Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: 2011 axial west coast championships

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
ATTENTION DRIVERS, updates have be finalized and posted one page 1.

I am very excited about this years AWCC. The event staff that we have is second to none and their passion for comp hospitality and hosting events is second to none.

Drivers this year are in for an unbelievable comp adventure. From exciting new course formats to scale r/c pandimonium; the 2011 Axial West Coast Championships continues to enivate, inspirate, and crown champions who dominate the r/c crawling world.

WOW- Sucks to here that this could have been the AWCC that it used to be(several years ago) with all three of the USRCCA comp. classes(at a USRCCA qualifier). I guess it will be a one class comp event with several classes of scale comp. Not to say that it wont still be a good time, just not a true USRCCA qualifying event. Since most that go to the qualifying events look to get drive time in two of the three or all three of the nationally recognized classes.

Parker-sad to see this isnt going to go the direction originally posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCo Crawlgirl View Post
VERY upset that 1.9 and supers have been dropped from the AWCC, just bought tickets for long beach so I could qualify for 1.9 and super at the AWCC
I couldnt agree with you more.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #102
RcBros Hobbies

Looks like I'll be saving my coins and vacation time for Nationals instead.

I'll still attend the qualifier but may drop my 1.9 entry.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

Im also incredibly disappointed about 1.9 and supers.
Its a bit close to the event to cancel a fairly large portion of the event, with no explanation.

Don't get me wrong, I am still very excited to attend, but I have to agree with John about a USRCCA nationals qualifier not offering 2/3 of the classes that people want to qualify in for nationals...

I have no doubt this will be a great event, and I am, as always, really looking forward to it. Just disappointed about the sudden turn of events.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Wow this blows. I decided to skip battlegrounds for this, and now no supers and 1.9?!?!?! I'm glad I haven't bought my plane ticket yet. No supers is a deal killer for me. Looks like scalers took over super and 1.9 for Friday. Thats a shame.

Is this a USRCCA sanctioned Championship for the west coast, or a big ass scale event with a little comp crawling thrown in???

Whats the point of a USRCCA points series if Comps aren't running all three classes.?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
Wow this blows. I decided to skip battlegrounds for this, and now no supers and 1.9?!?!?! I'm glad I haven't bought my plane ticket yet. No supers is a deal killer for me. Looks like scalers took over super and 1.9 for Friday. Thats a shame.

Is this a USRCCA sanctioned Championship for the west coast, or a big ass scale event with a little comp crawling thrown in???

Whats the point of a USRCCA points series if Comps aren't running all three classes.?

Shelby- I have to agree with you whole heartedly. We all spend alot of money to attend all of the series events. It would suck for someone to have to spend all of the money to get to a event to only run in one class just to stay up in the series. Its "BS" in my opinion. If I wasnt a top contender in the series, and at big events I would look at droping the envent from my roster in favor of another event that offered all of the classes. I know that Axial doesnt support the other 2 classes, if that is the reasoning for dropping them this close to the event then they should maybe think about holding an Axial event and let someone fill the USRCCA national qualifying event slot that wants to support all three classes
Old 04-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #106
RcBros Hobbies

I feel like there going the way of losi....
Old 04-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post

I agree too. I dropped going to the indoor comp in Indiana and Battle grounds just to save and try to attend. I had never been but Steve from Vanquish had mr talked into coming to this one. What a bummer that the format has changed from previously posted.

Now let's see what I can do about battle grounds and Colorado!!

Last edited by yukon635; 04-29-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS Customz View Post
Shelby- I have to agree with you whole heartedly. We all spend alot of money to attend all of the series events. It would suck for someone to have to spend all of the money to get to a event to only run in one class just to stay up in the series. Its "BS" in my opinion. If I wasnt a top contender in the series, and at big events I would look at droping the envent from my roster in favor of another event that offered all of the classes. I know that Axial doesnt support the other 2 classes, if that is the reasoning for dropping them this close to the event then they should maybe think about holding an Axial event and let someone fill the USRCCA national qualifying event slot that wants to support all three classes

I know John. I really hope this isn't an attempt to showcase their scaler's (especially the new one that is coming out around the same time), in lou of running 1.9 and Supers.

