Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: What would be the best paint color to duplicate the Gen8 Scout blue body color???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #1
riz
Quarry Creeper

Default What would be the best paint color to duplicate the Gen8 Scout blue body color???

Looking at buying a clear Scout body so I can start with clear windows but looking to match the factory blue body.... What would be the best paint color to duplicate the Gen8 Scout blue body color???

RIZ.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2021, 01:29 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: What would be the best paint color to duplicate the Gen8 Scout blue body color???

PS 49 Tamiya Sky Blue Anodized Aluminum looks pretty close. The others (light blue, translucent etc) have almost a purple tint in comparison. Maybe that 49 backed with silver and then black would do it? Google that color and look at a few examples. May be too light but the others all looked too blue.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:45 AM   #3

Default Re: What would be the best paint color to duplicate the Gen8 Scout blue body color???

my father had a Scout II decades ago, I think was the color you mentioned. I have a Tamiya blue but I think its too light. Of course Dads had years of exposure and paint neglect so who knows. Is it close the blue that the latest gen Toyota Land Cruisers use?
RickBinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:14 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
PS 49 Tamiya Sky Blue Anodized Aluminum looks pretty close. The others (light blue, translucent etc) have almost a purple tint in comparison. Maybe that 49 backed with silver and then black would do it? Google that color and look at a few examples. May be too light but the others all looked too blue.
I think backing it with a very dark blue or maybe even black would do. Best to get a clear piece of scrap lexan and do some testing.
TITANIUM94010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:06 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

If you have the time and don't mind using a little elbow grease there are some videos out there on sanding/removing the paint from the windows on the stock bodies. I've seen a couple of them after the paint is removed and it does look much better. Just a thought.
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote

What would be the best paint color to duplicate the Gen8 Scout blue body color??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What color blue is this?? Help needed Bottlefed Paint and Body 4 02-27-2019 06:11 PM
Blue Gen8 Scout II DukeMinnix Redcat Crawlers 8 01-15-2019 01:16 PM
Which new color for our next Gear Head Dual Color LED Light Bar? Gear Head RC Vendors Electronics 4 05-03-2014 05:42 PM
Paint color please. jason02ws6 Axial SCX-10 9 04-15-2014 11:03 AM
color for my scout scaler? dieselfuel Paint and Body 23 07-10-2007 01:14 AM