Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Axial 2010 west coast championship series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark reel View Post
Is there anywhere to view who is signed up for the AWCC SOCAL comp?
Here:http://www.reconcrawlers.freeforums....ornia-f19.html
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
So......how do we get in on the LCQ?

Any East Coast Driver that would like an early sign up for the AWCC LCQ, pm me, please.

The AWCC has had a great following of East Coast Drivers and we are thankful and proud of those drivers accomplishments.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #63
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Any East Coast Driver that would like an early sign up for the AWCC LCQ, pm me, please.

The AWCC has had a great following of East Coast Drivers and we are thankful and proud of those drivers accomplishments.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
What about us Midwest guys.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
What about us Midwest guys.

Most certainly!

The Mid West has been harboring some of the best drivers in the country for a long time now and seeing what is coming out of the woodwork of the Ozarks is very impressive.

Do Work Mid-West Drivers and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
I would love to attend the Axial WCC for the 3rd time, but having to go through the LCQ will be a scheduling nightmare and huge financially burden.

Assuming the LCQ is Friday East Coasters will have to travel on Thursday. Compete Friday in the LCQ. My chance are 50/50 at best , I have to assume I might make till Sunday. Last flight Sunday leaves the area around 3-4 PM. Which mean I miss "watching" the Finals. That seems silly to go to an event and not stay top the end, so its another night in the hotel to leave on Monday.

Grand Total
4 nights in a hotel
3 days off work

Don't take this the wrong way because it is what it is. I think the idea is cool, but logistically its a nightmare for east coasters to attend
Old 12-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
I would love to attend the Axial WCC for the 3rd time, but having to go through the LCQ will be a scheduling nightmare and huge financially burden.

Assuming the LCQ is Friday East Coasters will have to travel on Thursday. Compete Friday in the LCQ. My chance are 50/50 at best , I have to assume I might make till Sunday. Last flight Sunday leaves the area around 3-4 PM. Which mean I miss "watching" the Finals. That seems silly to go to an event and not stay top the end, so its another night in the hotel to leave on Monday.

Grand Total
4 nights in a hotel
3 days off work

Don't take this the wrong way because it is what it is. I think the idea is cool, but logistically its a nightmare for east coasters to attend
First, Merry Christmas, Fishmax, and Happy New Year!

No Worries, yes the format used to be logistically challenging, for some, but for 2010 we have listened to the drivers concerns and in our continued effort to improve the "Big Comp" that started big comps, the format has been revamped.

As you know the r/c rock crawling community is constantly evolving and the AWCC will continue to set standards in providing a family friendly comp with one of the best driving experiences a driver can have.

This year, for the driver that wants to, can use the AWCC as a family vacation or as a "guys" weekend of r/c crawling. Thursday kicks off the AWCC adventure with an AXIAL meet and greet pancake breakfast; followed by a trail run up into the Sierra Mountains that will give a whole new perspective to the participants. Thursday afternoon will mark a first for the AWCC and there will be a scale event. Not to give away ALL the surprises, the scale event will consist of 4 courses, two in the afternoon and two at night. An AXIAL bbq will take place during the scale event for the scale drivers.

Friday, of course, is the LCQ. The LCQ and the qualifying rounds is a new and exciting format that ensures the drivers in the Championships are the best of the best. This is similar to having a shootout, but on a grander scale. The skill level of all the r/c crawlers have greatly improved and by adding a LCQ and Qualifiers, gives those talented drivers an opportunity to show case their skills.

Friday night will consist of a "Crawler Shin Dig". Saturday is the Championships with the awards ceremony shortly after the last driver is off course.

Sunday is travel day, just for the reasons you stated and other drivers have expressed the samething. This should help with scheduling and overall cost. Cost is another area that was changed. The AWCC entry fee has been lowered, without sacrificing the quality of the Championship.

The dates of all the events have already been posted so that drivers have time to schedule their 2010 r/c crawling season. We would love to see you at the 2010 Axial West Coast Championships and I feel that this Championship is a "can't miss" event of 2010, but we understand if you can't make it and hopefully this East Coast concern is just for some, not all.

I let some "surprises" out of the bag, but in my book, the drivers come first! The driver experience during the 2010 Axial West Coast Championship Series will be second to none. All the event sponsors, supporters, and drivers expect the best and that is my job to deliver!

