RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   RC4WD Bully (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-bully/)
-   -   Cloudswimmer's Bully II Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd-bully/584692-cloudswimmers-bully-ii-build.html)

cloudswimmer 05-22-2017 03:19 PM

Re: Cloudswimmer's Bully II Build

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo93 (Post 5710113)
Because it isn't nearly that full. And if you run them that full. They are no longer shocks they might as well be links.
You get over it. :flipoff:

Ok guys group hug time :mrgreen: Any of you going to Axial Fest in July? I'll buy ya both a couple beers :D

cloudswimmer 05-26-2017 06:34 PM

Ok just got my package from Amazon with the rest of the stuff I needed to get this project going. One thing in that package is a leather hole punch to vent the tires. A couple people recommended 4 2mm vent holes in the center of each tire (each hole opposite the other to create a cross pattern), but why not put the holes on the inside sidewalls closer to the rim? Seems like I'd be less prone to get sand and dirt in the tires over time, and it would look better?

tapped-out 05-26-2017 06:42 PM

Some guys put holes in sidewalls, go for it. I know if I did that's where I'd rip the sidewall.

cloudswimmer 05-26-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapped-out (Post 5712171)
Some guys put holes in sidewalls, go for it. I know if I did that's where I'd rip the sidewall.

Or what about just drilling some vent holes in the plastic rim itself?

mikemcE 05-26-2017 07:06 PM

Cloudswimmer's Bully II Build

If your using closed cell foams the water will run out, if using single stage outer, on the circumference to spin out any water
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bba2494bfa.jpg
This has always worked for me

Hang up and Drive

84yoda 05-26-2017 07:22 PM

That's what I did, drilled the rims. 4 total in each rim. But just remember if you put some CI DD foams in, you'll need to put holes in the inner closed cell foams to let the outer foam breath.

cloudswimmer 05-26-2017 07:22 PM

Ok yeah I can see the reasoning putting the holes smack dab in the center like you did for draining water. Holes on the inner sidewall would require some work getting the water out after a run. I've always avoided water and mud though like the plague, of course roaming around the So.Cal. desert you don't have to work too hard to avoid water and mud lol.

tapped-out 05-26-2017 08:00 PM

I've always had vent holes in center of tires (10yrs) it's never been a problem.
And if my foams were to get soaked when I got home I'd remove foams and air dry them.

Just put holes in center of tires you'll be fine.

cloudswimmer 06-06-2017 03:30 PM

Hey guys, you think there would be any problem running a Sanwa MT4 radio with my Hobbywing 1040 ESC in my Bully?

tapped-out 06-06-2017 06:08 PM

Guys run that radio Airatronics/Sanwa mt4 with dual esc's so if you have that radio it's almost time for 2 esc's.
You'll be fine

cloudswimmer 06-07-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapped-out (Post 5715932)
Guys run that radio Airatronics/Sanwa mt4 with dual esc's so if you have that radio it's almost time for 2 esc's.
You'll be fine

Ok I went ahead and bought an old new stock MT4. Problem is now I'm too broke to afford the Holmes dual ESC :roll:

Rockatanski 06-07-2017 03:06 PM

Castel Micro sidewinder x 2?
Smashed and you're done...

tapped-out 06-07-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockatanski (Post 5716253)
Castel Micro sidewinder x 2?
Smashed and you're done...

True enough.. But Holmes Hobbies br-mini esc's worth every penny.

Evo93 06-07-2017 03:56 PM

Just play around with dig and the hobby wing 1040 for awhile before you go dumping tons of money on it. But Im going to wait till I can afford the HH mini ESC. No need to upgrade right from the get go. Starting to wonder why you bought the rtr at all, haha. Seems like you haven't even driven it and are replacing everything. Maybe I'm just jealous.
;-)

cloudswimmer 06-07-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo93 (Post 5716282)
Starting to wonder why you bought the rtr at all, haha. Seems like you haven't even driven it and are replacing everything. Maybe I'm just jealous.
;-)

Starting to wonder that myself :roll: lol. Actually I had surgery last week and have more coming at the end of this week (oral surgery) so I haven't felt like doing squat .. so to pass the time away I've been laying here studying, planning, buying and staging RC parts for both my Bully and unfinished Wraith. Also been driving my SCX10 Honcho around the house .. I drive it out to the kitchen, my wife puts my meds on it, and I drive it back (using my iPhone on truck for camera and iPad app for monitor) lol :mrgreen: