Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: XVD Whats your thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default XVD Whats your thoughts?

Hey guys whats your thoughts on these are they worth the $40 or sould i spend my $ some where else?
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I just got them for my truck. I'm still doing shakedown runs since I've rebuilt it so maybe 10-15 minutes at a time, after 3 of these runs I only had 3 wheel drive. After tearing the corner down, the inner shaft the holes for the pin were broken out. RC4WD replaced them but I think the problem is the design. They secure that pin with an aluminum sleeve instead of a set screw. That aluminum sleeve takes up space that could be load bearing steel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
Oppan Gangnam Style

Default Re: XVD Whats your thoughts?

I'm running them in my Mog and in my OG tan Yota. So far, no major issues.

One upgrade that I would do is replace the drive pin with the dogbone pin from an Axial axle shaft. You will need to grind it down to the correct length (don't get it too hot when grinding). I noticed the stock pin showed a fair amount of wear after a several packs, this was an easy fix.

I also wore out the aluminum retaining sleeve due to dirt getting in and chewing it up (I made a new one). Mind you, I was running it in some really sandy, muddy water so...

Over all, they are holding up better than I expected, especially on my Yota since it's heavy and gets driven really hard. I just wish they offered a few more degrees of steering.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote

XVD Whats your thoughts? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats your thoughts on this scale crawler?? nowdedispu General Scale Talk 27 01-26-2010 01:38 PM
whats hot, whats not. post good and bad setups and products TomEGunn General Crawlers 9 05-28-2009 07:29 PM
Whats your thoughts on a few crawlers? ProfitOfDoom General Crawlers 5 03-09-2009 08:34 AM
Kimbo Slice Vs Tank Abbot Whats your Thoughts on a Winner? TheHeadHunter Chit Chat 9 02-03-2008 08:52 PM
New World Order. Whats your thoughts run2jeepn Chit Chat 6 12-14-2006 01:10 AM