Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Got my new body painted up!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Got my new body painted up!

It's a TeamBlueGorrve Super Nitro Rally Reproduction off of eBay. I also used a set of reproduction stickers for it from MCI Racing.

The overall quality of the body itself is awesome. The lexan is nice and thick and looks like it will take a good beating! The body didn't come with windows mask though but I also got some liquid mask and had at it with no problems.

Here are a few pictures-

During the masking process:

Apply and let dry. Then just cut and trim off the excess. It takes a steady hand... good thing for the window stickers!

I went with Tamiya pearl white, My basement smelled A W E S O M E... (really though make sure you have some ventilation hehe..):

Black ground effects (backwards but I made sure everything dried for a few hours):

And stickered up:

Yes I went with the Tamiya smoke for the windows... I made sure everything was dried and cured for a good 3 hours or so. I didn't have any issues with it bleeding into the rest of the color.

And outside pretty much finished up:

I messed up by not cutting the post holes before hand. Seeing as the body was designed for the Super Nitro Rally the dimples didn't line up with the WR8 posts... I tried my best to mark them with a marker and then place the body on but they were off by a bit. I ended up slotting the holes and then gluing on some lexan scrap to sure it up. Overall it seems to be working just fine.

Lastly the front:

The Reproduction stickers aren't the best quality but they do the job. I'm satisfied with it!
MikeGozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Got my new body painted up!

love it .. cant wait to get mine
going2fast is offline   Reply With Quote

Got my new body painted up! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How I painted my Body run2jeepn General Crawlers 25 12-17-2006 06:51 AM