Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: k44 vs yota axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default k44 vs yota axles

Would the stock yoga axles or the k44's be a better choice for my tf2? Durability being the deciding factor as well as upgrades
THEmicroRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #2

Default Re: k44 vs yota axles

I JUST "finished" my build im not much help yet, but the stock axles seem very well built and i dont see them being a weak link
kingkong101184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

As long as you get xvd's for the front, you will be set. That goes for the k44's as well.
Snowwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #4

i have had a flaw with my front YOTA axle, the pin in the axle shaft that goes onto the axle piece that the wheel locknut screws onto well that pin came out a little and began to grind against the round ball on the inside of the knuckle. i took it a part and it actually shave off a good 1mm of metal also the pin bent, so i replaced it with the one that goes under the wheel nut because its more important that the pin in the axle is straight. so now if i get xvd's i dont know if the bearing is going to seat right look on my youtube channel...1999samtheman i will make a video on it.
suburbanlover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #5

I snapped one of those hex pins but I didn't have it greased after that I pulled apart the t case transmission and axles and greased them they were dry
gears and grease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #6

The diff gear teeth of the k44 are much deeper giving them more bite and making them stronger. On another note when I got my k44s the were binding up like crazy. Right out of the box they needed to be disassembled shimmed and greased.
RockyRaccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Get the helical upgrades and the XVD's for the Yota's and you've got a very solid set of axles.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Simple.......If you are running a jeep go with the 44's if you are running a Toyota buy the yota axles.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

The XVD's break way too easy. I run a 35T on 3S- and everything is shimmed and clearance properly, and no I don't wail on the - thing just sayin
The cup is too thin where the pin goes through and they have loose tolerances so the pin and cup just wear to the point of failure.
I am on my 4th set - the good in all this is that RC4WD has taken care of me each time.

I note they have a new design XVD for the Yota II axles (which are supposed to be improved designs).

I have been wondering about the K44's myself - they look like they may be more like the axial SCX10 axle...
arnesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnesto View Post
The XVD's break way too easy. I run a 35T on 3S- and everything is shimmed and clearance properly, and no I don't wail on the - thing just sayin
The cup is too thin where the pin goes through and they have loose tolerances so the pin and cup just wear to the point of failure.
I am on my 4th set - the good in all this is that RC4WD has taken care of me each time.

I note they have a new design XVD for the Yota II axles (which are supposed to be improved designs).

I have been wondering about the K44's myself - they look like they may be more like the axial SCX10 axle...
Thanks for the info.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #11

The pin that goes threw the cup is also too short. I had some that were a hair longer just enough to notice and the red ring slid snuggly around when i put them over the cup. I still found that the ring would back off the cup slightly so I put on red thread locker, just a drop, to keep them in place.

I rip the throttle and my rig pops wheelies in 4H. 4L I get bound up with proline super swampers and romp threw the obstacle and the 44s are still solid. Ill let u know how they hold up on the next local endurance comp. comps are usually 120+ gates and consist of only intermediate and hard obstacles. My stock yotas made it to gate 80 before they grenaded.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #12
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I love the K44's. They look so badass. As I understand they are a direct drop in replacement for the yota axles on a TF2 with leaf springs right? I'm running 3 link in the front, will the 3 link bracket bolt up to the front K44 axle?
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
I love the K44's. They look so badass. As I understand they are a direct drop in replacement for the yota axles on a TF2 with leaf springs right? I'm running 3 link in the front, will the 3 link bracket bolt up to the front K44 axle?
If it bolts up the the leaf perch then I don't see why it would be a problem Because the perches are located at the same spot on both the k44s and the yotas. One big difference is that the k44s do not have the bolt hole that go all the way threw the perch. They are threaded holes drilled partway into the perch.

Last edited by RockyRaccoon; 09-11-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #14

Decided to randomly throw up a picture of the diff gear difference.

Stock yota

K44

Last edited by RockyRaccoon; 09-17-2013 at 06:30 PM.

k44 vs yota axles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ultimate Scale Yota REAR + K44 FRONT = under/overdrive? heinie_21 General Crawlers 6 01-27-2012 01:49 AM