Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: HPI RS4 Rally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default HPI RS4 Rally

Anyone else have one?? I just bought one off of ebay near mint. It should be here later next week. It has the under body and the inner body with the 99' WRC impreza body painted black.

Edit* It's an 01' body not a 99'

Last edited by bnoland; 08-31-2008 at 12:32 AM.
bnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Nice score... I was watching that.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I was watching that one too. Ive been wanting to grab a rally for a while now. A friend of mine has one and I love running it. You'll be very happy with it. I have a vintage 99 Impreza 2.5 RS body waiting for the day I finally get one. Get the new Pirelli rally tires from HPI. They are awesome!
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I just sent to a guy with one on a web site as well. Hopefully he will reply and I can pick it up. I love the car.. I have had a couple of the HPI and the Losi rally car. I hate to run it hard though because if I break it I am about screwed on anything I would break. I ended up sending to him asking if he would sell it for less because I really didn't want to spend $200 on it. I ended up getting it for $150 shipped. I was looking at those tires, I will probably pic up a set. Post pics of your body if you can!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Do they still have a ford focus rally body? I have always liked the looks of it.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

There is another one on there now. It doesn't have the inner body parts but looks clean and is at $50 right now
Old 08-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #7

that was one of my first real r/cs back when it came out, i absolutely loved it, it was the ford focus body, ran a futaba esc, 27 green monster motor of some sorts, i recall it snowing/icing bad here (only happens once every 3 or so years) and i got to drive it in that, so much fun

also back then i was big into WRC when they showed it on tv, so the fun factor of that car was even higher for me

great car!! bulletproof and just plain fun! i regret selling it.... /cry
PoinTHwerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoland View Post
There is another one on there now. It doesn't have the inner body parts but looks clean and is at $50 right now
Yeah Im watching that one too. I just happen to be broke right now and Id kinda like to find one with the inner body. You mean snow and ice like this...?

We ran the hell outta that rally through the slop in a parking lot and the car never blinked. So much fun!
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:21 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Sweet.. I can't wait. The first one I ever had was the Losi rally weapon and I use to jump the crap out of it. I will probably be alittle more careful with this one.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:05 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Well done on getting hold of one. I've been looking for a while but never managed to find one. I have got a NIB Yokomo MR4 rally that I might build one day though.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:46 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupers View Post
Well done on getting hold of one. I've been looking for a while but never managed to find one. I have got a NIB Yokomo MR4 rally that I might build one day though.
Sweet.. post some pictures?? I have never even heard of that one. Must be very rare
Old 08-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Sweet.. post some pictures?? I have never even heard of that one. Must be very rare
Not exactly rare I've had a couple so far. I'm sure I've got some pics somewhere. I'll get them up tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupers View Post
Not exactly rare I've had a couple so far. I'm sure I've got some pics somewhere. I'll get them up tomorrow.
I have never seen one. Seen quite a few of the Losi and HPI rally car though. I have owned 3 Losi and this will be my second HPI rally car. I want another Losi one.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:41 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Has anyone converted the xxx-s to a rally car? I saw an artical online where someone did it. I have a xxx-s brushless that I am thinking about doing that with. From the looks of it all you have to do is get longer shocks.

I started another post.. I have started converting my xxx-s to a rally car. I have gotten the amount of travel I want now I just need to find shocks that will and let it sit at a close to normal height but droop like a real rally car when it is airborn

Last edited by bnoland; 08-31-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I have never seen one. Seen quite a few of the Losi and HPI rally car though. I have owned 3 Losi and this will be my second HPI rally car. I want another Losi one.
Here you go. It's basically a MR4 with taller shock towers longer shocks to give it extra ground clearance. It also has rally spec tyres and an inner body to keep dirt out of the inner workings of the beast.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Thats pretty sweet. I thought only Tamiya, Losi, and HPI had any rally car kits released.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Here is my RS4 rally that I picked up on the bay for $100:

I think the drivers give it an unmatched scale look:

I tricked out mine by adding a 17t Orion motor, Novak Rooster ESC with fan, sway bars, optional green springs, and HPI Pirelli tires. This thing rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
I was watching that one too. Ive been wanting to grab a rally for a while now. A friend of mine has one and I love running it. You'll be very happy with it. I have a vintage 99 Impreza 2.5 RS body waiting for the day I finally get one. Get the new Pirelli rally tires from HPI. They are awesome!
Agreed, the Pirelli tires are sweet! They wear slower than the stockers and grip like no other.

Quote:
I just sent to a guy with one on a web site as well. Hopefully he will reply and I can pick it up. I love the car.. I have had a couple of the HPI and the Losi rally car. I hate to run it hard though because if I break it I am about screwed on anything I would break. I ended up sending to him asking if he would sell it for less because I really didn't want to spend $200 on it. I ended up getting it for $150 shipped. I was looking at those tires, I will probably pic up a set. Post pics of your body if you can!
Ya, I hear ya on the availibility of parts. I lucked out casue my LHS has a stock pile of older HPI stuff.
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr View Post
Here is my RS4 rally that I picked up on the bay for $100:

Ya, I hear ya on the availibility of parts. I lucked out casue my LHS has a stock pile of older HPI stuff.
Very nice.. mine is the same except the wing is on the rear and stock tires. Maybe I need to go to the local hobby shops and see if they have any RS4 Rally parts hidding.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Sweet.. I just score another one that looks like it is in pretty good shape. No inner body and a jetta body but for $50 Can't beat that! I was searching google for parts and the ad came up for it on a VW car club forum. I hope it is acually a rally. It looks like it is.

The body coming on it. I am thinking the Evo body for this one!

Last edited by bnoland; 09-02-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Very nice.. mine is the same except the wing is on the rear and stock tires. Maybe I need to go to the local hobby shops and see if they have any RS4 Rally parts hidding.
ya definetly pick up some belts and the diff gear / trans top gear, I go through about one top gear a month, I think I have a fix for the top gear coming soon though!

Quote:
Sweet.. I just score another one that looks like it is in pretty good shape. No inner body and a jetta body but for $50 Can't beat that!
$50, damn you cant beat that deal, definetly a rally too!
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote