Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: What a Championship!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default What a Championship!!!

Well, well, well. Did the '09 Axial West Coast Championships live up to its name? We had returning champions, AWCC virgins, and a whole list of who's who trying to put their name atop the podium.
Saturday started w/ a highly excited host, I, giving a drivers meeting that was rated "R" and luckily my bull horn is not registered by the FCC or I would be in jail. To those sensitive ears that I made wince due to my colorful language, I apologize and am currently participating in a mouth washing seminar.
After drivers meeting, it was time to "DO WORK". Let me tell you, I watched some of the best driving ever! Pros laying the smack down on courses designed to test skill, rig, and mental sanity. Everyone embraced the water, mud, and sand; oh yeah, there was rock. How much rock? A Sh!t load. (Oops, more Dawn, please). The rock at Donner is priceless; a true r/c rock crawler’s wet dream.
Each course had a theme. The theme was "Fun"! Fun to watch, fun to drive, and fun to judge. Yes the lines were long, but worth the wait. 4 courses of pure pleasure and nothing else to do all day but crawl, thank goodness we have a lot of sunshine. I personally can't think of a better way to spend a weekend w/ great people crawlin' on some of the best rock in the nation.
KING BLING and myself, DRIVNMF, would personally like to thank you, all of the drivers, who keep making this event a huge success and a "must attend" comp in everyone’s list. We would also like to thank the sponsors. First and foremost, AXIALRACING.COM. Their dedication to r/c rock crawling is immeasurable. PROLINE, enough said, but I'll go on. What a great company w/ great products. NOVAK. Let’s just say, electronics second to none. CKRCCRAWLERS.COM really does define "Talks the talk and Walks the walk"! Futaba, JConcepts, DNA-RC, Tekin, and RC4WD thank you for your support. HOT BODIES RC, Thank you!
A special Thank You, to RCCRAWLER.COM and RCSHORTCOURSE.COM for the absolute best web-cast coverage of any r/c big event. Jason and Badger, displayed an award winning performance. Not to mention, Jason was signed up to drive and withdrew so that a driver who had his Jeep stolen with his crawler in it could compete. This is why I am so passionate in bringing the best comp experience to every driver who attends the AXIAL WEST COAST CHAMPIONSHIPS. It's hard to find such a great group of people who really want to take care of each other.
Speaking of great people, the Judges worked hard for two days and then drove what was left of their tails off. Thank you Jason G., SuperDave, Ryan G., Stuart G., Thom K., Willie D., Tim L., Cassie J., and all the volunteers that helped out, Bob T., Sh-No, and all the random "drivers" that I called upon for crowd control. A HUGE thanks goes out to the scorekeeper Mike B. He worked in the "Tent of Torture". It was a sauna in that tent and every time Mike came by for score sheets, he looked thinner and thinner.
One more Thank You, to the first ever AWCC trophy girl.
I can't wait for 2010. In it to win it in 2010! See everyone at Donner.

Parker

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 06-30-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

your gheyer then ghey brian! nice work!! see you soon!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Parker, We had an awesome time!! You guys put on a hell of an event for sure. It was nice to get out and meet some of you guys and catch up with some of the guys we have not seen in years. I will not miss another wcc as long as they are ran in this fashion....I sure had fun teasing you all weekend, its a shame the wife's rig caught on fire on your course a quick motor change and she was off..Thanks again guys you rule!!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Brian you put on one hell of an event! Courses were creative and fun! Parker's Wet Dream, I mean Novak's Nautical Nightmare has to be the coolest course I have ever driven, both days! And you're not too easy on your judges. They worked their asses off, in many cases hoofiing it 100 yards up hill to the start after each run! I'm definately going to have to attend some BPRC events in the near future!

Thanks again, Dave
Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy51 View Post
your gheyer then ghey brian! nice work!! see you soon!!!!

Careful, the r/c fag superhero needs a sidekick; "fuzzy scuzzy" could be a heck of a outfit...kinda like elmo on crack.

Thanks, see ya soon.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1\4elliptic toy View Post
Parker, We had an awesome time!! You guys put on a hell of an event for sure. It was nice to get out and meet some of you guys and catch up with some of the guys we have not seen in years. I will not miss another wcc as long as they are ran in this fashion....I sure had fun teasing you all weekend, its a shame the wife's rig caught on fire on your course a quick motor change and she was off..Thanks again guys you rule!!!!!

Are you kidding me, I'm glad her motor caught fire on my course, we had plenty of water to put it out with.

You and your gang came to play hard and you did. As long as there are drivers w/ that commitment, we'll be comping with the best of them.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsurf View Post
Thanks Brian you put on one hell of an event! Courses were creative and fun! Parker's Wet Dream, I mean Novak's Nautical Nightmare has to be the coolest course I have ever driven, both days! And you're not too easy on your judges. They worked their asses off, in many cases hoofiing it 100 yards up hill to the start after each run! I'm definately going to have to attend some BPRC events in the near future!

