Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Military paint lexan paint colors?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2022, 02:34 PM   #1

Default Military paint lexan paint colors?

Do military colored polycarbonate rattle cans even exist in the USA? I saw a video of a defender trx4 body painted an Eastnor Green and fell in love with the color, bringing back memories of a 110 Military I used to own of the same color.
Company was called PaintNuts, and of course they are English. I've heard to stay away from the kylon and rustoleum stuff and to stick with a high quality polycarbonate rattle can manufacturer, especially if this is your first time painting.
Ovok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2022, 03:04 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Military paint lexan paint colors?

Tamiya has a lot of green variations, and is the choise of many for lexan painting.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/paint...polycarbonate/

With the right backing color, you could achieve whatever tone of green you are after.
xagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 04:09 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Military paint lexan paint colors?

FYI, not a damn thing wrong with krylon camo paint on lexan bodies. I painted my stock body with it on the outside because I couldn't get a clear body kit and didnt want silver. Biggest thing is making sure the body is CLEAN including a final wipe down with rubbing alcohol.

Krylon body only scrapped off on rocks, no flaking or anything.

Just painted one with ordered color matched automotive paint, color to match my 1:1 now that I got a clear body for it. Had one extra step (plastic adhesion promoter, light coat before paint). This body has been flexed and everything while doing scale work, 0 issues.

Now hobbyshop paint, BE DAMN SURE ITS FOR POLYCARBONATE/LEXAN or it WILL FLAKE OFF.

First pic, krylon on the outside.

Second pic, automotive custom matched paint (spray can)

So ignore people that say you have to use whatever, it's BS. Other options work fine, biggest thing is it being design for plastic or using adhesion promoter for plastic.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Military paint lexan paint colors? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Military version of Dynahead - paint/decal help macordani Paint and Body 11 05-06-2020 07:11 PM
Need Military Color Spray Paint for Wraith Shell bigboytoys_bend Paint and Body 24 12-27-2017 07:16 AM
New Lexan paint JohnB Paint and Body 1 04-02-2014 11:29 AM
Lexan Shell Paint Disaster, Paint Removal? Big Tex Paint and Body 15 02-08-2012 12:58 AM
help with paint colors brianw Paint and Body 5 05-13-2010 11:39 AM