Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: traxxas rally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default traxxas rally

i picked up a rally vxl to use as parts to convert my erevo back to a boss. but then i realized why should i convert it when the rally had everything on it, including a better trans mount! i didnt like the wheels it came with so before taking it out i got 2 sets of hpi 3 mm offset work wheels, and 2 sets of hpi x pattern tires. it handled much better than the boss did. then a few weeks later i while picking up parts for my slash i saw an integy carbon fiber conversion set for the 1/16 erevo and slash. so i got it. the conversion isnt bad but i found out that if you take off the bottom part of the chassis, attaching the differentials, and trans are alot easier. i didnt use the receiver cover either, getting the screws for it lined up were being a pain.

side shot with my slash 4x4 with 2.8s

top view with body off

side view

i know this isnt about the rally but i wanted to do something different with my mini dessert truck so i converted it to 12 mm hex and put the stock rally tires on it

c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
RCC Addict

That looks cool. Great work.
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Looks great.Those tires do work alot better for grip.They are fun to drive.I have a boss that I now put a Kyle Busch truck body on.Also added aluminum arms,tie rods,shock holders,and servo protector.I also have the Ken Block rally/drifter but have never used it.
PCHILNSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
RCC Addict

thanks i tried this thing with the optional pinion yesterday.... damn this thing hauls! i was using a team orion 3 cell lipo and if you punch it the car just spins out!

i had the boss wheels on the mini dessert truck with a dynamite fuze and it couldnt catch traction. this truck also needs a complete drivetrain redo. it has a really bad clicking noise. i also just replaced the driveshafts with cvds
Old 08-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yeah they haul.I tryed my friends with lipos and it is a huge difference.I'm running two stock batteries in mine but want lipos next.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
RCC Addict

yea i tried the boss with 3 cell and it wasnt bad, after i converted it to an erevo it wasnt bad either. i think its having so little traction is because of the chassis being lighter, could be wrong tho. im thinking about getting a mamba maxx pro system for it but i dont know yet
Old 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I added a sway kit and with the HPI tires it helped.Also added adjustable tie rods.There is alot you can do and experiment with on them.I will change the motor once this one goes out.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
yea i tried the boss with 3 cell and it wasnt bad, after i converted it to an erevo it wasnt bad either. i think its having so little traction is because of the chassis being lighter, could be wrong tho. im thinking about getting a mamba maxx pro system for it but i dont know yet
Who's sway bar kit did you get?

Last edited by BJoe; 08-15-2011 at 07:54 PM.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I got one by Hot Racing.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
RCC Addict

i converted the rally back to an erevo for now with the wing and wheelie bar. also has upraded outer driveshafts. this thing is still insane. in 10 minutes both rear drive shafts came out. and the third time i had it out, the wheelie bar was set so it would do really tall wheelies. the truck hit the wheelie bar so hard that it turned the truck into a curb. it then bounced off the curb, flipped, then the rear of the truck hit a mailbox post and both driveshafts came out again!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like your having fun with it.[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
i converted the rally back to an erevo for now with the wing and wheelie bar. also has upraded outer driveshafts. this thing is still insane. in 10 minutes both rear drive shafts came out. and the third time i had it out, the wheelie bar was set so it would do really tall wheelies. the truck hit the wheelie bar so hard that it turned the truck into a curb. it then bounced off the curb, flipped, then the rear of the truck hit a mailbox post and both driveshafts came out again!