Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Bit By the Bug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #1

Default Bit By the Bug

Over the winter I somehow got bit by the crawler bug without ever actually using one lol. I work in Northern Alberta in the Oilfield and have lots of downtime after shift and came across RCCrawler. After much reading, and staring at pics and vids I decided to go a head and build one. This was my first electric rc, I have a big old nitro Savage and a Tmaxx and beat them regularly, but this is completely new to me. I decided on a Bully Crawler. Here's how it sits now. I had full intentions on doing a full build thread but it never happened. I figured that now that I have a bit of downtime at work I might as well post up a couple pics of where I am at with it and some of the parts I have used.

Originally it was set up with 4ws, but I never used it, so took it off.

Bully axles, with lightweight tubes, knuckle bearings up front and and a bit of dremmel work for a bit more steering. And some shimming to remove the slop.
BJ4 Chassis.
East End Machining Steering Setup, have a Xirtic set up as well that i will be putting on at a later date to try it out.
Dual BR XL's that took up alot of room in the little chassis, so they were sent to Chris at Creation Fab for a Super Smash...just waiting for their return and I will post up pics.
45T HH TM's.
Hitec 7950 servo, since it was 4ws and no longer is, I have a spare if needed.
Mayhem DCP Wheels, took a long time to get them, but worth the wait.
Proline Chisels, Sedonas for spares. CI Foams on the way.
CI High Clearance Lowers.
VP Uppers with a bit of shrink tube over them, I like black lol.
RC4WD Axle Extenders, I am liking the wider wheelbase.
Gmade Transition Shocks, limited travel. Losi's waiting to be built.
Airtronics MT4 Radio and receiver. I am liking it a lot. Love the lever for dig/ and burn with proportional. Telemetry is handy on my Savages.
Many screws replaced, as the crappy stockers strip.
4 Thunder Power 3s 1300MaH batteries.

I think that's all of it. It probably will never comp so weights and lengths and width isn't a concern to me lol.
Attached Images

robbie420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Bit By the Bug

Looks good. I forgot all about that steering setup. I loved mine. You look pretty wide, whats your track width? I like a wider width too but that might be alittle too wide imo. But its your preference that counts.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Looks good! Any good action shots?
Ace138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #4

Thanks guys, it sits 10 inches tire center to tire center, but within a couple minutes can have the extenders removed. And no action shots yet. I am hoping that early next week I will have my ESC's back from Creation Fab, then I will post some up.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
RCC Addict

If you have the room, try flipping your servo over but still run teh horn facing up like that. Be safer for things.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #6

Ahh thanks for the tip, I will try and post back with the results.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #7

Been a couple days, but I flipped the servo horn and managed to get it all working, I have to bend me some steering linkage now to get full swing today. I also received my BR XL's back from Chris at Creation Fab. What a great job he did on the super smash. What used to be a wiring nightmare is now just awesome lol. I even have a bit of room to spare!

BR XL's before trip to Chris

After trip to Chris

Heres the extra crap he sent back lol

How it all sits inside

Now for some pre action pics! Had no one to take some pics while i was giving it a run, so the poser shots will have to do for now...

Old 07-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Nice job
Ace138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #9

Thanks! Its nearly done...have to limit the shock travel in it yet but other than that I am pleased how it turned out.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Hey Kamloops guy!Nice job!Next time im up there,I should give you a shout.Probably TONS of cool crawling up there.
Speed Metal Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #11

There are a few gems up here in Kamloops for crawling for sure Speed. We just found a spot that is pretty sweet as is, but with a bit of work it could be just badass. There may or may not be rattlesnakes there though lol. Been there a couple times, was kinda cautious, all was well. Just gotta keep on my toes I guess lol. Anytime your around shoot me a pm, if I am in town I am up for a crawl. The guys at the LHS go out regularly too I think. I will to pick your brain for Vancouver spots next time I am that way

Bit By the Bug - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bit by a new bug. .. .the scale bug that is!!! IDnewcrwlr Newbie General 11 05-06-2009 04:21 PM
Finnaly got bit by the bug.. XSRCdesign Axial AX-10 Scorpion 18 11-03-2007 05:43 PM
Got bit by a different bug badtodabone Chit Chat 12 12-28-2005 08:15 PM
got bit by the superslick bug... XSRCdesign Tamiya TLT Crawlers 50 10-09-2005 09:45 PM