Thanks again, Dave

Thanks. You are correct, the judges did "DO WORK". FYI, 7-11-09, BPRCA RND 4. http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31111
Old 06-30-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
Trying to have Fun Again

Parker I had a blast even though my radio broke on the water course 15 1/2 hours of drive time to get there was well worth it. I will be back next year.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rockcrawler View Post
Parker I had a blast even though my radio broke on the water course 15 1/2 hours of drive time to get there was well worth it. I will be back next year.

Could it have broke from all the extra adrenaline due to Novak's Nautical Nitemare?

Can't wait, 390 something more days and counting.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #10
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Could it have broke from all the extra adrenaline due to Novak's Nautical Nitemare?

Can't wait, 390 something more days and counting.
No I think it got dropped when rigs and radios were moved up by others in line. Acted up on on the sand course and wouldn't center it self before I started the water course but ran any ways.

Run it till it breaks than fix it is what I do. Here is what happen to the radio:

Thanks for showing us the water stuff friday night. You sir are a crazy guy

Cory

Last edited by Red Rockcrawler; 07-01-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Careful, the r/c fag superhero needs a sidekick; "fuzzy scuzzy" could be a heck of a outfit...kinda like elmo on crack.

Thanks, see ya soon.
Holly shit that was the funniest thing I have seen all year!!!
and yes you do need a side kick.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

parker you are a crazy M.F.it was nice to meet you!

we had a great time and will definately be back next year. thanks to all the judges (you guys busted your butts all weekened) and all the event staff and sponsors that make these events even possible.

and long live the r/c fag superhero!!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

i knew it was going to be a good weekend when the first thing we saw was the r/c fag superhero and his fairy dust.

that was a great time, thanks to CKRC, BPRCA and everyone else that made it possible. can't wait till next year.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Parker, not much more i can say but THANKS!!! The wcc exceeded our imagination in fun and course layout. My son (unibomber) and I are used to your courses being hard as hell and that is why we love this game! I am so proud of Cole and his 7th place finish after only 3 1/2 months of crawlin! I really credit the wed. nite "crawl comps" with how well we both did. For a 13 year old to handle the presure of the "shoot out" the way he did is amazing. I was so nervous i wanted to PUKE! But he just plugged away and came out with a -7.

Cant wait for July 11th and the CKRC BPRCA round 4!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Thanks to you guys All that put this together..

This was by far the best time that Ive had in awhile at an RC function.
Proving that the crawling crowd has way more good times to offer than other segments of rc fagness...
Old 07-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #16
Keep it real

Yo Parker!!!! You know how I feel, always a GREAT time trying to keep from giving you points on those FUN courses. Technical, challenging, deceiving, crazy.....ultimately FUN!!! Glad I was able to make it down to participate with the great group of people who make up the world of RC Crawling.
Thanks for doing the hard work to make the event a success, and big thanks to the judges....wow, you guys are tough
Old 07-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

THANKS PARKER FOR EVERYTHING ! YOU MADE IT VERY ENTERTAINING. THANKS FOR ALL THE JUDGES AND HELPERS THAT WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF AND ALL THE SPONSORS FOR THEIR SUPPORT SEE YA SOON GUYS
Old 07-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #18
2006 2.2 National Champ

Wow, what an awesome event!! I personally had a bad weekend. But, still had so much fun seeing everyone again, and meeting new people.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this event a memorable one, volunteers, judges, sponsors, Donner Ski Ranch, Axial, CKRC, BPRCA, RCCrawler, RCShortCourse, Pro-Line, Novak, Vanquish, and anyone else I may have forgot.

A huge thanks to my sponsors too, Axial, Futaba, MaxAmps, Montana Scale Designs.

I posted a short write up on Axial's blog late yesterday afternoon.
http://axialracing.com/wordpress/200...championships/

Here's a few of the better pics we got, the rest are posted in the link above.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default constructive criticism

Had a fun time. location was way cool. have some constructive criticism though. The lines were terribly long. 4 hours wait to run a coarse was just too much. Less people or more judges running 2 at a time would have been way better. If you have a rule of soft coolers only.. You should follow it yourselfs. Fair is fair right. They were parker coarses so i exspected them to be long. It was a bit much though.. I would rather see harder shorter coarses. Really get people to think there way through it.. axial alley and novac nightmare were awsome just like what im talking about. the other 2 were pretty long. and not much thinking the way through. just alot of go fast as you can. But it was fun parker. Judges deffently were running there butts off.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

What a great event Parker, glad me & Cass could be part of it. I could certainly complain about the long days & not getting to see the courses before I got to run em but I know if I'd practiced a little more that certainly could've helped too! And watching you run the courses in the dark & just taking what the courses gave you was true sportmanship & inspiring to me. Hats off 2 U parker for pulling off the greatest rc fag crawlcomp ever! BTW I'm happy with my "top 20" finish & Cassie's #6 novice