My 2010 new years resolution is to give the competitive r/c rock crawler the best that I can! The best events, the best recognition, the best courses, the best competition!

Happy Holidays from R.E.C.O.N. and all its Chapter Clubs,

Parker.

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 12-25-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

no top 25 to sunday for another day of comping ??
Old 12-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:

My 2010 new years resolution is to give the competitive r/c rock crawler the best that I can! The best events, the best recognition, the best courses, the best competition!

Parker.
I love your New Years Resolution and look forward to another great year of comping with you Parker, Hopefully I can qualify for AWCC at Lake Amador
Old 12-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker
Sunday is travel day, just for the reasons you stated and other drivers have expressed the samething.
Parker,

The changes will defintely make it easier on those who need to be back at work on Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKCAD View Post
Can't be both a travel day & Top 25 Day

Quick question....want exactly are the diffrent ways a driver can qualify for the WCC?

I know one way is Top 10 from one of the 4x qualifiers, and its the any other way?

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 12-27-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: fixed beer induced grammer
Old 12-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Quote:

Quick question....want exactly MUST are the ways a driver can qualify for the WCC?
Edit please. Parker speaks American
Old 12-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Originally Posted by ROCKCAD

dates must be wrong then flyer says june 25- 27, 2010,, thats fri, sat. and sunday.

a few post back says thurs- scale day
friday--lcq day
sat. --comp day

just thought it would be like last years format.

Last edited by ROCKCAD; 12-26-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quick question....want exactly MUST are the ways a driver can qualify for the WCC?

I know one way is Top 10 from one of the 4x qualifiers, and its the any other way?[/QUOTE]

reading the flyer. it says:

top 10 from 5 qualifiers
top 20 from lcq
top 5 from overall recon
Old 12-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
Yes but does he speak the malt beverage dialect
Old 12-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

top 10 from 5 qualifiers
top 20 from lcq
top 5 from overall recon

Thats mean 75 possible positions. I say possible because more than likely some will be redundant qualifiers.

I am betting some drivers will be skilled enough to qualify multiple times.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #75
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:

that's the plan
Old 12-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #76
AKA 2G's

Do the top five from the 09 comp get a invite??
Old 12-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
that's the plan
Hopefully 4 of the 5 spots you tie up will be available for me and my fellow LCQ Drivers
Old 12-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Quick question....want exactly are the diffrent ways a driver can qualify for the WCC?

I know one way is Top 10 from one of the 4x qualifiers, and its the any other way?
1. Qualify in the top 10 overall at any one of the AWCCQ's. (note: A driver may attend more than one qualifier and there just may be an "ironman" award for the driver that attends the most qualifiers, but a driver can only qualify once. If a driver repeats a top ten finish, his finish will show for the event, but the invite goes to the next driver.

2. LCQ. (Last Chance Qualifier)

3. RECON Adventure Series, (R.A.S.) The top 5 recieves a invite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
Communication is power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKCAD

dates must be wrong then flyer says june 25- 27, 2010,, thats fri, sat. and sunday.

a few post back says thurs- scale day
friday--lcq day
sat. --comp day

just thought it would be like last years format.
No top 25 on Sunday. There are 5 courses for 2010; Drivers, DO WORK!

Quote:

I

top 10 from 5 qualifiers
top 20 from lcq
top 5 from overall recon[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is correct.

Quote:
Yes but does he speak the malt beverage dialect
Sho' do, (hic-up),

Quote:
Thats mean 75 possible positions. I say possible because more than likely some will be redundant qualifiers.

No redundancies. Every AWCCQ is a comp in its self and just becuase you qualify at one, doesn't mean you can't attend the others, we encourage it. Every Qualifier is at a unique location through out the West and with the local clubs envolvement, the Qualifiers are going to be off the chart for FUN!!!!!

If there is a driver that repeats a top ten finish, the driver that has not earned an invite, recieves one.

i.e. Joe Driver wins Q-1. Joe Driver wins Q-2, but second thru eleventh did not attent Q-1, then second thru eleventh recieves invites, because Joe Driver qualified at Q-1.

-Parker
Old 12-29-2009, 11:46 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

haha see ya guys there!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #80
RCC Addict

Hope to see everyone at a couple of the events Looks like some fun times ahead, can't wait.