on TRX4 chassis... few questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trx4 Chassis kit owner- what body will fit these fenders? Boongoosen Traxxas Crawlers 6 07-05-2020 01:22 PM
VS4-10 Pro body, would it work on a TRX4 chassis? Creep Traxxas TRX-4 1 04-28-2020 06:16 PM
TRX4 body fitment questions for the experts Derka Traxxas TRX-4 4 03-04-2020 12:26 AM
TRX4 with Axial Cherokee sport body triafgg Traxxas TRX-4 11 05-13-2019 06:21 AM