This event is supposed to be a national qualifier, and it seems that from the beginning that advertising scalers has been Axial's top priority with this event.

Come on guys. You drop supers and 1.9, and add scale in the same time spot? What are we supposed to think. There are 3 scale classes and 1 USRCCA class. Three days of scale competition and 2 days of USRCCA competition. Seems more like a scale event than national's qualifier to me.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #109
Y-Town Crawlers

Wow, that is a big change. I was really looking forward to being able to run all 3 classes at this event.

I can understand the reasoning behind the decision, but with this being a USRCCA event, I would expect to be able to run all of my trucks, including the scalers
Old 04-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #110
Rock Crawler

At least there still doing 2.2 on Saturday it was originally scheduled for Sunday with scalers on Saturday.
I probably won't be attending. I can't find any lcq info and it's getting too close.
See everyone in Colorado.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

This comp wasnt on my scedule for this season so this doesnt really effect me to much...but I'm still extremely surprised that this event is being considered a USRCCA qualifier and isnt supporting the 3 classes being run at Nationals.

I feel bad for all of you 3 class contenders. If I had commited to goin to this comp i would be furious with this change.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #112
no talent hack

Last year they took 30 + from lcq iirc. Youre a good enough driver where you shouldn't have a problem getting in the top 5 of lcq josh

You got to figure its going to be atleast a 75 driver field. If everyone shows up, thats 40 from the qualifiers, 10 people from axial, and the top 10 from ecc. That leaves 15 spots open from lcq, more if people don't show, and even more if the cap is over 75

Last edited by Nabil; 04-29-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
ATTENTION DRIVERS, updates have be finalized and posted one page 1.

and crown champions who dominate the r/c crawling world.

Looks like we will just crown who shows up, instead of drawing in top drivers from across the Nation. Doesnt look like the USRCCA top contenders are to interested in coming for a scalefest. Isnt that what scale nationals is for? Yes I will be attending that one, though I intended to go to that one as a scale event. Not paying to go to a comp event and end up at a scale event.

Last edited by SDS Customz; 04-29-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #114
AKA 2G's

Man, Im glade i did'nt buy a plane ticket yeat. I would of been PO'd. What happen,First it's a scale comp then its a real comp with all three classes now it's back to a scale comp? You know i love you Parker but what give's my brother? Im not spending $500-$600 on a comp that im only getting to drive in one class, Not me.

JASON Where are you, How can this be a USRCCA National Qualifyer with out all three class'es? Im not 100% but didnt Battle grounds only have 2.2 last year? This year there having 1.9 and super so that thay could be in the USRCCA National Qualifyer??
Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86jeep View Post
JASON Where are you, How can this be a USRCCA National Qualifyer with out all three class'es? Im not 100% but didnt Battle grounds only have 2.2 last year? This year there having 1.9 and super so that thay could be in the USRCCA National Qualifyer??

Battle Grounds did in fact ADD Super and 1.9 from last year
Old 04-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #116
Quarry Creeper

wow i think iam sitting this one out and saving the founds for a better comp. i would be diffrent if it was still on the mtn. but just to run 2.2
in the camp ground no thanks.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

this really is discouraging news....

i will still be attending but i guess now i will have to build a scaler to make it worth the expense.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Does anyone remember how many Supers and 1.9 entries there were at AWCC last year? I looked for the results, but didn't see them.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
Does anyone remember how many Supers and 1.9 entries there were at AWCC last year? I looked for the results, but didn't see them.
they were not run at last years event.

this is part of the reason i and i do believe many others were especially looking forward to this years event running all three classes.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #120
RCC Addict

Thanks, I thought I was losing it because I could not remember seeing them last year.