LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 05:03 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Scaler is my Winter project this year.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2007, 06:11 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

You know, we never did discuss what qualifies as a scaler.

We need to set the limit on articulation, whether it matters if the servo is on the axle or frame and other things like that.

Running the Scaler was fun, but frustrating at the same time. I knew what the SW2 was capable of, but in scaler form it was just wanting to roll all the time.

I want something that can crawl well so i'm going to focus on the comp rig first...then finish the Bronco.
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:16 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I like the idea of the limited articulation. I think other than that...it needs to be scale. It should look like a real vehicle. Whether it is a truck or a tuber...it should look scale.

We have to decide how we are going to run the course. Three classes will be keeping us busy.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:26 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Yes, I believe that a limit on articulation and a scale appearance are all the regulation we need.

I don't think it should matter about servo placement on the axle or frame.

I was talking to Lewis at the GTG about how to figure your RTI without a ramp.

Measure the amount of articulation to the wheelnut.

Divide that by the wheelbase.

Multiply by 1000.

So a truck with 6" articulation with a 12" wheelbase would have an RTI rateing of 500. We would just have to decide the limit.
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:27 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
I like the idea of the limited articulation. I think other than that...it needs to be scale. It should look like a real vehicle. Whether it is a truck or a tuber...it should look scale.

We have to decide how we are going to run the course. Three classes will be keeping us busy.
Set a limit on flex, wheel base must fit body or be in proportion to the chassis if it's a tuber. Front and rear bumpers. Battery must be mounted on chassis. I don't really care about the servo on the chassis or the axle. Just some sugestions.

We don't have to run all 3 classes at each event. We can have certain events just for scale rigs or for scale and 2.2 rigs if a spot is not good for the super class rigs. Then again if the terrain is not suited for the scale class just run comp rigs. Trying to run all 3 classes every gtg would be a little much I think. Especially if we have a bunch of rigs show up.
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyophio View Post
We don't have to run all 3 classes at each event. We can have certain events just for scale rigs or for scale and 2.2 rigs if a spot is not good for the super class rigs. Then again if the terrain is not suited for the scale class just run comp rigs. Trying to run all 3 classes every gtg would be a little much I think. Especially if we have a bunch of rigs show up.
Only problem with that thought is you are eliminating some of the members from being at every event. We don't want that. If we have them we need to run them. Not everyone has four rigs . If we are going to have the classes we need to run them all.

We don't want to make someone feel that they have to have multiple rigs to be involved in the club.

Let's move this over to the Club info Thread...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Set a limit on flex, wheel base must fit body or be in proportion to the chassis if it's a tuber. Front and rear bumpers. Battery must be mounted on chassis. I don't really care about the servo on the chassis or the axle. Just some sugestions.

It will be hard to get people to come to one event .Then a maybe you sould have a west virgina club startup were your at?
kodiakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakman View Post
It will be hard to get people to come to one event .Then a maybe you sould have a west virgina club startup were your at?

We can work this out. I like the idea of a scaler follow the leader course. That way everyone is running the same time to save time. It would be an elimination where last man standing wins.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Whats does that have anything to do with what i said? I have no problems traveling a couple of hours to a gtg. If you don't want to come here for a gtg thats fine. I'm not asking you to.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

I think we should run a classes the same day.Their isn't a big turnout yet? So the crawler should be able to run all the brought that day
Old 04-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think we should run a classes the same day.Their isn't a big turnout yet? So the crawler should be able to run all the brought that day
Guys the key to this whole thing is getting great crawling spots. We need a big area, easily accessible that we can set up three courses and have them going at the same time.

Let's get out there and find those spots....
Old 04-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Guys the key to this whole thing is getting great crawling spots. We need a big area, easily accessible that we can set up three courses and have them going at the same time.

Let's get out there and find those spots....

I found some already.The places by my parnets house.No as far as a walk as apollo and alot of rocks.Far best place i've seen so far.Camrun acouple courses and good for super and 2.2 comp

Last edited by kodiakman; 04-04-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Old 04-04-2007, 03:31 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I've seen this place before...Oh that's right on this thread. :?

We need to get something in the Pittsburgh area. All you easterners have all the rocks. The only rocks we have is Mckees Rocks...
Old 04-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I've seen this place before...Oh that's right on this thread. :?

We need to get something in the Pittsburgh area. All you easterners have all the rocks. The only rocks we have is Mckees Rocks...
Why pittsburgh area? We have members that are in indiana and westmoreland countries to? It seems like everyone from pittsburgh wants them close to them?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Why pittsburgh area? We have members that are in indiana and westmoreland countries to? It seems like everyone from pittsburgh wants them close to them?
Kodiakman,
You need some rest...The last two were 1 hour and 1 1/2 hours for me and several others. The next one is in Wheeling. Where do you see that we want them all in Pittsburgh. I have already suggested McConnells Mill State Park that is an hour north of me.

Remember my comment that we are going to give everyone a fair chance at being close to home. Indiana and Westmoreland Counties are not close to "most" of the members

We need to be fair about this.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #57
RCC Addict

I agree w/ John, we need to spread this out. I'm not scared to travel, but if it was up to me we'ld have em all at Casparis! But that would be selfish. I tried to get a local club together two years ago and got no response. So I started crawln with the guys up in York, a 3+ hour drive. So anywhere in the PGH area is good to me.

Some of these spots might be good for us:
http://www.climbpa.telerama.com/climbpa.html

But most of all we need some good acessable spots with lots of rocks.
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Kodiakman,
The next one is in Wheeling.
Actually it's in Yorkville, Ohio. It's right on the ohio river. 15 minutes north of wheeling. Plenty of parking and lots of rocks.

Kodiakman, I'm all for driving up and checking those places out. Just name a time. I'll do my best to make it up.

Remember not all gtg have to be organised through the club.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Remember not all gtg have to be organised through the club.
Poly hit it right on the head. The scheduled dates are so we make sure that we go out and crawl. If we can fit one in between or if anyone wants to hook up, more power to ya.

The main objective of this club was to hook up with other people that love the hobby and have some fun. Remember three months ago, a lot of us didn't even know that we existed so close to eachother.

A simple email that I started calling all western PA crawlers started the ball rolling. Now, look at all the people we have met and fun we are having. The club has been a success just for that reason.

Enjoy!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

I just saying thier should be a comp around everyones area.One casparis,wheeling and ? I think their should be one local to each group of members.So everyone gets a local one.I'll make every comp that there is