Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: "OG" Trail Finder VS Trail Finder 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default "OG" Trail Finder VS Trail Finder 2

What is the difference? Are there any options or upgrades left? I have looked online but can't find bumpers, sliders, or skid plates for the TF1 chassis.

Can the TF2 upgrades bolt onto the TF1 frame?

Thanks!
SinCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: "OG" Trail Finder VS Trail Finder 2

No the TF2 parts do not bolt on to the original trail finder chassis.
Katan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks. Any idea of frame width? Or what needs to be done to make the TF2 stuff bolt to TF1?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #4

two completely diff trucks man. the tf2 has all metal chassis. seperate T case. of course the awsome 2 speed trany. and about 3 extra pounds. lol
tunnalram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

So I've been doing research and just cannot find the differences. Is the TF1 100% different than the TF2? Any pictures? I'm trying to figure out how I will mount bumpers, sliders, and my t-60 axles. So far I know one is called "Trail Finder" and the other just has a "2" behind it. Frame rail width differences? That is really all that matters to me right now. So I can go ahead and prepare for some bumper fabrication.

I guess it would be easier to compare mine too....a TF2 when I get it lol...

Thanks guys.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #6

if chassis width is all that matters i guess 99.9% its the same(i have come to this conclusion because yota axle fits with leafs on the tf1). others can confirm , otherwise tf1 and tf2 are day and night by looking in the pictures only.
pravesh736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
RCC Addict

TF2

TF

tozrovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity View Post
........I have looked online but can't find bumpers, sliders, or skid plates for the TF1 chassis.

Thanks!
Skid Plate for the Trail Finder chassis can be found here.....

Trail Finder Center Skid Plate

Currently in stock.

I bought one for my Trail Finder chassis a couple of weeks ago.

David F.
Crimson Rock Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

It seems like I have the only Trail Finder that looks nothing like the pictures that were posted above. I do not have shock mounts, nor the plate in the back, nor the body post in the front. My motor/trans is mounted on the front, transfer case mounted in the center with some type of custom skid plate, and the leaf spring mounts looks totally different. I think I have the TF chassis rails, and it stops at that point. Mine also is extended 1.5" and widened at the front clip. I guess that's what you get for buying used. It works perfectly though, I just can't use any name brand components anymore :meh:

Also, from comparing my chassis to all the other TF1 and TF2, purchasing a new chassis and swapping everything over would be a complete hassle, I guess I'm stuck with what I've got for now.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity View Post
It seems like I have the only Trail Finder that looks nothing like the pictures that were posted above. I do not have shock mounts, nor the plate in the back, nor the body post in the front. My motor/trans is mounted on the front, transfer case mounted in the center with some type of custom skid plate, and the leaf spring mounts looks totally different. I think I have the TF chassis rails, and it stops at that point. Mine also is extended 1.5" and widened at the front clip. I guess that's what you get for buying used. It works perfectly though, I just can't use any name brand components anymore :meh:

Also, from comparing my chassis to all the other TF1 and TF2, purchasing a new chassis and swapping everything over would be a complete hassle, I guess I'm stuck with what I've got for now.

If it looks nothing like a pic of a Trailfinder, then what you have is not a Trailfinder chassis....

It could be a Geolander chassis maybe. The only way to know for sure is to post up a pic of what you have. Or actually look online at some pics yourself...
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
RCC Addict

You may have a Gelande or possibly a bruiseruptor chassis?
tozrovr is offline   Reply With Quote

"OG" Trail Finder VS Trail Finder 2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
n00b's "Breaker-Breaker" RC4WD Trail Finder 2 *Video 4-14* pardonmyn00b RC4WD Trail Finder 2 134 03-29-2013 04:16 PM
13 Trucks mudding at Wallace Trail - Trail finder 2 tundra honcho dingo hummer Unimog boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-17-2012 05:09 PM
Rampede's Bronco Trail Finder Build "Mud Cow" Rampede 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 06-07-2010 01:59 AM