Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Hello, just got my TF2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Hello, just got my TF2

Hello everybody, I just wanted to introduce myself - I'm in the UK and my TF2 tipped up on Monday. My only experience with crawlers is a 1/20 Venom mini giant I converted to a lwb 4-link setup with gear reduction a few years back. The truck has always been limited by its plastic gears and crappy stock wheels, but its fun for what it is.

I've thought about a 1/10 crawler for a while, I love scale stuff and I've also always had a hankering for a Bruiser, but I know how expensive this hobby can be. My fabrication skillz aren't all that and none of the rtr or kit offerings (till now) have quite convinced me to part with my cash.

Then I came across the TF2 and fell in love - everything I knew I wanted out of an RC, with interest. But I still couldn't really justify the price. So, I thought, it's my 40th at the end of September and this can be my present to myself. Perfect

Only problem is, now I have to wait. Mrs Sparks says no. Grrr. I thought I should get one while they were available, as the supply over here seems to be non-existent - that was the line I gave her anyway, and it worked ;) Problem is, now I have to stick to it. My TF2 has made it from the States and now its there, sitting on my shelf, still in the cellophane, all shiny ... I must resist ... for three effing months ... what have I done?

Still, gives me plenty of time to research the 1:1, learn from other people's builds on here, accumulate stuff for my own and dream... I feel more excited than the christmas when I opened my first RC - a Tamiya Falcon I'm not much of a poster on forums but if it comes out okay I'll post some pics up.
Sparks1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Hello, just got my TF2

Welcome and good luck not opening it until your birthday. While you wait order up some drives shafts because the stock ones are cheap and will break on you. Mine did and it was a nightmare replacing them. I would also pick a color and order up the paint, electronics, and anything else you are going to add to it (scale emblems & decals)
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Hi Grumpster I'm gonna need some luck I think.

Thanks for the advice - I've been reading round the forums here so my driveshafts are ordered and electronics arrived today Not decided on a colour yet though.

I'm looking at following a 1:1 so I've been spending some time trawling yotatech and a few other places for ideas.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Let me extend my welcome as well. My birthday is also latter September and I can't imagine having to stare at that box until then, good luck. There are a lot of nice people that are ready to help you if and when you need it.
raceeng18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

That's hillarious...I was in the same boat. Mrs "Clanker" said she'd get it for my birthday (in one week) but made me promise not to run it till then. I could build it (she knows how I like that the best) but I have to wait till the actual day before running it. that was back in March when they became available again after the first run sold out. I used the same line on her about availability...worked like a charm. I had a fellow crawler build me a flat bed for it, should be here by early July...I will post a ton of pictures then...before I knock the mirrors off that is...

Welcome Sparks...don't be afraid to post pictures when you get to build it.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:00 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Lol @ Postclanker, that all sounds very familiar - although it sounds like you managed to cut a more sensible deal than I did!

Certainly seems like a nice friendly and knowledgeable place here, think I'll stick around.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

It's a pleasurable build. Just got done running mine on its shakedown run. I wasn't gentle....,

Only a few little things to tweak, but overall I'm loving this rig.
SC Convert is offline   Reply With Quote

Hello, just got my TF2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another TF2 from the UK Pete Attryde RC4WD Trail Finder 2 26 09-15-2012 10:54 AM
New tf2 on the way!! kmoore RC4WD Trail Finder 2 10 04-24-2012 05:45 PM