Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: Quick, easy, extremely detailed interior kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Sinking with the ship

Thumbs up Quick, easy, extremely detailed interior kit

For those of you who haven't seen this thread :incredible 'Yota interior parts

There is a new interior set up designed for the Hilux/Mojave type bodies . I purchased 2 dash kits and 2 door panel kits.

I finally got these bad boys in last week. Shipping took a while but upon opening the box I will say it was worth the wait! The pieces are very well casted and require almost zero finishing other then where the mold release marks are.

I fired up the heat in the garage earlier this week and started painting up the parts. I wanted to keep it similar the interior my OG clone had so I went with the gray and black dash and gray door panels with black arm rests

The interior kit is designed to work with the OG style bruiser bench seat however, making it work with the RC4WD seat is not much harder. All you need to do is add a piece of styrene in. You can see the gap that needs to be filled.

I cut a regular strip of .040 styrene and it was just slightly thinner then the existing floor. I opted to carpet the interior floor anyways so once I glued in the styrene I used some of the self adhesive felt my toyota interior dash rattle kit days from the dealer.

The interior fits into the truck perfectly, the doors panels and everything line up nicely. The best part of this kit is that it won't interior with the transmission/tcase set up in the TF2. This kit is perfect if you are looking to install an interior kit in your tf2 without any modifications.

Although the price in these isn't cheap you cannot beat the detail. I have so many more hours into the dash in my blue lux and this thing right out of the bag blows that away. Between the photo etched parts and just the overall detail these things are killer.

I added in a few additional details to mine, if you look carefully you'll see a pedal set from RC Crawler-it as well as a ignition cylinder with key and toyota key chain from RC Crawlet-it as well.

One thing to note, the window cranks are in with the hardware for the door panels...I didn't even notice them in their originally, thought I got shorted on them so I ended up using some axial ones.

Thanks for looking
Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Quick, easy, extremely detailed interior kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Detailed build of Axial Honcho SCX10 Kit - aimed at the person new to RC rc-Bitz Axial SCX-10 0 05-20-2011 04:42 PM
Make a Sticky ? scaler detailed interior parts resource toy4crawlin Comments, Suggestions, and Help 1 05-22-2007 01:16 PM
Scale detailed interior parts toy4crawlin General Scale Talk 17 05-22-2007 12:52 PM