Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Congrats to the Driver's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
ALL the drivers in the overall voted to have the finals not count.
That seems like the only fair way to handle something like that....since not all drivers are included in a finals course.

So, it will be the same at Nationals, correct?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
That seems like the only fair way to handle something like that....since not all drivers are included in a finals course.

So, it will be the same at Nationals, correct?
INCORRECT

The way it will be handled at National has NOT been decided.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
INCORRECT

The way it will be handled at National has NOT been decided.
Good deal. Thanks for the info....
Old 07-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #24
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
last thing i'm gonna say is I guarantee most people didn't know about this rule change,
You are 100% wrong, I personally talked to all of the drivers that this effected. They all knew about it.

Quote:
rules seem to change alot as the comp goes on i'm learning.
I am sure you have seen a ton in your 7 months of being involved here, however I can tell you that is not the case.

Quote:
So maybe it should've been announced PRIOR, just seems odd that this only came up on Sunday after he had it in the bag and nobody else had a chance.
The situation was brought to my attention by our score keeper, I simply pulled all the drivers together, let them know about it and asked them what they thought would be the right thing to do about it.

Quote:
Also take into consideration that Jay still had his super courses to run when the decision was made.
Everyone still had their courses to run, I did this first thing in the morning.

Quote:
....anyone think that might have affected his performance and also his score for supers..........maybe????????? It's kinda hard to drive when you just got screwed.
It's hard to say, I would guess though that Jay has been competing in RC long enough to be able to shake something off and do his best regardless.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Total Score of ALL SCORES Combined (INCLUDING FINALS)

SDS -21(1.9) + 36(2.2) + 28(SUPER) = 43
JRob -40(1.9) + -33(2.2) + 171(SUPER) = 98

The way its was scored SDS had a 54 point lead, and if you count the Finals SDS had a 55 point lead....whats confusing about that?

How did that 1x point difference confuse you?
This argument actually came about when Jay had a 65+ point lead over everyone else because of finals. I did not have any clue on final scores until last night.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattymojo View Post
This argument actually came about when Jay had a 65+ point lead over everyone else because of finals. I did not have any clue on final scores until last night.

No problem

I didn't know anything until I read James003's comments that made significant accusations towards the validity of the overall result. He got my curiosity up. I decided to do calculations based on results posted publicly, as result I was totally confused. I talked Jason, and he explained the situation. However I am still confused by James' statments.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I was in the drivers meeting and it was unanimous. If Jay had a problem he would have said something. Jay was cool as a cucumber I don't know why other people are just now bringing this up. It was seen as fair by all. Also Jay didn't think he would make super shootout, which would have negated any advantage by allowing shootout scores into the overall running.

I think it makes the most sense to just do the overall by the courses ran by everyone personally.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

No problem

I didn't know anything until I read James003's comments that made significant accusations towards the validity of the overall result. He got my curiosity up. I decided to do calculations based on results posted publicly, as result I was totally confused. I talked Jason, and he explained the situation. However I am still confused by James' statments.
Well, many people felt as james did/does. Its not until hashing it out like this that the issue gets resolved As far as his comment about the rules changing, this was my 1st comp on this scale. But i did notice on 1 occasion that a rule had been voiced and that rule was then broken with no repercussion.

James is a really cool guy, and Jay is a local that does anything and everything he can to help us out. So im sure you can understand that we were/are in his corner for him to win, and with the understanding we had of the situation, we were fired up. All's well that ends well, dont hold any hard feelings
Old 07-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I know Jay he and I have comped together 3 or 4 times. In fact I gave a special invite to ECC this year because I felt it would make the event better with him there. I was right.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattymojo View Post
But i did notice on 1 occasion that a rule had been voiced and that rule was then broken with no repercussion.

Strong words, back that up with facts please.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #31
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post
Strong words, back that up with facts please.
Hey you got home quick, did you have a good trip?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Wow, what a weekend!
For those who missed this event you have no ideal what you missed. I can't believe it didn't sale out. Red Rocks is amazing from the breath taken views to sand paper like rock, it almost feels fake there's so much traction. This is got to be the best rock on the planet for what we do.

The comp was great again this year, very tough course's to challenge all. Thank you to Jason, Badger, Patrick, Tyler, Judges and anyone else that risk there life out there for our enjoyment.

Once again I feel thankful to be apart of the group of guys on the team: Greg, Shane, Woodie, Andy, Rene, Nick, Super Dave, Lars, Bryan and Mini. Lets not forget about Mr. VP himself Steve Brown for bringing us water, I'm sure we would have died if not for him. Hanging out on and off the course with you guys is why I make these trips. Thank you for what you guys do.

Thank you to these company's for there help:
TCS
VP
T1E
SDS Customs
CRAWLER INNOVATIONS
RCInnovations
Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Grats on your win Rockshow It was a pleasure to meet you. You were really cool, and thank you for offering set up advice on my T1E without me even asking you.

I also want to thank Renoirbud, I also appreciate the help...and hook up, for my steering set up. It's much better now.

You guys both offer a great product for sure.