Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: FLOODAPALOOZA err uh CRAWLAPALOOZA '09 RESULTS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

"...he said he didn't want to shake your hand. He said it was like you two were family."

thats cool to hear coming from a youngn.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #22
Moderator Rule Breaker

Gavin is one cool kid! One great driver too.

Hope you show him this thread.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #23
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
Gavin is one cool kid! One great driver too.

Hope you show him this thread.
Thank you Eric. Yes, I read him all the comments just minutes ago and he was smiling ear to ear . Now he's off playing legos with his sister
Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #24
RCC Addict

I agree with all the other guys Gavin is a great kid and driver.

It was good to meet you and Gavin, Two more good people in this hobby,and I had one SCALE of a time scaling with you two as well( before both trucks broke ).
Old 10-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #25
Ultimate RC Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Thanks Ric You and Carlos have really made an impression on him as well. I asked him later why he hugged you both before you guys left the Mexican restaurant and he said he didn't want to shake your hand. He said it was like you two were family.

hey man i just showed all the pics to my wife and she read this post and she got teary eyed with gavin's gesture. she remembered him right away from our last gathering at states. she says way to go gavin for a job well done at crawlapalooza!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #26
Old guy

I think if Gavin would have made the finals ,he would have won it. After the finals were ran and nobody made the last gate , I saw him put his rig down and drove right up it, picked it up and set it down and drove right up it again.

When he get his front teeth back there will be no stopping him. I proud of the way he drove.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #27
RCC Addict

there is no doubt that gavin is an awsome kid and driver, he has a loving father to coach him in the right direction in life. he did an awsome job at the comp, he has always done good at our local comps. i cant wait to see how well of a driver he becomes when he gets older. i think this has become gavins thread, lol. great job lil dude
Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

I'll tell ya bro, I got choked up with pride when he ran the coarse I was judging. He holds a special place in my heart. I look at him and you as family.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:29 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I can't wait for Tyler/Gavin II seeing both of those kids drive is something else!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #30
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
I think if Gavin would have made the finals ,he would have won it. After the finals were ran and nobody made the last gate , I saw him put his rig down and drove right up it, picked it up and set it down and drove right up it again.

When he get his front teeth back there will be no stopping him. I proud of the way he drove.
That is great to hear Ricky and thanks. I did not watch the finals and I normally do not watch or judge Gavin when he crawls at comps. I try and be very "hands off" with Gavin when it comes to crawling. He can drive very well when he is focused and into it. There were times, early on in the past where I gave him advice on course only to realize I was wrong. Keep in mind, he has been RC rock crawling since he was 5, almost 6 and his first crawler was an AX-10. So I let him do his thing and we teach other when we play at home and at our local comps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
there is no doubt that gavin is an awsome kid and driver, he has a loving father to coach him in the right direction in life. he did an awsome job at the comp, he has always done good at our local comps. i cant wait to see how well of a driver he becomes when he gets older. i think this has become gavins thread, lol. great job lil dude
Thank you Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
I'll tell ya bro, I got choked up with pride when he ran the coarse I was judging. He holds a special place in my heart. I look at him and you as family.
Thank you Shawn and the feeling is mutual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
I can't wait for Tyler/Gavin II seeing both of those kids drive is something else!
You beat me to it Fish. This was our first time meeting Tyler and he is a good boy. Joe and Mommabear have much to be proud of. It was a very good experience for Gavin to meet him as well. We have read about Tyler here on RCC and watched him last year on RCC TV in Moab for the Nationals. Tyler proved to be inspiration for Gavin because Tyler was driving a Super and Crawling on the National level. Tyler proved that youth could compete on the National level. Although Gavin has received a lot of kind words in this thread, Tyler deserves them as well. I judged Tyler on course 2 with both 2.2 and 1.9 and he did his thing. He ran both courses composed and focused and did well. I really hope that good young boys with quality character and driving ability will stay focused and involved in the hobby / sport like Tyler and Gavin.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

SUPER DAVE FTW!!!! Congrats and good work representing Oregon! Also congrats to Gainey for pulling in 4th!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

the results have disappeared!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #33
RCC Addict

When is this comp going down this year? Some circumstances are keeping me away from Nats this year, so I'm hoping to make it to this awesome event.

Later,
Farmer
Old 07-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
the results have disappeared!
The results are on an old computer that may or may not work anymore. Once I have the chance, I'll fire it up and we'll just see.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #35
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd22 View Post
The results are on an old computer that may or may not work anymore. Once I have the chance, I'll fire it up and we'll just see.
Lets hope it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Farmer View Post
When is this comp going down this year? Some circumstances are keeping me away from Nats this year, so I'm hoping to make it to this awesome event.

Later,
Farmer
I hope you make it. It's 8,9,10th of October.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #36
RCC Addict

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...za19Scores.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...uperScores.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...a22ScoresI.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...22ScoresII.jpg

Last edited by bbyrd22; 07-07-2010 at 05:54 PM.