Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Axial 2010 west coast championship series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial 2010 west coast championship series

The AXIAL West Coast Championships are BACK! This time, the AWCC is bigger and better and badder than ever before. Drivers are in to win in 2010!

AXIAL continues to turn the r/c crawling community upside down with their innovative products and the format for the AWCC will do the same.

Let's start with the 2.2 Sport Class. The Sport Driver is just a step below Pro. These drivers are big on talent and prove that by competiting with no dig. This year the Sport Class will be a "shafty" only class and of course, no dig. Do Work, Sport Drivers!

The 2.2 Pro Class this year will have a sub-class, the 2.2 Pro Shafty Class. Oh My! Here's the skinny, 2.2 Pros' will all compete for the overall win with the only difference being is that the top 3 pro shafty drivers will receive podium awards.

For example, Driver "A" is a 2.2 pro shafty competitor, Driver "A" finishes 6th overall, but Driver "A" is the first shafty driver, thus Driver "A" finishes First 2.2 Pro Shafty and 6th overall. Driver “A” will receive a First Place award for the Pro Shafty Class and nothing for 6th overall.

If Driver "A" finishes first overall, then Driver "A" would be First 2.2 Pro Shafty and 1st overall, thus winning awards for 2.2 pro shafty AND first overall awards.

The Championships will be the best of the best drivers from across the country. Every driver that competes in the AWCC will have earned his/her way there by qualifying. A driver can qualify several ways and here they are.

First, with ORCRC's professionals and dedicated drivers, last years AXIAL West Coast Championship Qualifier at Lucia Falls was a HUGE success. For 2010, there are 5 qualifiers in 4 different states. Each Qualifier is limited to 60 drivers. The top 10 overall drivers from the 2.2 Sport and the 2.2 Pro Classes will receive an invite. First Place overall winners will receive a paid invite.

The 2010 AWCC will have a LCQ comp the day before the Championships. The LCQ will be limited to a driving field of 80. The top 20 overall finishers will earn a spot in the Championships with the first place finisher earning a paid invite.

The R.A.S. Series will be awarding invites to the top 5 overall finishers. The first place finisher will receive a paid invite plus more. Check out the R.A.S. Series for the complete prize list.

The entry fee for the AWCC is $50.00. The Qualifiers entry fee is $25.00. For those drivers that earn an invite, the balance of the AWCC entry fee is due when the Championships registration is opened and you confirm your attendance. LCQ drivers are the same entry as a Qualifier, $25.00 with the balance due after you earn your invite. If you competed in any of the 5 qualifiers and did not earn an invite, there is no LCQ entry fee required, but space may be limited due to the fact that the LCQ will be open to drivers that did not compete in a Qualifier, first, this includes all states east of Crawlorado, (Colorado) and west of the Atlantic Ocean. Then registration will open up for Drivers who attended a Qualifier. Good Luck to all the Drivers who seek an invite for the AWCC. The “Big Comp” that put the “B-I-G” in comps.

Thanks to RockCandyRCC, the highest finishing Female Driver will receive an Axial RockCandy award. I know for a fact, there are some great West Coast Female Drivers that on any given day can finish on top of the podium. Do Work, RockCandy Drivers!

Don’t stop digesting, yet, there’s more. At every qualifier, there will be an AXIAL Scale Trail run set up for everyone with a scaler. There will be demo’s hosted by local area hobby shops of all the latest and greatest AXIAL products, such as the new “Honcho”. There will be an AXIAL “Drivers” lunch for the competitors. And if that’s not enough, there will be finishing prizes for all competitors! What this means is, wherever a driver finishes, the driver will receive a prize.

Thank you and let the sign-ups begin. All AXIAL West Coast Championship Qualifiers are open for pre-registration and you can register at RECONCRAWLERS.COM. Please select the pay-pal button that corresponds with the Qualifier that you want to attend. A driver may compete in more than one Qualifier, but an entry fee is required for each Qualifier.

We are excited to bring you, the r/c crawler, a new and exciting take on competition. AXIAL supports R.E.C.O.N. and together with the following r/c clubs; OCRCRC, 4CRC2, 801RCC, ORCRC, and CCRC, and along with the support of RCCRAWLER.COM and the USRCCA, the 2010 AXIAL West Coast Championship Series will reach new heights in driver satisfaction.

Competition is an adventure, start your adventure with an AWCCQ near you.

