Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: 2011 axial west coast championships

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 2011 axial west coast championships

2011 EVENT FORMAT UPDATE:
There will be no 1.9 or Super comp at 2011 AWCC

The 2011 Axial West Coast Championships will be contested in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains, once again at Cisco Grove Campgrounds June 24th-26th, 2011.

Everyone knows that the Axial West Coast Championships is more than just a comp, this is family getaway! Come early and bring the off road toys, fishing poles or hiking boots and enjoy exploring the local mountains. Don’t forget the GPS and hunt for some great geocaches. Bring your XR10 Comp Rig and SCX10 Scale’r and challenge yourself in what is sure to be one of the most challenging Comp & Scale events for 2011.

2.2 COMP EVENT INFO [Friday & Saturday]
The 2011 AWCC has a similar format as the 2010 season with Drivers having to qualify for a spot in the line up on Championship day. These qualifiers are the Arizona Copperstate Crawloff hosted by PARC, the Shamrock Showdown hosted by 801RCC, the Long Beach Qualifier hosted by ORCRC and WPRCCA, and the R.E.C.O.N. West Coast Qualifier hosted by R.E.C.O.N. Crawlers. 

The Axial West Coast Championships has crowned R/C crawling champions from all over the country and in 2011, the East Coast R/C crawler will have a chance to earn a guaranteed spot in the AWCC.

For the first time ever, the two biggest Championships in the country will be giving the top 10 drivers invites for Championship day. What that means is, this years top 10 overall drivers from the 2011-ECC will be in the hunt for the 2011-AWCC title and the top 10 overall drivers from the 2011-AWCC will have spots in the 2012 East Coast Championships. There will always be a friendly rivalry between East and West R/C rock crawlers and now those drivers can show the country who is most talented!

I am honored to announce the 2011 AWCC Marshalls;

Brad "Bender" Dumont, Andy "csmcgyver" Zuber, Ron "hondo" Mesa, Tom "cruizon illusion" Barger, & Parker "DRIVNMF". In case of a marshall call for any of the above mentioned Marshalls, Ryan "rbgerrish" Gerrish and Scott "squirrel" Hughes will be substitute Marshalls.

2011 Axial West Coast Championship - Comp schedule:

June 24th 2011 - Friday…………2.2 LCQ.

June 25th 2011 - Saturday…….2.2 Championships w/Awards dinner and Awards Presentation.

Axial drivers finishing 1st-3rd place will be awarded special prizes.

Axial Scale Challenge at 2011 AWCC [Saturday & Sunday]

The 2011 AWCC will host the Axial Scale Challenge comprised of both the famous RECON G6 Challenge and Tuff Truck Competition. No qualification needed - just sign up!

Axial Racing continues to bring the R/C rock crawler new and exciting events. Participants and bystanders at the 2010 AWCC witnessed the first Axial Scale Day. Drivers who participated were treated to TTC styles challenges with 3 driving stages that tested a R/C scaler’s driving ability while pushed their rig to new capabilities. If you did not have a chance to participate in the scale activities, but heard about all the fun, seen all the pictures, and witnessed the aftermath... Relax! IT’S BACK and it’s BIGGER!

The 2011 Axial West Coast Championships is one of the best comps for R/C crawlers - period! But, now R/C Scaler’s too can rejoice! Axial has unshackled the madd scientist from the chains of scaleistic-sanity to bring the G6 Challenge in conjunction with TTC to the 2011 AWCC! The 2011 Axial Scale Challenge is a truly unique experience that you do not want to miss participating in! 

The 2011 Axial Scale Challenge will start Friday evening with Stage #1 of the RECON G6 Challenge. This stage time will be the first of several scale challenges that will continue on Saturday night and Sunday. Sunday will be a scale driver’s paradise with several TTC style challenges that must be survived to complete Stage #3 of the G6 Challenge.

2011 Axial West Coast Championship - SCX10 Scale Challenge schedule:

June 24th 2011 – Friday …………..............…G6 Challenge Stage #1 

June 25th 2011 - Saturday NIGHT……………..G6 Challenge Stage #2 - night stage
June 26th 2011 - Sunday………..……............G6 TT Stages and G6 Challenge Stage #3

Scale Challenge participants must meet the requirements of each scale class to recieve special Axial awards/prizes.

G6 / SCX-10 Scale Challenge Classes.

- Modifieds

I am honored to once again to be part of such a great event. From the get go, I want to thank Axial Inc’s; Jeff Johns, Matt Kearney, Rodney Wills, Brad “Bender” Dumont, Scott Hughes, Brandon Coonce, and the rest of the Axial Team for their support! Without the help from the AWCC volunteers, this great event would not be what it is today. Thank you Stuart Gartner, Brad & Cole Bailey, John Riplinger, John Halman, all the members of WPRCCA (I love you guys), and every Nor-Cal driver who puts rubber to rock or has ever helped judge, keep up the good work, I’m proud of all of you who are passionate and willing to show others how much fun R/C crawling is.

