Notices

Thread: 07 Nats Finals Course Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
I'm just in it to pull chicks.

I don't see how the schedule change has any effect on you rockwerks. Other than maybe leaving a little later I guess. I'm staying Monday if I can this time.
Id just like to see both run both days.......Like every other comp in the world

why segregate the classes to one day only? Be much more fun if we all crawl both days. Oh and Im staying for monday also

aw I guess It really does not matter to me. If it makes it easier for the guys running both classes then thats cool too, Ill just get ripped Sunday!

Last edited by rockwerks; 07-24-2007 at 08:06 PM.
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

I thing it's about me competing personally. Not me and my helper/spotter competing. I thought RC Crawling was about building the best rig you can and driving that rig the best YOU can. I never thought it was to build a rig and have helper to ask for help to get thru a course.
Yes I feel each driver should be totally on their own and disqualified for being assisted by anyone.

On the other hand I have given ideas to local drivers at the comps as well. But I will not do this again. I don't think it's my place to make up their mind about how to drive or what line to take. During the running of a course.

Now if you want to prewalk and talk about a course and then drive on your own. That may be different, just no help while driving a course. IMO
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:03 PM   #63

I like the ideal of spliting the 2 classes. I've always helped other drivers at local comps that I felt needed the help. I don't think I'll be telling drivers at Nationals how to drive, but it Austin wants to give me his advise I'll listen.

I'm with JIA I'd like to see progress points count more, not just for Nationals but for the whole year.

At out SERCRC comps when ever we split the classes into 2 different groups we aways clear the scores for the finals. This helps if one group was calling pentaly points different from another group, or if the courses changed through out the day. I'm NOT say to reset the points for Nationals.
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad View Post
I thing it's about me competing personally. Not me and my helper/spotter competing. I thought RC Crawling was about building the best rig you can and driving that rig the best YOU can. I never thought it was to build a rig and have helper to ask for help to get thru a course.
Yes I feel each driver should be totally on their own and disqualified for being assisted by anyone.
That's a noble thought, but have you actually judged at a large scale competition before? I think most of the judges from nat's last year will agree that there's enough going on without disqualifying people for receiving help.

That goes to say, what if I was driving a course, and a random person walked up and started giving me pointers? I know as a judge I wouldn't want to deal with that sort of situation during the run.

That goes for a lot of other things too. I've ran/helped to run my share of competitions and in my experience a more simple, well organized competition is a more fun competition. That being said, Jason knows his stuff, let him run the competition and all will be well.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #65
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
well how about 2 runs each for super and 2.2 on saturday, one for each on sunday and the finals after...........that makes more sense to me, the same way 1:1 does it.
Because then I would have to listen to people complain about how it rained saturday night and all the dirt got washed off the course they ran yesterday is now easier for the guys running it on sunday.

Quote:
Id just like to see both run both days.......Like every other comp in the world

why segregate the classes to one day only? Be much more fun if we all crawl both days. Oh and Im staying for monday also

aw I guess It really does not matter to me. If it makes it easier for the guys running both classes then thats cool too, Ill just get ripped Sunday!
Many competitions run separate classes on separate days, it'll be nothing new. I also think it'll really help those people that are running both classes focus on what they are doing that day.

And you can't get ripped on sunday, you'll be judging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
I've ran/helped to run my share of competitions and in my experience a more simple, well organized competition is a more fun competition. That being said, Jason knows his stuff, let him run the competition and all will be well.

Thank you man!
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post

And you can't get ripped on sunday, you'll be judging.
Damn it thats right! LOL

Its gonna be a great time no matter...........So where is it going to be?

are all the needed permits in place........we dont need any surprises LOL
Old 07-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Its gonna be a great time no matter...........So where is it going to be?

are all the needed permits in place........we dont need any surprises LOL
I tried bribing him at the comp couple days ago to find out where it's gonna be held at. All I got was a smile and "It's good, don't worry."

As far as the permits, I can't believe his wife let him get a 2nd mortgage to do this shindig.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
I tried bribing him at the comp couple days ago to find out where it's gonna be held at. All I got was a smile and "It's good, don't worry."

As far as the permits, I can't believe his wife let him get a 2nd mortgage to do this shindig.
Permits are cheap. I've dealt with BLM before.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #69
R.I.P. Chip

$4.00 per person in attendance per day to the BLM, and another $4.00 per person in attendance per day to the state, add it up ;)
Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #70
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Permits are cheap.
Not in Moab.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If we run like we did last year we'll end up having to run 300 runs in a single day. Then 10 runs the second day.

If we do it the way I proposed we'll run 155 runs each day.

Last year we ran 210 runs in a single day. Then 10 runs the second day.

My goal is to have 2 decent days of crawling, with enough time leftover each day for people to have fun and enjoy themselves instead of 1 long, rushed day and one day hardly worth getting out of bed for.

Remember we are all in this to have fun, meet friends, and visit new and exciting places. These comps just give us all an excuse to do that ;)
For what it is worth, I think you are spot on with this desicion for those of us that are running both classes and would like to meet everyone and have a good time also.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

DQ'ing somebody for giving or receiving advice during a run is just silly. What's to keep somebody from just walking up and offering unsolicited advice to a driver they want DQ'd?

Here in WA, we help eachother during our runs a lot. We all want to help everybody do the best they possibly can. Telling somebody they can't get advice during their run is more like trying to make your competitors do worse, rather than helping yourself get better, and that's just not the way we want things to be.

Besides, it's still driver and machine vs driver and machine. The driver has to decide if the advice they hear is good, bad, or otherwise, and they still have to drive the line - Nobody is helping them work the controls.

And last time I checked, there was no provision in the rules banning spectators from talking to drivers, so it wouldn't make sense to add it this late in the game, IMO
todd1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:55 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
well how about 2 runs each for super and 2.2 on saturday, one for each on sunday and the finals after...........that makes more sense to me, the same way 1:1 does it.
Leave it alone.

Tell me this guy has an "off" button....

Like the 2.2 and supers running on different days. Wont be as rushed and I think it will make for a better layed out day. So the raffle will run evenly on both days? So people will have to hang out for both days anyways to be eligible right?
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:01 AM   #74
R.I.P. Chip

Whatever raffle prizes we recieve will be spread out evenly through both days.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:02 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Cool.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:04 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
$4.00 per person in attendance per day to the BLM, and another $4.00 per person in attendance per day to the state, add it up ;)

does that include spectators too? or just competitors?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
In a truly altruistic manner, I will make the ultimate sacrifice and accept all raffle prizes so people don't have to worry about staying until Sunday. This will alleviate any travel issues people may have.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:08 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
In a truly altruistic manner, I will make the ultimate sacrifice and accept all raffle prizes so people don't have to worry about staying until Sunday. This will alleviate any travel issues people may have.
I have a better idea, lets hold them till Monday and give them out on Hells revenge! LOL
Old 07-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have a better idea, lets hold them till Monday and give them out on Hells revenge! LOL
Or we can wait till after you leave...