-Paker
Attached Images

Last edited by BENDER; 01-08-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Let the games begin
Old 12-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

LAKE AMADOR hear i come
Old 12-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
Oliver Custom Knives

All of us at 4cRc2 are stoked about hosting the #2 Qualifier of the AWCC. We are the closest one to the east coast and expect this to be an awesome showing of talent. As always Parker puts on a kick azz event and this one will be no exception.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Boo Hisss...the closest AWCCQ option for the east coasters is in New Mexico.:-(:-(:-P

Be cool if there was a qualifier that was truly on the east coast. Oh well, maybe next year.

Sounds like fun Parker!! You always run a good show!! Good luck with the event, I probably wouldnt be able to make it anyway.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
Boo Hisss...the closest AWCCQ option for the east coasters is in New Mexico.:-(:-(:-P

Be cool if there was a qualifier that was truly on the east coast. Oh well, maybe next year.

Sounds like fun Parker!! You always run a good show!! Good luck with the event, I probably wouldnt be able to make it anyway.
That's why it's called the West Coast Championships....
Old 12-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
All of us at 4cRc2 are stoked about hosting the #2 Qualifier of the AWCC. We are the closest one to the east coast and expect this to be an awesome showing of talent. As always Parker puts on a kick azz event and this one will be no exception.
Thanks DwaneO, Axial and I are pumped to be working with some of the best r/c clubs in the Nation to bring Drivers an epic series, but I can't do it alone. Events are made great by the volunteers, judges, and drivers and I can tell this, I have been fortunate to work with some of the best people in the r/c crawling community.

Quote:

Ahhhh, young Turbofest, we must have had the same "Flashfoward"! Your request is noted and Thank you. I can't wait to share more course time with you and your "wild" bunch. Wish them all Happy Holidays for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
WORD TO YO TWIN STICKS, SUKKA.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Ahhhh, young Turbofest, we must have had the same "Flashfoward"! Your request is noted and Thank you. I can't wait to share more course time with you and your "wild" bunch. Wish them all Happy Holidays for me.
Will do...and to you and yours as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis
:-P:-P

ok, no more thread jack...

Sounds like an awesome event...DO WORK DRIVERS!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
Y-Town Crawlers

Do work drivers!!

I'm 4 for 4 at Corona Del Mar so far

See you on the rocks
Old 12-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

fantastic, corona del mar is one of my favorite crawl spots, and i tend to do pretty well there... and now that I have some time to practice...

so ladies, who am I going to be fighting off for that rockcandy award? it's going to be a fun battle... and i'll probably get my ass handed to me, but it'll be fun either way .
Old 12-10-2009, 05:27 AM   #11
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
fantastic, corona del mar is one of my favorite crawl spots, and i tend to do pretty well there... and now that I have some time to practice...

so ladies, who am I going to be fighting off for that rockcandy award? it's going to be a fun battle... and i'll probably get my ass handed to me, but it'll be fun either way .
I think you will be the Rockcandy girl.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:49 AM   #12
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post

Becky (Holy Roller) will be there. Hopefully we can make it to the NM comp to try to qualify if not then it looks like we will have to head to UTAH.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
Becky (Holy Roller) will be there. Hopefully we can make it to the NM comp to try to qualify if not then it looks like we will have to head to UTAH.
awesome!! we'll be in utah too! I hope you guys make it to that one, that's always such a fun comp.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Is that Brandon Mr. Axial in the Picture?
Old 12-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #15
ghetto fabulous newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
Is that Brandon Mr. Axial in the Picture?
Sure looks like it to me.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I can't wait for this one!
I have been wanting to hit the AWCC since the first one!

you can count on seeing us there in UTAH!
I will be judging and looking to earn my spot into the BIG show!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Quote:
So we should not allow West coast guys to run in the ECC then unless you run a LCQ the day before?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #18
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post

So we should not allow West coast guys to run in the ECC then unless you run a LCQ the day before?
No, I just have to get to a qualifier on your side of the world

I'm interested in how this part is going to work?
Since you can run multiple classes(shafty and MOA)and they will be on the same courses I assume, you'll be getting to prerun with your first rig, unless they are separate courses?:?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I'm interested in how this part is going to work?
Since you can run multiple classes(shafty and MOA)and they will be on the same courses I assume, you'll be getting to prerun with your first rig, unless they are separate courses?:?
can't run both moa and shafty. only one class pro 2.2

looks like they just have top 3 awards for top 3 shafty rigs
Old 12-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

So your going to fly here twice then?