Axial Racing is the only R/C manufacturer to back an entire series of qualifiers that leads up to a championship and last year, with the help of OCRCRC, SDRCRC, 4CRC2, 801RCC, ORCRC, WPRCCA, CCRC, NCVRCC, and RECON Crawlers the AWCCQ Series was second to none, due to the fact that all the great people that make up all these R/C clubs were the utmost professionals and went above and beyond to ensure that every driver had a great time. Dwayne Oliver, Nabil Jamali, Curtis Miller, Ryan Gerrish, Ron Mesa, Dan Bowes, and Amer Sahtout are just some of the drivers that make a difference in the quality of any competition. Whether it’s on the local level or playing a key role in the Axial West Coast Championships; their efforts are an asset to all drivers.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to pm and I will see you at the 2011 Axial West Coast Championships, until then keep having fun and support those that support our great hobby/sport.

-Brian Parker / Axial Team Driver & AWCC Event Coordinator
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

ABOUT AWCC:
The Axial West Coast Championship [AWCC] is an annual event where radio controlled hobby enthusiast gather, specifically those interested in the sport of competition rock crawling. While the event is both timed, scored and awarded first through third place for three different classes, this event is more of a festival where the whole family is invited. The AWCC event is held in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains at the Cisco Grove Camp Grounds nestled in the Donner Summit. The AWCC takes over the 406-site campground as many of the AWCC competitors make this a vacation, coming early bringing off road vehicles exploring the campgrounds OHV trail access to adventure. Yes, this is a LIFESTYLE and R/C is an extension of that lifestyle!

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 07-12-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added Marshalls
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Im glad to see that priorities have been straightened out.
Might actually have a good turn out.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Like Parker always says, it doesnt matter if we have 3 or 300 drivers we will have a good comp and a good time!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I'll be there! Camera and Crawler in hand.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
Oliver Custom Knives

Thanks Parker .
Old 02-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Night stage for the G6? I like the sound of this. Glad I already have my leds in full effect.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #7

Parker you are the man! I'm loving the new schedule, especially the G6 night stage!!! I may have to make this event after all
Old 02-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
Im glad to see that priorities have been straightened out.
Might actually have a good turn out.
x2. Glad to see you guys are finally supporting all classes. Only thing thats kept me from making it out there.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

parker, fix the dates on the scale challenge schedule you made me think for a second.

you know i'll be there, now if i can just qualify for saturday
Old 02-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #10
no talent hack

im in!!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

OH MY!!! I'm gonna be Buuuuuusssssssyyyy! Might have to bring the old Sony camcorder that has legit night vision and the infrared booster for the night time action, too bad it won't be in HD. I hope three cameras will be enough to catch all the different rigs! I can't wait and to say I'm excited to get this event on film is an understatement.

Thanks Parker and the Axial Crew
Old 02-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #12
AKA 2G's

Much better Parker, me likey . Going to try and make it now.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shot-N-The Dark View Post
I'll be there! Camera and Crawler in hand.

You might be living up to your screen name, literally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
Thanks Parker .
Anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
parker, fix the dates on the scale challenge schedule you made me think for a second.

you know i'll be there, now if i can just qualify for saturday
The El Presidenta of the PLE Co. has jokes...I can't wait to see your lighting system. BTW, your snatch block is holding up to all the abuse I can throw at it; Thank you for a cool scale acc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM DEBEAD View Post
OH MY!!! I'm gonna be Buuuuuusssssssyyyy! Might have to bring the old Sony camcorder that has legit night vision and the infrared booster for the night time action, too bad it won't be in HD. I hope three cameras will be enough to catch all the different rigs! I can't wait and to say I'm excited to get this event on film is an understatement.

Thanks Parker and the Axial Crew
GIIIIRRRRRRLLLLL, you is right! I am jonesing for another TEAM DEBEAD motion picture, but I want you to do some driving, too. I like it when a rock candy driver lays the smack down on chasinbaja.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-hills4x4 View Post
im in!!
Great driving at Copperstate, So-Cal cleaned up those rocks with a psunami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
x2. Glad to see you guys are finally supporting all classes. Only thing thats kept me from making it out there.
Thank you, we are a "full service" RCCrawler National Qualifier for 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86jeep View Post
Much better Parker, me likey . Going to try and make it now.
Oh my, I'm not sure if you could handle the rocks out here; I'm just saying, I know everything is "bigger" in Texas, but we gots rocks out here, son!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Just to clarify, I don't need to do the LCQ at AWCC because of placing 2nd at the Copperstate Crawloff?

Thanks Parker
Old 02-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Just to clarify, I don't need to do the LCQ at AWCC because of placing 2nd at the Copperstate Crawloff?

Thanks Parker
That is correct, Travis, you and the rest of the top 10 have earned your invites to Saturdays Big Show, the 2011 Axial West Coast Championships.

We will see you in June, good luck.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Cool, thanks Parker.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #18
RCC Addict

When is the Nor-Cal Qualifier going to be?
Old 02-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
RCC Addict

It's going to be interesting
Old 02-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting Dragon View Post
When is the Nor-Cal Qualifier going to be?
Only time will tell and you'll be the first to know, that is as long as your online when I post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
It's going to be interesting
"interesting" may be putting lightly. Down right off the shiznit shelf and into the lap of lunacy dropped into the cracks of craziness and infected with rock splitting FUN would be close to descriptive in my mild manner book of r/c rock crawling.