Notices

Thread: Western PA crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2018, 07:13 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Western PA crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman84 View Post
Didn't we have comps at brush creek park? I also remember north park, Ohio Pyle. Racoon state park has a lot of great trails not sure if your allowed rc's there. I'm going to stop by and ask one day next week.
I know that Brush Creek and north park is open to RC's. Ohio Pyle we'll need a permit and that involves a fee unfortunately. Let me know what you find out about Racoo State park please
DRCMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2018, 12:45 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Del, I believe you only need a permit for Ohio Pyle if you want to park at the ranger station like we used to. I have been down there with no less than 7 others crawling at our usual comp site with no permit and had no issue because we parked in the lot for the natural water slide and walked down. I don't know if that has changed though but it is something you can look into if you want to crawl there. There are some pretty nice trails downstream from the rocks we used to go to. That is where we had our trail class courses set up when we actually still had comps.

Last edited by stevejr; 03-02-2018 at 12:48 PM.
stevejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:58 AM   #43

Hello all. I'm new to the scene and would like to get together as well. I'm in mercer county. Let me know what I can do.
Eicher7507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejr View Post
Del, I believe you only need a permit for Ohio Pyle if you want to park at the ranger station like we used to. I have been down there with no less than 7 others crawling at our usual comp site with no permit and had no issue because we parked in the lot for the natural water slide and walked down. I don't know if that has changed though but it is something you can look into if you want to crawl there. There are some pretty nice trails downstream from the rocks we used to go to. That is where we had our trail class courses set up when we actually still had comps.
That's good to hear.YeaI think what drew attention to us before was the size of the group and all the pop-up awnings.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2018, 03:00 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eicher7507 View Post
Hello all. I'm new to the scene and would like to get together as well. I'm in mercer county. Let me know what I can do.
Looking forward to meeting you. Will definitely keep you posted
Old 04-08-2018, 09:43 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Hey I’m from southern tip of clarion county on the v of Armstrong county . I finally got my rig built and need some place/places to run it, and or a club so my friend and I have more than just us to comp. with .
Rattzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattzo1 View Post
Hey I’m from southern tip of clarion county on the v of Armstrong county . I finally got my rig built and need some place/places to run it, and or a club so my friend and I have more than just us to comp. with .
Hey there, welcome to the crawling scene. Based on where you're at there is a group closer to you 'Keystone RC North'. Still planning on putting something together in the general Pittsburgh area (as soon as the weather makes up it's mind if it's winter or spring).

Thanks,
-D
Old 04-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Del...

Hey man.. i am still hanging around.. i left for awhile. im getting ready to buy more parts to build again. maybe Jestor or Garage Door bob still around.. ill be willing to help out when i can.
Zeks05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeks05 View Post
Del...

Hey man.. i am still hanging around.. i left for awhile. im getting ready to buy more parts to build again. maybe Jestor or Garage Door bob still around.. ill be willing to help out when i can.

Hey good to see you here. HAven't heard from Jester or Bob in a long time. Hopefully we can get them back into crawling. Now that the weather is finally getting decent hoping to put together a fun run sometime this month.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:07 AM   #50
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCMAN View Post
Hey good to see you here. HAven't heard from Jester or Bob in a long time. Hopefully we can get them back into crawling. Now that the weather is finally getting decent hoping to put together a fun run sometime this month.
Let me know when and where you want to run. I'm in the New Castle area.
EZCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:26 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Would love to get out and wheel a little.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:50 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

This month's KRCN comp is this Sunday in Russell on Rt. 957, west of town a few miles.

https://www.facebook.com/events/163384917813010/?ti=cl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattzo1 View Post
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:24 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZCompany View Post
Let me know when and where you want to run. I'm in the New Castle area.
Sounds good. Going to suggest a couple dates over the next week
Old 05-03-2018, 07:28 AM   #54

Yea I’m trying to get myself and my kids into it as racing has just not what I want to do anymore since the loss of Doug Mccullough (god speed brother) but with his facility shut down racing just is of no interest to me anymore but now that I started looking this direction the wife is worried about the kids getting ticks ugh damn Facebook parents helping parents I realize our eco system changes and evolves but we can’t just keep our kids in the house for goodness sake will have a bunch of unmotivated lazy population on our hands I’m about to start a group called go out and enjoy life worry about the ticks once you get one on you if it happens you can get the lil rascals out off of you it’s not a death sentence. But I’m just going to tell the wife the area we’re going to sprayed for ticks lol
thumperpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:33 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperpa View Post
Yea I’m trying to get myself and my kids into it as racing has just not what I want to do anymore since the loss of Doug Mccullough (god speed brother) but with his facility shut down racing just is of no interest to me anymore but now that I started looking this direction the wife is worried about the kids getting ticks ugh damn Facebook parents helping parents I realize our eco system changes and evolves but we can’t just keep our kids in the house for goodness sake will have a bunch of unmotivated lazy population on our hands I’m about to start a group called go out and enjoy life worry about the ticks once you get one on you if it happens you can get the lil rascals out off of you it’s not a death sentence. But I’m just going to tell the wife the area we’re going to sprayed for ticks lol

I hear you about getting the kids out and some wives sort of wanting to keep them in a bubble Grew up playing in the woods everyday never had an issue, definitely tell her that they crop dusted for ticks
Old 07-28-2018, 06:49 AM   #56

Anyone in Pittsburgh proper or within ~20 minutes? I've done a ton of exploration of the abandoned sites around the East side of Pittsburgh for mild off-roading in full-size cars and now that I've discovered R/C off-road, I have a pretty extensive bank of informal locations that would be great for informal tracks if anyone wants to come check them out.
bouldergti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:13 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Miss the Good old days of crawling. With wpac! Starting to get the itch...
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbound View Post
Miss the Good old days of crawling. With wpac! Starting to get the itch...

There are meds for that itch.

How’s it going Bro????
Old 03-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Its going. Lol..lots of hockey with the boys takes all my money and free time. I see you doing a ton of traveling and still doing your thing.
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbound View Post
Its going. Lol..lots of hockey with the boys takes all my money and free time. I see you doing a ton of traveling and still doing your thing.

Yeap....but all for the good of tiny trucking. ;)

Western PA crawlers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
western pa scalers and crawlers 1/10scalecrawler Pennsylvania 71 03-01-2017 09:41 AM
Any western Pennsylvania crawlers? Pappy Pennsylvania 8 05-01-2015 07:59 PM
Western MA. Crawlers Kanine38 Massachusetts 51 05-19-2014 09:05 PM
Western MA. Crawlers Kanine38 Chit Chat 7 02-14-2010 08:32 AM
western pa crawlers rockbound Pennsylvania 19 08-01-2007 03:35 PM